Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2004 3:52:52 PM EDT
As some of you guys already know,I'm relocating to Las Vegas from the People's Republik of Massachusetts.I'm still here in Mass. packing everthing and getting ready for the move.My girlfriend (along with her cousin) are already in Vegas and looking for an apartment so we can just move all our stuff in.She found what appears to be a real nice one bedroom apartment on WEST TWAIN AVE,just west of the strip for $625.00 month.Is this area a safe area to live in?I think the complex is called Terracotta or something like that.Any input would be appreciated.Thanks Guys.

Semper Fi,

Bill
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Wolf,
In between Spring Mountain Rd. and Flamingo.She said about 10 minutes west of the strip.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
SGT, Twain kind of dead ends about 10-15 mins west of the Strip near the Desert Breeze Community Center.  There are many new and nice apartment buildings being built there.  West of Rainbow is mandatory IMO given what you have said previously.  Can she give you a cross street?

You mentioned in one of your posts that your girlfriend was transferring with Sears.  If she is going to work at the new Sears Grand on Flamingo then she will have about a 10 min commute.  If you have to hump to the LVMPD Academy every day, yours will be @30-40 mins minimum from this area.  The further west you can get along any of the streets you mentioned will put both of you much closer to work.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
There are some very nice apartments on Spring Mountain near Rainbow, thats in the same general area your looking at right now. I believe they're west of Rainbow. There is also a Sears at Meadows Mall if she's going to work there she'll be fight some traffic back and forth.

I recently move here myself and I'm north vegas. I love it here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Also have her check out hte apts on charleston west of buffalo.  also spring mountaina and flamingo west of buffalo.  Not sure how much they are but they are.  Also check the apts at flamingo and rainbow, and trop at rainbow.  I don't remember the names but they all look fairy nice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wolf,
In between Spring Mountain Rd. and Flamingo.She said about 10 minutes west of the strip.

Along Twain, if your North-South line (road) is Valley View and you're going west of that towards Decatur, it's in general a rough area.  The apartment complex itself might be okay, but it's a bad area.

Off the top of my head, continuing west of Valley View along Twain, you'll run into Arville, also a North-South road.  BAD area from there, all the way up to Decatur, the next major North-South road.

I live just across Decatur, going west, from the area that you're talking about, about 1.5 to 2 miles away.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As some of you guys already know,I'm relocating to Las Vegas from the People's Republik of Massachusetts.I'm still here in Mass. packing everthing and getting ready for the move.My girlfriend (along with her cousin) are already in Vegas and looking for an apartment so we can just move all our stuff in.She found what appears to be a real nice one bedroom apartment on WEST TWAIN AVE,just west of the strip for $625.00 month.Is this area a safe area to live in?I think the complex is called Terracotta or something like that.Any input would be appreciated.Thanks Guys.

Semper Fi,

Bill

Bill .... I went down the street and took pictures of this apartment complex, if you want me to e-mail them to you.  I use Hunt101 for picture hosting, but their upload feature is down or I'd post the pics here.  

FYI, the Terra Cotta Villa is at the corner of Twain and Wynn.  This intersection has apartment complexes at each corner.  

Right across the street from Terra Cotta is Spring Oak I & II, a gated community that has good upkeep, from what I could see from the outside of the perimeter gating.  Terra Cotta and the other two complexes are not gated (*I* personally would go for a gated complex, in this area.)

Go west from this intersection one block and you'll be at the intersection of Arville and Twain (rough area), then another block going west and the next road is a "T", Stober (even rougher area).  
NOTE:  The area assessments are my opinions ONLY, since I don't live there.

The south edge of Twain, going west from Arville to Decatur, is a large trailer park, which was there at least from when I lived around here, from 1978 to 1983.  Despite being a trailer park, it looks to be decently managed.

One thing's for sure, there is NO lack of apartment complexes in this area of Vegas.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#9]
The Buffalo Highlands apts are pretty nice 825.00 per for two bdrm, with two car attached
garage. I checked the area between there and cimarron. There all about the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top