Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2003 5:24:09 PM EDT
I'm looking for some good links to local laws in regards to handgun ownership and possession.. I'm thinking about getting my first one, and from the looks of it (federal and state) I can buy from a private party and possess it (and ammunition), and its perfectly legal. I don't plan on carrying it and for the most part it will be locked up when I'm not going to DBS or a range.. But I need clarification on exactly what is legal in the city of las vegas, north las vegas, and possibly clark county on this issue.. Also, is registration manditory on handguns? And is there restrictions on this?

I'm 19 and already legally own a few mong guns (for those who I haven't met at DBS). I stay out of trouble, and am now bitten by pistols thanx to chiz45. Any info you guys got would be great..

Thanks in advance! :)
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, looks like I'm finding an answer I like (I can possess one).. :] I'll keep reading on what I can find, but so far I've found all the age and other disqualifing criteria within clark county's laws. Thanks Mike! :D
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#3]
ordlink.com/codes/clarknv/index.htm

Click on Title 12 then click 12.04
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#4]
12.04.050 ( ordlink.com/codes/clarknv/_DATA/TITLE12/Chapter_12_04_FIREARMS_AND_AIR_GUN/12_04_050___Persons_prohibited.html )
This looks like one of the laws saying I can recieve one from a private party transfer or through 'gift'.

12.04.170 ( ordlink.com/codes/clarknv/_DATA/TITLE12/Chapter_12_04_FIREARMS_AND_AIR_GUN/12_04_170___Unlawful_to_permit.html )
And this looks like the final clinch for disqualifing someone based on age, to own a pistol.

Now is there any age limit set by metro to register a pistol?
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:56:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking good law wise.. Now if only I could afford to buy one, heh.. Car needs work now, I'm sick of not having a working radio in my car. I'm getting the stupid 'soft rock' shiat I hear at work all day stuck in my head, and don't have a radio (wont even play cd's :[ ) to clense my ears with.

Heh thanks wolfpack and mike! Maybe in a couple months I'll have a pistol to 'play with' at DBS, since it's pretty much established its legal for me to private party buy and posess one. :]
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Just make sure you blue card it once you get it so even if you get stopped for any reason your totally legal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top