Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2003 10:35:27 AM EDT
September's DBS will be on Saturday, the 20th with set up at noon.  By the sound of all the guys from out of town making plans to attend, this one might just go on into Sunday.

Thoughts/Ideas:
Anyone interested in adding some Shotgun fun to this shoot?  I have 2 unopened boxes of clay targets that I will donate if someone will bring a launcher.

Anyone else have any ideas/scenerios for giving us an excuse to air out some of those guns hiding in the back of our safes??

Link Posted: 8/26/2003 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Shotgun would be cool, I always bring mine but never really get to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
If somebody decides to get one of the $30 or so traps from WallyWorld,  you may need to break/grind/file off the lip on the bottom or the arm as it hits the spring.  It's not too bad for the price and doesn't throw them too far or fast.  Just right if you are rusty on the scatter gun.  I got one a short while back cause after one trip I couldn't get the kids to throw birds no more, and that was the first time in about 15 years I had the 870 out on a family shoot.  I was rusty and it threw them just about right for me.  Except fer the ones it threw through the hole in the middle of the shot pattern.  My choke must make doughnut patterns, only way to explain the misses.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I should be able to get there a little later. If anyone is interested, I've got a dueling tree that we could use for some man-on-man pistol competitions.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 6:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Mrs. Different and I will be there.  I was able to make a rate of fire reducer for my select fire M1A (M14).  The cost was $1.38.  It slows the rate of fire down to 500 rpm or less.  It's more controllable now.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 8:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]
hey Jim, you're ON! (this is Kalani, btw).
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 12:31:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
hey Jim, you're ON! (this is Kalani, btw).

Another guy from Hawaii? What island are you from, Kalani?

I'm from Oahu.
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey Mike,

From Aiea Heights (near the Mc Donalds), Aiea here. Moved to San Diego in '86 and Vegas in '99.

Cheers, Rod(Badnews_III)
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 9:49:03 PM EDT
[#8]
well i will have atleast to new people with me this time..  but im running low on SKS ammo.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Mike & Rod, only lived there for a short while, but used to visit often. Pearl City. was just there a few weeks ago!
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I lived there for about three years, but I don't think that qualifies as being FROM Hawaii.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Bigedmond-

If you contact Caver451 on www.assaultweb.com re:sept. DBS, there is a group buy for ammo for regular participants forming. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#12]
This month  we'll have more camo net up,we're staying the night again, and of course we'll be wearing our DCU's and LBE's, WHO-RAW!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:45:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Did I hear camo nets?  
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Yea 7.62MAN we set up the nets when we stay all day and the night,

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Got a new car and was planning on hitting one of these. Some bonehead backed into me after having it 16 days. It's out of commission until his insurance fesses up.
Maybe next month? I hope to make it one of these days. A bit fancy but I can adapt.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#16]
MDS, we hope you can make it this month or in October.  Please e-mail us with the details of the mishap.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
MDS, we hope you can make it this month or in October.  Please e-mail us with the details of the mishap.  

Thanks. It's not looking good for this month. The car hasn't moved since the incident. I'll try to give you a call soon.
The weekend of the 12 October is looking good
for me ( if the car is running). I'll be going to Arizona for my Mother's BD then.
Stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Wooo, got in on this one a little late.  I'll be there early for once... I got the day off.

Jim, bring the deuling tree, I got a new 1911 that I want to run.  Just don't show me up too bad, mmmmkay?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:16:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I lived there for about three years, but I don't think that qualifies as being FROM Hawaii.

Ronnie, are you going to make it?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#20]
MDS, PM sent!
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't think I can make it this time. I am getting Lasik (Eye Surgery) on the 18th. I really want to go this time since it would be a lot cooler and I can get my friend in LV to go also. I really had a good time last time and will make the October one.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#22]
OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH..........I gotta feelin' this is gonna be a good one!

Everyone......tell your friends.  Lets see LOTS of new faces.

Anyone else camping?  Looks like we have around 10 so far.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ronnie, are you going to make it?

So far it looks good.  I'm definitely going to try and get out there earlier this time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Adam got in yesterday his DESERT CAMMO NETS, OH GOD!!! They're nice. So now there will be 2 net set ups.

Link Posted: 9/13/2003 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Adam got in yesterday his DESERT CAMMO NETS, OH GOD!!! They're nice. So now there will be 2 net set ups.

