Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 12:36:19 PM EDT
Can you and your wife have the same gun on both of our permits?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I was told that was the only time you could do it--husband and wife, living in same household. They'll mark 'co-registration' on your blue cards.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#2]
What chiz45 said.  We have it that way on our NV CCW pemits for "Baby G" aka G26.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks

On a side note: I really hate this stupid "qualify with every gun you are allowed to carry BS". We need to follow the example of Vermont...
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Most states won't let you carry where alcohol is being served.

True, I don't care for those laws, specifically since I don't drink and I don't think it should be an issue as long as you don't drink. I think they are trying to turn that one around in AZ.

I can go to a car lot and look at cars if I am drunk, as long as I don't drive them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Again, gotta love living in the American zone of Nevada.
Not only do my wife and I have some of the same guns on our permits, my cousin who lives 25 miles away and my good friend Gunsap have some of the same guns on our permits. Mathuassoldat and I qualified with the same 11 guns on my requal. He used my Walther PP and Python, I used his FM Hi Power.
We'll be adding more when the AR pistols are all finished, too.
There is no NRS requirement for serial number, only make model and caliber. It also doesn't say anywhere that you actually have to own the gun you qualify with, DCSO implied that it was a requirement, but couldn't come up with one of those things that prove it....um... what are they called...oh yeah, a law.  

And I agree with Wolfpack, I carry 5 nights a week in an establishment that serves alcohol.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Darn right! Gunsap, Mathaussoldat, and  I will be adding them as soon as they are all complete and we get qualified. I suspect Meansteve will follow suit, as soon as his testicles show up and he actually gets a working AR
I took mine out shooting the other day and hit a standing Jackrabbit  at about  20 feet with the first shot out of the barrel! Used with a single point sling, push out like MP5k style and you have some tension. Not quit as sturdy as a stock, but good enough for whackin' jacks.
I figure it'll be easier for the Sheriff to sign my SBR paperwork if I already have the AR pistol on my CCW, a little leverage, so to speak.

And what could be more useful in Vegas than a rad  Calico with a 100 rd mag? My CCW'd AR pistol will have a betamag!  Seriously, put it on your CCW and then you can tote it around in a backpack, breifcase, or in your gymshorts.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Can you and your wife have the same gun on both of our permits?

Quoted:
I was told that was the only time you could do it--husband and wife, living in same household. They'll mark 'co-registration' on your blue cards.

Guys,

It doesn't matter if you live in the same household or not, as long as you are legally married and you have a co-registration on your Blue Cards, and each spouse qualifies with the gun(s) to be shared on the CCW permit, both husband and wife will be good to go.

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Joe, i've never seen anything in the NRS pertaining to co-registrations; the only time i knew about it was registering for blue cards, and the lady behind the counter told me this. Thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll be adding more when the AR pistols are all finished, too.

You gonna add an AR pistol to your CCW? That would be pretty funny actually. I qualified for my renewal with Joe a few weeks back and I was gonna bring my Calico 9mm with 2-100 round mags. I wanted to see Joe's expression but I forgot to bring it.

Wolfpack,

By all means, bring out the Calico next time and we'll get it on your CCW!

Hey, I recently qualified a student with and AR Pistol and he did extremely well on both handling and score. I would shudder to think what would happen if he actually were to shoot someone in self-defense with that gun, though. What a field day they would have in the courtroom.

I think self-defense should include using whatever tool is available to you at the time that you are brutally attacked by a vicious felon, and the AR Pistol is good to go with me. Unfortunately, juries are made up of your "peers," and just remember that Clark County, Nevada, voted Blue in the last election.....

Birkenstocks, Tofu,  and forgiveness for everyone but the law-abiding in Clark County!

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 12:53:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Joe, i've never seen anything in the NRS pertaining to co-registrations; the only time i knew about it was registering for blue cards, and the lady behind the counter told me this. Thanks for the heads up

Chiz,

I also cannot find any reference to co-registration/co-CCW in the NRS. The way I see it, as long as a Nevada, CCW applicant meets the requirements set forth by the Sheriffs' and Chiefs' Association, his/her firearm(s) can be listed on the permit.

I believe that the "legally married" thing is a Clark County, gun registration issue and it only applies here in Clark County.

Perhaps you can elaborate on this issue further considering that you are in the Law Library more than I am.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 3/12/2005 6:46:40 AM EDT
[#13]
absolutely nothing in the law library on MY end; my info came from the lady behind the thick glass at the once-open 4th street Metro annex. She told me what she would/would not accept in terms of blue cards; I didn't have the time, information, or patience to argue
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I hear what you are saying Chiz.....

Sitting behind thick glass and counting beans all day doesn't require much brain power....

Be Safe.

Joe
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Darn right! Gunsap, Mathaussoldat, and  I will be adding them as soon as they are all complete and we get qualified. I suspect Meansteve will follow suit, as soon as his testicles show up and he actually gets a working AR
I took mine out shooting the other day and hit a standing Jackrabbit  at about  20 feet with the first shot out of the barrel! Used with a single point sling, push out like MP5k style and you have some tension. Not quit as sturdy as a stock, but good enough for whackin' jacks.
I figure it'll be easier for the Sheriff to sign my SBR paperwork if I already have the AR pistol on my CCW, a little leverage, so to speak.

And what could be more useful in Vegas than a rad  Calico with a 100 rd mag? My CCW'd AR pistol will have a betamag!  Seriously, put it on your CCW and then you can tote it around in a backpack, breifcase, or in your gymshorts.

