Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2003 6:44:26 PM EDT
Here's my letter to Sheriff Young, feel free to write him as well.

[email protected]

Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department
400 Stewart Avenue
Las Vegas NV, 89101-2984

Dear Sir:

In case you are unaware of the problem, your new Fingerprint Office is in complete disarray. My wife and I had the extreme bad luck to have missed the cutoff for the old office when submitting our CCW applications and had to go to this new office. We were there last Thursday. I have gone through this process before and know what it entails. I expected to be in and out in a half an hour. That's about how long it took me last time when I did it downtown. This time it took every bit of four and a half hours. That is absolutely unacceptable. We had already turned in the bulk of our paperwork to Metro and only needed to be printed and photographed. Not only did we have to deal with the wait but with the surly attitudes of some of your employees. I was ordered to sit down while standing patiently after four hours of waiting with my wife after being printed and waiting for the next step, photographs. I then had the opportunity to speak with one of the supervisors about my needing to stand since I had been there all day and my back was killing me. I asked  the reason why it was taking over 4 hours for a 20 minute process and her only explanation repeated over and over was she was doing the best she could. Well sir, if that was the best she could do, you better start looking for new management for that office. You are on the verge of having a riot on your hands down there and the couple of rent a cops you have standing around won't be able to stop it. Some of the folks down there getting Sheriff's cards aren't as patient as my wife and I were. I don't know what your stand is on the CCW issue is, but if your intent is to make it as painful as possible for law abiding citizens to take advantage of that right you are doing a very good job. If that is not the case, then please do us all a favor and make the necessary changes and make that office serve the public like it is being funded to do. I supported you in the last election but if this is an example of how your administration is being run, that won't be the case in 2006.

Sincerely,

David Frohman

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Great letter Dave.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top