Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2003 11:57:31 AM EDT
There's a Crossroads of the West gun show in St. George, Utah, this weekend, and I'm wondering if it's worth the trip.  It's noticeably closer to LV than Reno or Phoenix, but I have no idea whether this show is any better than the local Crapman Field show put on by Claude Hall.  I've been happy with CotW shows in CA in the past, but I have no idea if that translates to shows elsewhere.

If it makes any difference, we'd be looking at pistols and pistol accessories rather than AR stuff.  I've got a new Kahr PM9 that I need to feed, and my friend is looking for a cheap Glock 19 with night sights.  I'm not sure we'd save any money, but there's also the factor of just getting out of town for a day.  

So, can anyone share some insight into the CotW show in St. George?  

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:22:00 PM EDT
[#1]
My Girlfriend and I went to one, It was small but we enjoyed the drive, and the show. I think it was only about 6 bux to get in. All in all its was a good show. Bigfoot
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 12:29:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
My Girlfriend and I went to one, It was small but we enjoyed the drive, and the show. I think it was only about 6 bux to get in. All in all its was a good show. Bigfoot

Gunbert and I went a few months ago and I'd agree with what Bigfoot14 said. It's a nice drive and a small show, better than Claude Hall's though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My Girlfriend and I went to one.......

You had better hope that Mrs. Bigfoot doesn't start reading the boards.  She will kick you ass!!

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Wolfpack, you think it was better than the Claude Hall show?  I thought they were about the same... both small, with a lot of beef jerky.  I guess I'm just spoiled after going to the shows in Phoenix.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually Tom's house is the best gunshow. I just hate the Claude Hall show so much I'd say anything is better than it. The St. George show is a good way to blow a half day IMHO. Then again I drive out to Primm every couple months to have a slice of bad pizza in the "outlet mall" there. I like to drive.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
What are the "laws" regarding buying a gun in Utah if you live here in Nevada?

Is there a waiting period?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What are the "laws" regarding buying a gun in Utah if you live here in Nevada?

Is there a waiting period?

You cannot buy any handguns. They do a backround check for long guns but it is legal to buy them.

Edit, no backround check if it is private party on long guns.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 7:24:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Dont even waste your gas! I went out to that show in March and I could have had a bigger show in my living room. There wasnt shit to look at and the room was full of inbreds. The only thing that halfway salvaged the day was looking around in St. George and Mesquite. Other than that the whole day was a bust.
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 11:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, we decided to go despite the lackluster reviews here.  Didn't really have anything else to do today anyway, so why not?  

FWIW, I haven't been to the Claude Hall show in a couple years, but IMHO this show in St. George was still better.  Lots of guns for sale ,but the prices pretty much sucked.  Miwall was the only big ammo dealer there, but at least their prices are pretty good.  Only saw one beef jerky vendor, and only one square foot of beanie babies on a single table.  (Of course my friend bought a tiny cocker spaniel beanie baby for her sister.)  LOTS of cheap worthless knives and swords, a couple book vendors, but quite a bit of accessories.  Also a fairly large number of rifles, some black, but mostly non-black.

So was it worth it?  Only in the sense that we had nothing better to do with our day.  Not really worth it if you're looking to save money on anything.  By the time you add in gas/time, you can't really save much.  But it was a nice diversion.
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#10]
For as much as people bitch about the Claude Hall shows, I like going to them.  Like DanT said, if I don't have anything going on that day I enjoy looking around the show, and occaisonally you will stumble onto a decent deal.  I just like to look...
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Phoenix is the place for a real gunshow, I'm going of course. Ryan, we need to talk Tom into getting a heater for his pool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top