Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2003 6:19:31 PM EDT
Just got back from off loading at the show, ITS THE WHOLE BUILDING, AND IT LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

But best of all, RK has signs out all over town, This is why Claude's shows are dying and the RK shows are growing. RK doesnt fuck the dealers Like Claude does.

See you there!!!!!!!!    
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#1]

With an assesment like that, I just might show up!!!! (Where's your table?)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:31:56 PM EDT
[#2]
looking for a upper and a lower to make a good ar-15 any advice on that subject, price i should expect to pay, brands, better then others...?
cheap is good, but quality is in the eye of the beholder.
thanks guys
zack
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Ya that show did look pretty good.. Prices from most dealers seemed pretty good on stuff, and there were two large ammo dealers instead only of the one near the door. :] Also picked up a stock wrench and a 1 point sling w/ a quick detach and a new work knife ('carson M16-00K').. Nothing big, but I'm happy. :)

OH, and it looks like whoever arranged the tables put most of the junk (those helicopters and the fish) in the far ass corner of the building.. HAHA
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 3:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at the show both days.

Today I went back to get some ammo and magazines.  When I went to park there were about what seemed to be at least 1,000 Mexicans out in the parking lot all bbqing and eating food.  This is at the gun show by the way.  (they rented the hall next door)

There was no where to park.  I finally found a spot and there were 5 Mexicans sitting and milling around in the parking space.  I sat there in my car waiting for them to move and they started to shake their heads at me that no they weren't going to move.  I proceeded to pull my car into the space and they all scattered yelling at me.  My brother and I got out of my car and they started saying stuff in Spanish at us.  I went and got security.  They told the guys that there is no loitering in the parking spaces and they checked one guys i.d.  They assured me my car would be fine,  they would keep an eye on it.

What a pain in the ass.  LOL,  just though I'd share.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 10:53:26 PM EDT
[#6]
That show was a whole lot better than the Claude Hall shows.  More vendors with better selection, especially with the black rifle stuff.

I ended up with, lets see;

1000 rounds of wolf .223 - $89 (tough to beat!)
300 rounds of xm193 - $48 (too bad I got there late, this was all the guy had left and it was a smoking deal)
Vortex flash suppressor - $20
Hydrostorm water bladder for my Blackhawk Vest - $20
Drop leg holster for my 1911 and another for subgun mags - $44
Case for my FAL - $23

I also saw some great deals on magazines there... for those who don't think the ban is going away, anyway.  $15 for NIW SA80 steel mags, $18 for NIW Labelles, and $15 for all other mags that were slightly used but otherwise in really great shape. A lot of them looked almost unused.

Overall, I was very impressed with the vendors prices, as well as the quality of what you were getting for it.  I hope this becomes a more regular show.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:04:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
looking for a upper and a lower to make a good ar-15 any advice on that subject, price i should expect to pay, brands, better then others...?
cheap is good, but quality is in the eye of the beholder.
thanks guys
zack

If you are looking for inexpensive, you can build your own.  It's easier than it sounds.  Stripped lowers can be had for around $100- $150, depending on brand.  Oly then sells a 'PCR-4' kit, which has every thing else you need to put the thing together; 20" barrel on an A2 upper, stock, bolt and carrier, trigger parts, all your springs, buffer, everything.  The kit sells for $424  

You can put one together for about $550, no sweat.  This compared to run-of-the-mill Bushmaster, Colt or Armalite rifles which start at around, but usually much farther above, $750. And you end up with a damn good rifle, that you know how to tear apart and clean/fix/inspect.

IM me if you want more specific info on this stuff.

Oh, and welcome to the board, and the Nevada Forum!

Edited to add: I did some more looking and I found J&T kits in every configuration you might want, for about the same money.  Carbines, targets, fluted barrels, whatever!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Wow Gunbert - some pretty good prices! I wish I could have gone!

Do you have to work every weekend?  You've still never gone shooting with us!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Do you have to work every weekend?  You've still never gone shooting with us!

He went but didn't shoot. We need to get a daytime shoot at DS and get the hot dogs and hamburgers cookin on the grill again.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 8:35:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:17:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Did somebody mention guns and grillin'???!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Oh yeah - bring back my DVDs that you "borrowed" two months ago, you bastage!

Hmmmm.... did you finish Unintended Consequences yet?  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:17:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh yeah - bring back my DVDs that you "borrowed" two months ago, you bastage! hr

Hmmmm.... did you finish Unintended Consequences yet?  hr

Ha! You handed it to me - I never asked for it!

Oh - by the way Debo ate it. hr

I would suggest you have Debo barf it up, restore it and read it - well worth the effort!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top