I should be out there early enough to help you guys set up...  My little brother is flying in from Cali just for this, the last DBS got him hooked!
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 4:08:10 AM EDT
[#26]
I finally got a chance to shoot at the VMBAR yesterday at Desert Sportsman.  I recruited 2 more guys for DBS.  

This is going to be good!

Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#27]
any idea on when the october DBS is gonna be.  The 2 guys i was gonna try and bring had to opt out due to work.  They have inventory this week, and cant get off saturday
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Got directions?  I'll be sneaking across the border that day and then driving back home in the afternoon.  I'd like to come check it out briefly.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#29]
My earlier directions were a bit wrong concerning the freeway exit.  I ASSumed the exit dumped out at the same point as the southbound side of the I-15, but it doesn't.  I've edited the post below to correct my mistake.

Assuming you're taking I-15 north from SoCal, you'll exit at the "Sloan" exit, #25, and turn right (doubling back south) about 50 ft.  Then you turn left onto the first gravel road on the left.  Follow that back about 2.0-2.5 miles, keeping right whenever there's a fork in the trail.  You'll see some areas along the right where others have stopped to shoot, but none of those are the place.  When you go past a mountain/hill/ridge and start to double back east, there's one last semi-fork but you won't want to take that one to the right.  It's not much of a fork, and looks more like a dry riverbed to me, and anything less than a 4WD probably wouldn't make it anyway.  So just pretend it's not there and keep going straight, and in another few yards you'll see the destination on your right.  It's a giant wide open area and there should be lots of vehicles and people there, unless you're very early.

On your way back out, you can keep to the right again at the forks, and those routes seem to be just a little bit smoother than the ones you took coming in.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Doesn't look like I'll be going to make this one, BUT I've got it on the books for next month....
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:32:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is a status report on the ammo buy this month.  I have to remind everyone that I am NOT running point on this buy.  Caver from the assaultweb is working hard at making this happen.  I would like to give a big public thanks to Caver!  

Here is his update as of today............

I have some good news on the ammo order, and some of the stress I've been experiencing on the matter has started to vanish. We will have just enough PMP .223 to cover all current orders. I will send out a note to everyone who has placed orders confirming this tonight.

There has also been a price reduction on the Russian .40s&w to $95/1000 and we should be getting some .308 and a few other calibers, too. Tracers for various calibers, including 9mm, 7.62x39 and .308 will be available, but pricing and quantity is unknown as of yet.

PMP .223 $128/1000 ** SOLD OUT **
Guatemalan .223 $115/1000
Russian 9mm (steel) $95/1000
Russain 7.62x39 (steel) $75/1000
PMP .45acp $150/1000
Russian .40s&w (steel) $95/1000
Venezuelan .308 (surplus) $28/200 rnd battle pack
Russian 5.45x39 (steel) $90/1000

I would like to stress that I tested a 360 round battle pack of the Guatemalan .223 and I think this stuff is a real bargain. It was physically clean, and functioned one magazine after another flawlessly in my Colt M-16. Most likely I'm going to pick up two 1440 round wooden crates of the stuff for my own personal use. I think it is a great alternative to the PMP, especially if you know your weapon prefers 5.56 instead of the ever-so-slightly different .223.

The ammo guy will be showing up around noon on Saturday. Still not sure about credit cards, so bring cash or your checkbook. Please, exact change if at all possible.

Thanks for your patience, everyone, and look forward to seeing you all at the shoot!

Would also like to mention that we should have a good quantity of ammo from all calibers (except the PMP .223) available even if you didn't reserve any. First come first served, of course!

-Caver
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:54:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Okay, it's 90% chance I am going to make it and I'll have a friend to boot!

Alright, here is the location of the DBS:
[The Pit]
N35 54 10.1 W115 10 23.6

And about this area is the entrence on to the road:
N35 56 08.8 W115 11 04.0
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:06:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Okay, it's 90% chance I am going to make it and I'll have a friend to boot!

Looking forward to meeting you.  Have a safe trip and let us know if you need any help.

It looks like we will have to carve out a "California" section on the line for all of you coming over!

Just a travel note:  If any of you are coming out on Friday, try to hit the 15 as early as possible as the traffic can get pretty hairy.  It usually moves well but there are a lot of people coming to Vegas for the weekend who, shall we say, have some INTERESTING ideas on how to drive a highway with semis.  Just a heads up.