HEHEHEEE I cant  wait to get my AR pistols 7 1/2 and 10 1/14 oh how they are the kick ass Jackrabbit killers you did a great job with yours Ron!!!
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#16]

I believe that the "legally married" thing is a Clark County, gun registration issue and it only applies here in Clark County.

Yup.  Clark County is starting to remind me of California.  Clark County laws are NOT state laws, regardless of what their enforcers would like you to think.

Remember, in the rest of Nevada, we don't put down the serial numbers for a CCW carry list.  Only make, model and caliber.  Anything above and beyond that is a Clark County thang...
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Remember, in the rest of Nevada, we don't put down the serial numbers for a CCW carry list.  Only make, model and caliber.  Anything above and beyond that is a Clark County thang...

The actual permit issued by Metro doesn't list the SN of the weapon.  Just make/model/cal/date.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:58:20 PM EDT
[#18]
So wait a minute, is it just spouses that can put each other's guns on their cards or can anyone.  The reason I ask is because my brother and I live together and pretty much share our collections.  It would be cool to be able to carry everything he owns as well as everything I own.   (once we qualify with each other's, of course)
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So wait a minute, is it just spouses that can put each other's guns on their cards or can anyone.  The reason I ask is because my brother and I live together and pretty much share our collections.  It would be cool to be able to carry everything he owns as well as everything I own.   (once we qualify with each other's, of course)

Yo,

Guns4,

In the real world it should be the way you have described above... But in Clark County, under curent rule (unless I am missing something), only legally married spouses can co-register and co-list (share) firearms on the Nevada CCW permit.

I know it is a goofy rule, but that's the way it is. I see it as the gun registration issue in Clark County.

Hope this helps.

Be Safe.

Joe

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:20:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes, in Free Nevada. No, in Clark County. That appears to be the situation.
That blue card thing has really got me worried. As soon as the fruit loops from down south take control of the Legislature, I suspect we'll ALL have it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:45:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The actual permit issued by Metro doesn't list the SN of the weapon.  Just make/model/cal/date.

Understood.  What I was saying is that outside Clark County we don't even submit any information above or beyond make, model and caliber.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Understood.  What I was saying is that outside Clark County we don't even submit any information above or beyond make, model and caliber.

I am a Clark County approved CCW instructor and I am also approved in Nye County. Nye County's application does require a serial number on their application as well as Clark County's.

The NRS doesn't state a requirement for serial numbers.

Be Safe.

Joe

NRS 202.3657

6.  An application submitted pursuant to this section must be completed and signed under oath by the applicant. The applicant’s signature must be witnessed by an employee of the sheriff or notarized by a notary public. The application must include:

(a) The name, address, place and date of birth, social security number, occupation and employer of the applicant and any other names used by the applicant;

(b) A complete set of the applicant’s fingerprints taken by the sheriff or his agent;

(c) A front-view colored photograph of the applicant taken by the sheriff or his agent;

(d) If the applicant is a resident of this State, the driver’s license number or identification card number of the applicant issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles;

(e) If the applicant is not a resident of this State, the driver’s license number or identification card number of the applicant issued by another state or jurisdiction;

(f) The make, model and caliber of each firearm to which the application pertains;

(g) A nonrefundable fee in the amount necessary to obtain the report required pursuant to subsection 1 of NRS 202.366; and

(h) A nonrefundable fee set by the sheriff not to exceed $60.

(Added to NRS by 1995, 2721; A 1997, 1175; 2001, 612, 618, 2579; 2003, 8, 11)

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Nye County's application does require a serial number on their application as well as Clark County's.

Perhaps one could argue that both those counties are exceeding their authority in this matter, certainly based on the NRS section quoted.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Perhaps they could defend the serial number requirement by using this: (1) Successfully completed a course in firearm safety approved by a sheriff in this State

(NRS 202.3657)
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Nye County's application does require a serial number on their application as well as Clark County's.

Perhaps one could argue that both those counties are exceeding their authority in this matter, certainly based on the NRS section quoted.

They'd be exceeding their authority if the statute stated that the permit and/or application SHALL NOT include the serial number.

Remember that local governments can make things more restrictive if not specifically prohibited by NRS. As an example, pocket knives are not prohibited by blade length anywhere in the NRS, while most local ordinances have a three inch limit.

The other thing to consider is that this isn't even a ordinance in this case, but a policy decision by the Sheriff.

In order to get something like this resolved, you'd either have to have it fixed by the Legislature, or convince a District Court Judge that you have standing in order to have a hearing. Personally I think the former would have a better chance of success.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They'd be exceeding their authority if the statute stated that the permit and/or application SHALL NOT include the serial number.

Remember that local governments can make things more restrictive if not specifically prohibited by NRS. As an example, pocket knives are not prohibited by blade length anywhere in the NRS, while most local ordinances have a three inch limit.

The other thing to consider is that this isn't even a ordinance in this case, but a policy decision by the Sheriff.

In order to get something like this resolved, you'd either have to have it fixed by the Legislature, or convince a District Court Judge that you have standing in order to have a hearing. Personally I think the former would have a better chance of success.

Nevada is a "Preemptive" state, period. In the absence of a recognized, "Grandfathered" ordinance/municipal code, any perception of state law based on "silence" in state statute would be assumptive by an arresting officer and subject to appeal.

The question is: Do you want to be the "Test Case?"  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top