Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2004 2:55:17 PM EDT
The Nevada Legislature convenes February 7th, 2005.

In order to get a head start on introducing bills, the legislators start introducing "Bill Draft Requests" starting in the early summer.

So far there are four BDR's that we might want to keep an eye on:

--35 Requested 11/03/2003
 Requested by Legislator
Prohibits weapons designed to elude security checkpoints.    

--301 Requested  8/10/2004
 Requested by Assemblyman Perkins
Clarifies the provisions governing carrying a concealed weapon.    

--315  Requested 8/19/2004
 Requested by Senator McGinness
Revises provisions governing the possession of certain firearms.    

--317  Requested  8/19/2004
 Requested by Assemblywoman Pierce
Makes changes to provisions governing permits to carry concealed firearm.

There's no description of the BDR other that what you see here.

I've sent a e-mail requesting to the three legislators that were bold enough to attach their name to the BDR.

I guess it's time to fire up my Nevada CCW Info site.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Info. We need to stay proactive or we may lose what's important to us all.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Got a reply from Senator McGinness concerning BDR #315:

"I was asked to introduce this measure to cover a 'collectible' short-barrelled .22 rifle that a constituent in Fallon bought in Boys' Life Magazine when he was a kid.  According to Nevada Revised Statutes, it is now illegal.  We are going to reference the ATF's list of curios and collectible because it is listed in there and we wouldn't have to try to re-invent the wheel.  The bill will have nothing to do with concealed weapons."

Looks like we can take that one off of our "watch list".
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the heads-up Jim. Last session I had the pleasure of dealing with Lynn Hettrick (R) Gardernerville.

www.leg.state.nv.us/72nd/Legislators/Assembly/Hettrick.cfm

Mr. Hettrick is a true Patriot who champions all gun rights, not just issues regarding CCW's. He's a great contact for the gun community in Nevada.

Be Safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top