Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2003 4:50:40 PM EDT
A couple months ago I wrote a letter to Congresswoman Shelley Berkley, my congressional representative, encouraging her to let the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban expire.  Here is her response to me.

Mr. XXX X XXXXXXX
XXXX XXXX XXXXXXX XXX XXXX
Las Vegas, Nevada 891XX-XXXX

Dear XXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding the ban on semi-automatic assault weapons.  I appreciate your comments and welcome the opportunity to respond.

I fully support the Second Amendment to the Constitution which gives Nevadans the right to keep and bear arms.  I also want you to know that I oppose subjecting law abiding citizens who carry guns to excessive and needless regulation.  I support the enforcement of pre-existing federal and state firearm safety laws.

I support taking guns out of the hands of criminals, thereby keeping our streets and neighborhoods safe from violent criminal acts.  I also support keeping guns out of the hands of our children and preventing many of the senseless accidents we see all too often.  I cannot stress enough how important it is to provide for the safety of our neighbors, families and communities.

As Congress reviews the ban on semi-automatic assault weapons, I will keep your views firmly in mind.

Once again, thank you for sharing your concerns with me.  If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact my office or visit my website at www.house.gov/berkley.

Sincerely,

SHELLEY BERKLEY
Member of Congress
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Now that's double speak of the democratic kind.  The republicans speak with the same tone.  Lots of words all meaning the same thing.  They are anti-constitution, Anti-Bill of rights.

Sooner or later it will come to a head and it will get messy.

Edited to add:  Thanks Different for letting us know that.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
longun45, I agree. You can pretty much get what answer you are looking for out of that letter.  The good news is that her staff knows it is a hot button issue.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:53:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I waited on her two days ago at my workplace.  Like a good liberal, she was buying Al Franken's latest flath rag.  

When it came time for her to sign her credit slip, I handed her my pen which is none other than a .50 BMG dummy round with a ballpoint in the tip.  She must not have realized what it was but I almost broke out laughing see her hold it.  

Ah, where's a camera when you need one?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Shelly lived DIRECTLY across the street from me from 1994 to 1996 and I always cleaned the guns in the garage with the doors open so she could see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top