Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2003 8:16:07 PM EDT
Figured 12 days was a long enough lead time to reserve tables at the Claude Hall Vegas show for Labor Day weekend.

BZZZT! WRONG!

They have NO tables left and 100 plus vendors on a standby list.

What a PITA...

I guess the person who told me that the Claude Hall shows were "dying" was FULL OF shit!!!!

If anyone can help, has a spare table, I'd sure appreciate it.

D.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:35:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I shouldn't direct my ire at anyone but myself for not calling sooner.

D.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It's sold out because he is down to renting only a 1/3 of the hall now and has no room.  Besides, the quality of a show is determined by what there is to buy, not the # of "vendors".  I am sorry to say, the last 3 shows have been severly lacking in everything except overpriced crap.  Seems like there is NO shortage of that.

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't make the trip from AZ to sell here, the shows here are the worst. No one is private selling and the vendors blow. They should put Mr. Hall in a dunk tank and sell tickets, then I would go.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 3:47:15 AM EDT
[#4]

Personally, I can count on ONE hand the vendors'
booths I would stop at. YOU are not missin' nothin', Gadsen. Though I would LOVE an influx of new blood there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Like I said, it's my fault for not calling sooner.

Julie and I are going to go anyway. I need the break from the shop.

We'll be carrying around the new SST 870 stock adaptors and will have a complete shotgun to demo.

I would've liked to "raise the bar" a bit for you guys.

I guess I'll have to call the RK guys today, and make sure I get a couple tables so I can bring up the AZEX and CAVARMS products to show off.

D.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes,
His show is dying here in Vegas, He started at the last one putting less tables in the building, "TOO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE A SOLD OUT SHOW"

RK is kicking his ass here, way better show.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 12:04:28 PM EDT
[#7]
with 100 plus vendors on standby, I wouldn't call it "dying". I'd call it "woefully mismanaged".

D.
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 10:22:30 PM EDT
[#8]
How many of those vendors that made it are selling jerkey and books? =)
Link Posted: 8/20/2003 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
You forgot Beanie Babies and fake ass road side indian "artifacts". Or what about the annoying bitch who wants to clean your glasses? Or the guy with all the homoerotic leather retraints and collars? I like the guy's stand who sells all those gimpy nylon shoulder holsters. The airsoft table is good too. The guy who sells the 1/6th scale Dragon figures are cool. Yeah I'll spend my money going to see all that bullshit. Where are the deals? There arent any. That show at Crapman Field sucks ass. However, I'll go if anyone here wants to pay my admission.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top