Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 2:43:26 PM EDT
Why in the hell is everyone telling me this, any one have any links?
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's one site: Most Dangerous/Safest States

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#3]
There is a heafty load of manure.

Without the formula the results make no sense.  More "statistics" from someones ass.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The formula is simple. According to their methodology section, they calculate your risk by utilizing six categoies of crime stats, like rape, murder and auto theft, to determine how unsafe we are.
All very scientific like.
So Ron Sims of Wellington,NV has exactly the same peril as Bob Mayo of Las Vegas, NV.
Now I am all scared, I think I wanna go hug my AR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:00:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why in the hell is everyone telling me this, any one have any links?

Remember, everytime some drunk ass tourist slaps his nagging wife on the Strip it is a crime, we have 30+ million visitors a year.

So the stats are bullshit? Because they are only counting our resident pop...
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:57:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Yea, Alaska is #8, that seems strange.  I didn't think there was even enough people who lived in AK to make it unsafe?

Most likely a BS study.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I'm too high drag / low speed to be in any peril.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:17:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The formula is simple. According to their methodology section, they calculate your risk by utilizing six categoies of crime stats, like rape, murder and auto theft, to determine how unsafe we are.
All very scientific like.
So Ron Sims of Wellington,NV has exactly the same peril as Bob Mayo of Las Vegas, NV.
Now I am all scared, I think I wanna go hug my AR.

I'm too high drag / low speed to be in any peril.

It is quite perilous though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:51:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
is quite perilous though.

Perilous is not living in a state with a purported "high crime" rate that allows you the tools to defend yourself.....

True peril is living in a state that has removed the tools and implements for personal self-defense and survival.

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS NEVADA.... (And may God help those still struggling in Kommiefornia, I pray for you poor bastards every day).

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Funny, I've never really felt unsafe here in Vegas.  Of course, I'm also not going down MLK at 2am to score crack.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
is quite perilous though.

Perilous is not living in a state with a purported "high crime" rate that allows you the tools to defend yourself.....

True peril is living in a state that has removed the tools and implements for personal self-defense and survival.

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS NEVADA.... (And may God help those still struggling in Kommiefornia, I pray for you poor bastards every day).

Be Safe.

Joe

Lol, I was going for a Python quote there.

Actually I am moving to Nv this month, kinda like coming home as I grew up in the Reno area just over on the PRK side. I miss the desert and the people. Can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I just might stay away from such a violent place!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:43:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just might stay away from such a violent place!

Amen. Now go on your date with MarkM.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:57:10 PM EDT
[#16]
suprising.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#17]
We're 48th, I wonder if it has anything to do with our extremely high gun ownership rates?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:30:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Interesting that Cali, NV, AZ, NM, and TX were all in the top 11.

Border issues?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Shhhhhh! The lefites might hear and call you a close-minded racist!

But you are definately right.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Interesting that Cali, NV, AZ, NM, and TX were all in the top 11.

Border issues?

You must not have gotten the memo, they are all hard working good folk, doing the jobs Americans don't want so they can make a better life for their families.  So what if there are a few murderers, rapists and robbers mixed in, You are not to judge.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Mexican president tries to win over US black community
AP
Saturday, May 21, 2005

MEXICO CITY (AP) - President Vicente Fox, the champion of Mexican migrants, is taking to the airwaves to convince Americans he isn't racist.

An interview on US civil rights activist Jesse Jackson's radio programme tomorrow will be Fox's first public comments about a firestorm he ignited a week ago by saying Mexicans take the US jobs that "not even" blacks want. The statement roiled already tense relations between US blacks and Hispanics, and angered the US government.

Fox spokesman Ruben Aguilar said yesterday that the president is trying to "move on" by talking publicly with Jackson about ways to bring the communities closer to fight together for their civil rights.

But moving on may be hard to do.

The National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People has invited Fox to attend its July 10-14 convention in Milwaukee to explain himself, although it wasn't immediately clear if he would attend. Another activist, Al Sharpton, is demanding that Fox apologise when the two meet Monday in Mexico City.

"I don't think we've heard a formal apology from him," Sharpton told The Associated Press on Thursday. "I think we've heard some regrets. I think we need an unequivocal apology. This was an unequivocal insult."

Aguilar brushed aside that demand, saying yesterday: "We don't have anything more to say on this point."

Fox's comment unveiled to the world Mexico's obsession with skin colour, which dictates a person's status in society.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top