Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2004 1:21:36 PM EDT
How long is the wait to get a Nevada CCW from the time the application is submitted?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
120 days.... Sometimes more sometimes less...
Do a search. We had a long tread about this not too long ago.

Anyways, 120 days is what the NRS say.

Best of luck.

LRdrvr
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If it's Washoe County and ya know a freind.....it goes through a little quicker BTW you can download the forms on there site 120 days Damn! but thats what the form says also.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
For Clark County 120 days, maybe 118 or 119.  Strange thing is that the issue date on my card is only a few days after the day I applied for it.  Of course it works out better for the state/county that way as it makes it is closer to my birthday on that half of the calendar than when I actually got it.

I personally have my suspicions that the Sheriff has instructed the CCW detail to wait as long as possible before sending cards out.  No other counties take nearly as long.  As for time for background checks, it's all done pretty much instantly with computers.   I've seen folks in other counties report getting them in a couple weeks.  

The argument the Sheriff's office has is that there is a large number of people applying.  Non-sense.  Clark County has more personnel to handle CCW than other agencies.  Besides, why would my issue date be a few days after my application date and I didn't get it until after 118 days?

Looks like it's time to elect a new Sheriff who doesn't pull this kind of crap.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Glenn,

A few years ago we had the same BS here in Washoe County. My CCW actually took more than 120 days....

However, some folks here on this board  recently posted that things are better now in Washoe County!?

Hope they're right....

LRdrvr
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:39:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Two weeks from form filled out to permit in my mailbox.  This was in Washoe county last December.  Being new here, I don't know anybody over there.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]
SouthernRaider,

that is excellent news!

Was about time too......

LRdrvr
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I started counting on June 28, 2004.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:36:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Different,

What County did you apply with?
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 11:15:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Different,

What County did you apply with?

Clark
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:46:47 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

As for time for background checks, it's all done pretty much instantly with computers.   I've seen folks in other counties report getting them in a couple weeks.  

i am familiar with a couple of apps that  the Metro CCW detail investigators actually called different courts to request certified copies of prior restraining orders. I was actually surprised that the investigators took that much time and effort to research applicants.

NOTE: the best way to get your app DENIED is to "lie" on the form. I would lump careless errors in that category as well, so fill out your paperwork carefully!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:06:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Just talked with 3 of my students this past week. All Clark County. First guy got his CCW in 143 days. Second guy 41 days and the third guy 104 days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top