Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2003 7:09:45 AM EDT
I guess I have always felt that in order to "earn" the right to bitch about vendors that don't do a good job or don't appreciate their customers, you should also tell people about the positive experiences too.  I just had such an experience.

A few months ago I bought a steel rifle target at one of the Cashman shows from a local guy that builds them in his garage.  It was an 8" spring loaded plate target.  I have really shot the hell out of this thing and it has taken 100's of hits from everything up to .308.  The last time I took it out after a day of shooting, I saw that the welds holding the plate to the hinge had broken and one of the rebar legs had been knocked off due to the shock of the hits and not due to a direct hit itself.  I am not criticizing the quality of the build in any way considering the abuse that such a target takes with that many hits with full sized ammunition.  I am actually surprised it lasted as long as it did.
Well, just on the oft chance, I called the guy and told him what had happened and he said to bring it by and he would take care of it.  Well, I dropped it off and he immediately re-welded the plate and installed a NEW rebar leg AND repainted the whole unit.  Best of all, he did not charge me a dime!  Needless to say, I am very pleased and wanted to let you guys know about him.  His name is Kurt and his phone # is 702-258-7597.  He designs and builds some real interesting targets and if anyone is interested I hope you will flow some business his way.

Anyone else have some "good" personal experiences (not just good "deals") with local vendors?  We really should get the word out if you do.

Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Rick,

Glad to hear you had a good experience.  You are right, we should share our positive experiences with local vendors/dealers/sellers so we can flow our buisness through them.  

What are the pricing for his targets?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What are the pricing for his targets?

I have no idea what his prices are in general but the one I bought had a tag of $85 and he haggled with me for $10-20 less if I remember right.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top