Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2004 10:04:37 PM EDT
If you don't know about Citadel Guns and Safe, click here.

Just a heads up for all you guys who want to get your postbans converted back to the way they were meant to be after Sept 14th.  John has some new collapsable stocks (colt over run he said) that are very nice, and even have the pinned adjustment nut.  I think he was asking $75, which is great for this level of quality.

He also had vortex and phantom flash hiders, along with the standard A2's, though I didn't ask for pricing on them.  He even mentioned that he was getting some duckbill's in for those of you who want to build an original A1 style AR.  And I asked the smith there what they would charge to knock off a compensator and thread the barrel, he said roughly $100.  He also mentioned that the threading would be good enough to mount a suppressor and not have to worry about alignment, along the lines of Class 2 level of machining, for those of you into that sort of thing.

And for those of you who are going whole hog into your builds, he also just got in some Knights stuff, like a RAS II,  and I believe the regular carbine RIS.  Now there is finally a place where you can go compare the difference between the RAS, RIS and the ARMS SIR systems.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#1]
He also mentioned that his gunsmith can put a bayonet lug on your AR15, if you want to go completely wild. :)

-Caver
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 2:13:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I went there today....Nice people, very friendly unlike the other shops in town. Lots of gun parts and lots of completes.

I got a collapsable stock with buffer and spring for under $100, not bad. It's one of those places that could do alot of damage to my bank account (just like Home Depot). I was tempted to get a bushy lower for $180 but then I would've had to find a new hidding spot for it. My wife is hip to all of my old spots.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 11:14:08 PM EDT
[#3]
WHAT?  No fighting...

Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought my Phantom there yesterday. Nice place, helpful staff, and a good selection mean I'll be back. Its usually pretty hard to get any kind of service, being that I'm young (20). Awesome place, definetely getying any business I can bring to them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:54:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Bought my Phantom there yesterday. Nice place, helpful staff, and a good selection mean I'll be back. Its usually pretty hard to get any kind of service, being that I'm young (20). Awesome place, definetely getying any business I can bring to them.

I feel you on that SO-COM, you and I are probably the only two under 25 NV member here. Citadel by far has the best service and price.  They also had some auctions up too.  

Look up csafepro at gunbroker and ebay  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 10:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I feel you on that SO-COM, you and I are probably the only two under 25 NV member here. Citadel by far has the best service and price.  They also had some auctions up too.  

Hey!  Now I know who you are!  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Yep... looking forward to a collapsible stock on my baby...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey!  Now I know who you are!  

It was nice meeting you all out there.  That was a nice collection you got there Gunbert!
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you still have to go to the other side of town to pick your gun after you pay for it? I bought a Century Arms AR-15 lower and that was just a little bit of a pain.

Thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I've been here in Vegas less than a week, and the place is awesome.It's like Walmart for gun owners.I talked to the gunsmith for about a half hour.Real nice guy and very knowledgeable.I'll definitely be making some purchases there in the near future.

Semper Fi,
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do you still have to go to the other side of town to pick your gun after you pay for it? I bought a Century Arms AR-15 lower and that was just a little bit of a pain.

Thanks,
Ron

Yeah, but they're working on that.  It shouldn't be too much longer and you'll be able to get them directly.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thanks,
Ron

Yeah, it is a pain. And believe me, they ain't getting the service from CCS for free, either. Considering how reasonable their prices are, I think that speaks volumes for Jon and Amber.

The city is absolutely killing them on the licensing issues. They have had their FFL forever, but the city keeps finding minor crap every time they submit, including stuff they said was fine previously. At one point, they even suggested they might have the start the process over from scratch! But they are hopeful that it will be fixed soon.

We have another (small) gunshop and range that just opened down the street from me, and the city pulled the same bullshit on them, too. Took them months to get the proper licensing, and let me tell you, when the ATF is faster you KNOW you have problems! ;-)

-Caver
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
The city is absolutely killing them on the licensing issues. They have had their FFL forever, but the city keeps finding minor crap every time they submit, including stuff they said was fine previously. At one point, they even suggested they might have the start the process over from scratch! But they are hopeful that it will be fixed soon.

Something doesn't jive here.  First, their shop is not in the City of Las Vegas, it's county.  Jon told me over a month ago that their FFL went through.  The county can keep them from selling in general but they can't keep them from just selling firearms.  They are obviously open for business otherwise so now I am wondering whats up.  If they do have their FFL, they can sell guns.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#15]
As Rick stated, they are not in the City of Las Vegas, they are in Clark County.  And if they are selling, then they must have a good Clark County Business License or the County would close them down.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Jon told me he has 4 of 8 licenses. He said he can't sell guns but has to have CCS do the transfer for him

I know of at least 3 guys here in the valley that are doing transfers from either their house or from soneone else's commercial address.  If Jon had his FFL, he could be doing transfers at least even if he didn't sell the gun.  It's clear he does not have his FFL yet.

