Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2004 5:14:57 PM EDT
I really like being able to buy ammo at gunshow prices without having to pay the gunshow $14 entry fee (as well as $3 parking). I picked up a case of 7.63x39, 5.45x39 and 9mm today for a little plinking.

BTW, they have both the mill and lathe in the shop now to take care of all those post-ban barrels. I am taking my barrels in this week for sure. I was talking to the gunsmith and he explained that they have the tooling/dies to thread it just like factory.

Also, I was talking to Mike and I think he said that he will be able to sell guns in his store this week. Make sure if you guys visit his store and let him know that you are an ARFCOM member....maybe he will give you the good guy price . They are some really good guys.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
did they say what they wouldcharge for the threading and what condition does it have to be in to get it threaded.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Mike (the Smith) is a real good guy as well as the rest of the staff (Jon and Amber).Great prices and selection there.best gun shop in Vegas.

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:58:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BTW, they have both the mill and lathe in the shop now to take care of all those post-ban barrels. I am taking my barrels in this week for sure. I was talking to the gunsmith and he explained that they have the tooling/dies to thread it just like factory.

If you do have them work on your barrels, post back with your impressions of the quality of the work.

I'm looking at having my barrels worked on, and have already had a bad experience and don't want another.

Thanks! .... Chris
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you do have them work on your barrels, post back with your impressions of the quality of the work.

I'm looking at having my barrels worked on, and have already had a bad experience and don't want another.

Thanks! .... Chris

Mike pulled the brake off one of my Colt uppers and replaced it with a regular A2 birdcage.  The work was great.  I can send pics if you want.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Can you guys share what you paid for the barrel threading and flash hider installation? I'm also thinking about having the bayo lug added, which I guess would mean replacing the front site assembly.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't pay for mine, I got them to throw it in with a trade that I worked with them...
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
My son has been trying to find a gunsmith that would thread the barrel of his AR and so far nobody in OKC wants to touch it.  Some BS thing about it being a class III operation.  So there is now another barrel that is awaiting some more information.  He wanting to get a silencer for it.  Anybody have any information about which kind would do him the best?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks! .... Chris

Mike pulled the brake off one of my Colt uppers and replaced it with a regular A2 birdcage.  The work was great.  I can send pics if you want.

Pics would be great, thanks! .... Chris
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I am taking in several barrels and not just AR15 stuff so I don't have a price yet. I have 6 AK barrels that need work, AR180B, M17s and still some others.

After seeing the new mill and lathe they have in the shop it should be a nice clean job.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Can any postban AR be fitted with a flash hider?  I really can't see the front sights when I shoot at night.  Can I also fit a bayo lug?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Can any postban AR be fitted with a flash hider?  I really can't see the front sights when I shoot at night.  Can I also fit a bayo lug?

Think of it this way: there is no such thing as pre or post ban now.  You can have any configuration you like, exept those regulated by NFA, like barrels less than 16".

Go get yerself a bayonet!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 10:58:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think of it this way: there is no such thing as pre or post ban now.  You can have any configuration you like, exept those regulated by NFA, like barrels less than 16".

Go get yerself a bayonet!!

Ohh I've got plans now!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Here's the pics I promised earlier...  they're not the best resolution, but they should work.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#14]
For you guys that want to add the front sight w/bayo lug, It might be just as cheep to buy a new barrel. By the time you pay to have your barrel threaded or brake removed, buy a front sight and then pay to have it installed. (and you have to pay someone unless you have the jig required to align it correctly)

Just my .02

Tom
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:18:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Citadel has a front sight post that has the set screws that get staked. That's always another option.

thanks,
Ron
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top