See you all Saturday!

Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Just a travel note: If any of you are coming out on Friday, try to hit the 15 as early as possible as the traffic can get pretty hairy. It usually moves well but there are a lot of people coming to Vegas for the weekend who, shall we say, have some INTERESTING ideas on how to drive a highway with semis. Just a heads up.

See you all Saturday!

That's why I get up early on Saturday and drive out, it's only 3 or 4 hours from San Diego. But I have driven out on Friday and it is crazy.

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:51:27 AM EDT
[#36]
A friend will be bringing a M1 Carbine on Saturday that he wants to sell.  I have not seen it personally but it is described as a Universal probably 60's production in nice condition.  It has a synthetic folder stock that was installed in late 80'sish.  Comes with 3 30round and 1 15round mag.  He would like to get around $350 for it.  This would be a good gun to do a para-folder clone given it's preban status.

Here are some pics he emailed me.

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 7:31:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Damn! I need another M1 Carbine - but not the drive

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Hi everyone, I have been a "long time lurker" on this board and I decided it was time to sign up. Especially since everyone is having a group shoot tomorrow.

I am thinking about swinging out to see all the fun tomorrow.

Just a question, is the pit east or west of the 15? Based on the map it looks like it's east but based on someones earlier description it sounded like it was west of the 15??

I always go out to Sloan and shoot east of the 15, there is a big pit with tons of junk laying around, is that it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 9:40:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Welcome lvgunner!

Glad you are coming out to join us tomorrow.  Make sure you introduce youself, you will have a great time.

Yes, the "Pit" is east of the 15.  It is around the other side of the hills.  The areas with all the junk are leading into the pit.   We try to keep the area as clean as possible and pack out all trash/targets etc.  The junk areas are usually contractors and the like that dump their crap.

Just keep veering right at each fork and eventually you will see the crowd.

See you tomorrow!

Link Posted: 9/19/2003 10:05:19 PM EDT
[#40]
If you see a burgandy Chevy truck with a shell on it wandering around the desert, wave it down, it's me!  Just coming out to meet you guys.

Sydwaiz
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Oops, sorry guys.  I probably shouldn't write directions at 3AM. :)  I've edited my earlier post with the correct directions if coming from the south, but it's probably too late to affect anyone coming from SoCal.  Guess I should have checked in sooner.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow!  We returned home from the shoot a couple hours ago.  We had a fantastic time!  Mrs. Different got some trigger time on a MAG-58.  She loved it!  Thanks LARRYG36!  

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:15:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Hey Caver, just wanted to say thanks for the "ammo buy" work, I missed the shoot due to work but my wife was able to pick the "bling" up for me, (8,000 rounds of .223.....SHWING!!!!). C-YA next time, "G"    
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:10:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Awesome setup you guys got going over there!  I was really impressed.  I wish I could've stayed instead of just looking around for a few minutes.  BUT, I'm never coming out again!  My truck broke down in Victorville and I had to have it towed to my shop.  $500, and that's with Autoclub!  So it may be awhile before I can make it back out.  This is going to eat into my ammo fund a bit! F--K!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
This is going to eat into my ammo fund a bit! F--K!!

i like to help brothers out. Got an extra Glock 19 laying around that you want to sell? ;)
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:30:20 PM EDT
[#46]
^-- I second that! I'm in the market for a decent condition G19 as well now... :D (GJ Kalanie)

I had a great time again guys! I'm looking forward to next month.. :]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#47]
God only knows when I will have the time to edit the video footage from Saturday BUT.......

Perro from the CETME board has honored us with his own production of the shoot!  Very nicely done.....lets give a big thanks to Mike (Perro).

Windows media file 7.5MB
www.cetmerifles.com/videos/dbsfuel.wmv

Mike does not frequent this board so if any of you would like to email him, his address is

[email protected]

His website is:

www.cetmerifles.com

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Badass video!!!!  I even got on there a little with the MAG58.  I knew I should've linked up more than 60 rounds!
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:59:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like a missed a good one, how was the turnout?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Looks like a missed a good one, how was the turnout?

I'd guess there were at least 50 people out there, probably more if you count all the people who came and went during the day.  

Yes, you missed a good one.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top