8 licenses???  I deal with several small businesses here in town (including my own).  For non-alcohol or gambling, you only need a business license and sometimes an occupancy certificate from the fire dept, thats it.

I can understand it he is having some kind of problem getting the FFL through but I can't see how the problem would be with the county.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
As I understand it, you need both the FFL and the county permit in order to sell firearms.  Again the Country government is not friendly to ffls, and they have exorbant requirements.  Especially in the insurance.  Juat look at how may pawn shops in clark county sell guns.  As far as know there is only one.  I would not doubt that there is not only prejudice against ffls but to get around this prejudice you have to "green" someone on the local level.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#20]
My patient that has the FFL told me that it's only hard to get the permit for pistol sales. He uses a friend's insurance office to hang his license and has no problem with LE, county or ATF? In fact, he is a Class III dealer as well.  He keeps call me a cheap bastard because I won't spend $10,000 - $25,000 for some full-autos.

Regardless, my friends sells guns out of an insurance office and has no problems?

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:06:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi Guys, Its Jon at Citadel Gun & Safe. I wanted to first thank all of you for your support. We appreciate it more than you know. I appologize for not posting sooner. I wanted to clear up the confusion on our liscencing. We do have our FFL and have had it since April 1 st. We also have a Clark County Business liscence and all permits to operate a standard business. The liscencing we are waiting on is our regulated business liscence. We had to meet with the City planning commission twice for zoning and will have to meet with them again shortly. I don't want to bore you all with all the details but I do want to say that we are doing everything we possibly can to get all of our liscencing ASAP. We have jumped through every hoop they have put in front of us. We will get everything it will just take a little more time. When we do get all our permits we will not have to pay $30 transfer fee per gun anymore. Trust me, Know one wants this done more than we do. You will know when I get everything as I will start advertising more and do more volume. If anyone has any questions just let me know. I will start posting and letting you guys know upcoming events and sales. We are in this business for the long term. We appreciate your business and we will give you the best service we can. I want this store to be the best in town for service and pricing and with your continued support it wil be. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Glad to hear it Jon. I am the kind of person that wants to walk in and buy a gun without waiting. My patient ( a FFL dealer) always offers to purchase them for me but I just hate getting the money order, taking it him and then going to an insurance office to do the paperwork. He charges me $10 for the transfer (said that he has to charge something otherwise he is not a business in the eyes of ATF) but it's the pain in the ASS that keeps me from ordering more. In fact, I paid $129 for that AR-15 receiver that I bought from you because I was able to walk in, give you money the money for it.

Also, your prices on ammo are just as good as any gun show dealer so I would rather support a local business than some monthly gun show nomads hope

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:13:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Great to see you posting, Jon!  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#24]
AHA!!! He lives!!!!  

hope that isnt the last post you ever make jon!!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:08:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi Jon,
Long time no talk to you, seems like your store is doing good.
I guess my prayers for you and Amber worked.
Give me a call the next time you need me to fix stuff in the middle of the
night or the last sec again'
Dennis
A.A Gunsmithing
IN CASE YOU FORGOT
1929 Western Ave
Las Vegas Nv.
702-471-7441
aa gunsmithing.com
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Hey guys, Jon at Citadel gun and safe. We were notified today that we are on the Oct. 5 th docket for all of our liscensing! We can then sell over the counter and will be able to do transfers for firearms. We are also going to have a grand opening as soon as it goes through. I will keep everyone posted but it looking good for the 5 th. Thanks for your support.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:21:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#28]
I will do them but as a courtesey I would like to see if I can get you what you want. It is frustrating to take in a gun that someone paid too much for or ordered the wrong gun. There will definitely be deals out there that you can not pass up. Those I don't blame you for. If you ever have a question as far as prices go I will be happy to let you know if it is a good deal or not. I look forward to working with you. Thanks guys. Jon at Citadel Gun & Safe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:19:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Mrs. Different and I visited Citadel Gun & Safe today.  We picked up a few goodies.  Mrs. Different was in desperate need of a pistol magazine holder so we got her a Blackhawk coyote tan dual pistol magazine holder.  It works on a belt or MOLLE webbing.  Jon has some M14 magazines and mil-spec LEGAL to own desert digital camo coming in next week.  If you are in the market for a gun safe, CGS is the place.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#31]
IM hoping we can get jon to send his FFL to carrico armory, so we can get some mega lowers.  For 89 bucks, plus transfer.  Hell citadel could just buy them from carrico, and have us pruchase them from him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#32]
I will order some lowers in anticipation for liscense day. Oct. 5th. Is Mega the brand of choice? Let me know what you want. Thanks. Jon at Citadel Gun & Safe.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top