Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2004 4:09:26 PM EDT
Hey fellas,

I'm kinda new the Vegas area and I was wondering what is the best route to take in getting an SBR?

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#1]
hmmmm, Well thanks for all the info....hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:18:57 AM EDT
[#2]
If you already have the weapon:    ATF FORM-1, CLEO SIGN OFF, $200 TAX, WHEN THE FORM 1 COMES BACK FROM ATF APPROVED, cut or change your barrel.

If you buy it at a store: ATF FORM-4, SIGN OFF, TAX, APPROVED , ATF 4473 , take it home.

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Larry,

I have read the FAQ's. I guess what I was looking for was personal experiences. How did some of the locals go through their process? What pitfalls did they go through, etc...?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 1:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
It all depends, some are smooth, others are total nightwares.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Just did 2 of them. More to come. Do your Form 1, get printed,signoff,and wait. Mine went through smooth.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:40:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't done a SBR, but my NFA stuff has been no problem at all.

HKJAY, those two transfers are still pending... since 6/22.     Guess the ATF doesn't like me anymore.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]
HK, did you have any issues with getting it signed off? Who signed it and where did you go to get it signed off?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
HK, did you have any issues with getting it signed off? Who signed it and where did you go to get it signed off?

Thanks

There is a form you pick up at the CCW/Fingerprint office off of cameron.  Fill it out, get your fingers printed, include the NFA forms that need signing, and you'll get them back in a week or so.  As long as you don't have anything criminal in your record, they get signed.  The gals at the CCW section have always been very helpful to me.  Hope they're the same for you.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks gunbert,

I guess I'll be heading over there Tuesday. I'm assuming that it would be the same process/place for a class 3.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks gunbert,

I guess I'll be heading over there Tuesday. I'm assuming that it would be the same process/place for a class 3.

Yup, exactly the same process, at least locally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top