Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 4:21:01 PM EDT
I made the mistake of getting my hopes and going to Claude Hall's gun show and man was it a bust. No lines to get in, more tables selling junk and not even the "good" dealers didn't show up for it.

I had about $1,200 to burn but not a decent price in the house hanks,Ron
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:23:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I only have 2 things I'm looking for, a preban front sight post for an AR and a crush washer. Any dealers there with them?

EDIT: oh and a decent stripped (but bent and drilled) ak receiver.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I did see some pre-ban front site posts but did not notice the prices. I did see the washers as well. Machine Gun Kelley was there and he and he had some AK stripped receivers for $99.

I hope that helps hanks,Ron
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Not bad, hopefully I'll be able to leave with some shit I want tomorrow. :D

I'm going to be selling a good condition 2nd Gen Glock19 with 2 10rnd mags for $400. I'd sell my two FML 15rnd'ers with it, but I can't see someone paying the $70 a piece I did around a year ago. Let me know if any of you are interested, I'm looking for a local deal first, and then I'm going to put it on the equipment exchange.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:36:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I already have a Glock 17 and only shoot that once in a great while. I don't really collect pistols. I like collecting guns in several variations but just not pistols. If you have anything else you might want to get rid of let me know.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:55:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad I didn't go out of my way to try to get there. Just wasn't in the mood to drive all the way out there, pay $12, and see the same old crap for more money than you can find even at regular retail. I don't even buy ammo there anymore. Citadel usually has as good or better prices on ammo anyway, and I don't have to hump it all up the hill.

-Caver
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#6]
You know the show is bad when the die hards don't show up.  I was out of town this weekend on family business and I am glad I missed it.   Mr. Claude needs to rework his shows.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:17:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I had to ask.  What the heck is the difference between a "pre-ban" front sight post (I assume you mean the sight itself, not the base) and a "post-ban" front sight post?  If you're looking for a FSB with a bayonet lug, now it makes sense.

Ron,
Just curious, but what make of AK receiver was Kelly selling?  Vulcan?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#8]
First off...the show was not $12. Mr. Claude Hall wouldn't do that to us because it was only half that size as the "other" show. Mr. Hall knows better than to do that, so he charged $14 this time. Makes perfect sense; use half the space, charge more, put more garbage dealers in there and they will come. That was my last Claude Hall gun show he
thanks,
Ron

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
First off...the show was not $12. Mr. Claude Hall wouldn't do that to us because it was only half that size as the "other" show. Mr. Hall knows better than to do that, so he charged $14 this time. Makes perfect sense; use half the space, charge more, put more garbage dealers in there and they will come. That was my last Claude Hall gun show

The AK receivers that MG Kelley has in stock are from Ohio Ordnance.

thanks,
Ron

Bought one while I was there. Charged me additional 15$ for transfer, but thats better then what alot of FFLs charge for shipped in transfers. Ended up out the door for $107. I should finish up my kit pretty nicely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top