Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2004 4:13:03 PM EDT
Another thread was locked because of being an ad,  but I wanted to comment on Grizzly lowers.

I just built my very first (ever) lower with a Grizzly, an RRA kit and RRA NM trigger.  No problems what so ever.  The bear also looks kool.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 4:17:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:59:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Grizzly pistol-marked lower coming from Jon at Citadel. I'm really looking forward to it. Apparently these guys are in Utah and they machine 10,000 lowers a month for everyone from Colt to Bushie and then some. It's just recently that they've started making their own line. But I'm sure you already knew all that!

So there's a bear on it eh? That's too cool - the name of my company has the word "Bear" in it. Got a picture you could share? I'm really itching to get started on my project. It's gonna be an FN flat-top upper with a Wilson Heavy 16" no-ban barrel.  Either YHM or ARMS BUIS, Aimpoint and lessee, what else . . . standard front sight and a 6-pos M4 stock.

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]
i would love to see soem receivers with the american flag.  not a bear, or snake, but the flag.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
i have a grizzly lower, pistola, just registered it today

i love it

thanks cmmg
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

i love it

thanks cmmg

Did you build it into a pistol? Got pics?

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Dave,

Citadel has a Grizzly lower on display so you can check them out. I was there today.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I was there Monday ordering mine but I really didn't look around. Is it in that case in the middle of the floor?

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#8]

So there's a bear on it eh? That's too cool - the name of my company has the word "Bear" in it. Got a picture you could share? I'm really itching to get started on my project. It's gonna be an FN flat-top upper with a Wilson Heavy 16" no-ban barrel. Either YHM or ARMS BUIS, Aimpoint and lessee, what else . . . standard front sight and a 6-pos M4 stock.

These sell well.

MT
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#9]
LAR also makes Uppers, Carry Handles & Charging Handles...

Just don't ask for a 50CAL right now...they are backlogged....

MT
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks MT. Now I have something to stare at while I wait for mine.

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, there is a Grizzly in the showcase with all the M16/AR15 parts.

Do you already have a pistol kit for your lower? I am considering the pistol thing myself but am still not sure of which kit to purchase.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm building a carbine around this lower. I just got it pistol-marked so I always have that option.

The rules are that you can build a rifle around a pistol lower but you can't build a pistol around a rifle lower.

Absense of stock dictates short barrel to be a pistol. Add a stock and you need at least 16" of barrel. Stock + short barrel = "short-barrel rifle" = Class 3 (I believe).

So, a carbine around a "pistol" lower is cool.  Pistol around any other lower is not.

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:48:04 AM EDT
[#13]
i  ordered a LAR lower from john, I also ordered the pistol marked one,  can wait to finish a complete M4 with the toys, lug and flash hider, I know he has a A2 upper in stock, but he mostly ordered  A3 uppers to  build to suit.  My M4 now is a pre ban upper, but it shoots great ASA makes a swell upper, have 2,000 plus rounds, no prob.  thinking about going with a Oly arms Pistol AR kit??? any input?
hope to make it out to DBS,  is it this weekend??? 16 -17??  if so i  might be screwed, damn work!!
zack
Still looking for a used (meaning good shape)  Glock 19-21 Springfield Arms 1911 or the P9?
I need a tactical Pistol, if you have any suggestions shoot me an email
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:04:55 AM EDT
[#14]
He should have a DPMS Tri-Mount upper in there also, unless he already sold it. I originally had bought that one and was going to build around it, but I got such a good deal on a complete upper ass'y at the Crossroads show that I decided against it. Jon was kind enough to take back the DPMS upper in trade for the LAR lower. Great folks there at Citadel.

Dave in Henderson
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i love it

thanks cmmg

Did you build it into a pistol? Got pics?

Dave in Henderson

yes, 500 rds, not one hiccup

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Cool pistola!

Dave in Henderson
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top