Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 4:17:47 PM EDT
Hello Everyone,
Well, it’s that time again!  The Bi-Monthly group ammo buy.  We purchased over 38,000 rounds on the last buy and the consensus seems to be that  every other month would be a good interval.
In April’s buy, I actually picked up the order in AZ but this month we will have it shipped.  We will pay for freight of course but we will not be liable for Nevada sales tax so it will be a wash.  Freight should run “ABOUT” $6-8 per 1000 rounds.  This will depend on the weight of the total order. The bigger the order, the less the freight.  Let’s shoot for 50,000 rounds this month!  I know we can do it considering we did nearly 40,000 on the first buy.
Again, I will front the cash for the purchase but we will have to tighten up the order dates and delivery/pickup dates a little.  I will accept orders by email until close of business on Thursday, June 19th.  I will then process the order with J&G on the 20th and overnight the funds to them.  The goal is to have the order available to pick up at the DBS Shoot on the 28th.  I will make one or two more opportunities for delivery for those who can’t make the DBS.  One perhaps at Desert Sportsman in the evening of July 1st.  Other arrangements can be made on a case by case basis like the last one.   My goal will be to have all ammo delivered and money collected by July 5th or 6th.
As for the prices, J&G has promised tier 2 dealer pricing on this next order with some tier 3 prices on some calibers and brands.  My goal is to have some of these prices posted here this Wednesday.  In the mean time, check out their website at www.jgsales.com or in their ad in Shotgun News to see what they are selling these days start getting your order planned.  One of the goals for doing a group buy is to encourage more of you to come out and shoot with us so even if you haven’t attended any of these shoots please send me an email to me and tell me what you want.  Last month we had a couple of guys participate whom I had never met personally but did know someone I knew.  As long as the ammo is not something real exotic there should not be a problem.
I will get the ball rolling with 4,000 rounds for myself and I will update the thread header with a running total as orders come in.  The email address to send orders is [email protected].  Email me here as well with any related questions you might have and I hope we get a good load coming from Arizona!

P.S. For those who are looking for some blasting/plinking .223 ammo, I recommend trying some of the new Wolf.  They have done away with that red sealer crap and I have already put nearly 2000 rounds of it through my AR’s without a hiccup.  I had tried the old stuff before and could not get more than a couple of mags through without having to take a brush to the chamber.  It also looks like they have South African .223 in stock again.  It does not look like surplus but their advertised price is $149/1000.
Also, I plan to order this  as a will call pick up at the UPS depot at MLK and Bonanza.  If anyone has a truck and is willing to help, I will probably need a second set of wheels for pickup and delivery out to Sloan on Saturday.  Let me know if you are willing to help, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 2:58:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok we got some pricing info here:

First off, if we reach the 50,000 round goal, the shipping costs will be "about" $6.50 per 1000 rounds.  This could be slightly lower if I can negotiate a better price for a depot pick up but not higher.

Here are some prices for the more popular calibers (if we reach 50,000 rounds):

223 Wolf 55 or 62gr FMJ $90/1000
Wolf 762x39 FMJ or HP $70/1000
Wolf 9mm 115gr FMJ $80/1000
South African 223 FMJ $139.50/1000
308 Indian $119/1000
S&B 9mm 115gr FMJ $102.80/1000
S&B 45ACP 230gr FMJ $166/1000

If there is a special caliber or brand you are interested in just email me and I will see what I can do.
(note:please include your discussion board name when sending emails.  Its the only way sometimes I can tell who I am talking to.  Thanks)

Link Posted: 6/15/2003 10:47:26 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 10:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
RICK,

Put me down for the following:

4 cases of WOLF 223 (4000rds)
3 cases of WOLF 9mm (3000rds)
1 case INDIAN 308   (1000rds)
1 case of C & B 9mm (1000rds)
1 case SOUTH AFRICAN(1000rds)

thanks

larry

Link Posted: 6/18/2003 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok, Rick  I'm in for 1000 rounds of the wolf 9mm and 1000 of the SA .223.

Thanks for doing this again.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 9:56:50 AM EDT
[#5]
RICH,

Please add to my ammo order the folling:

2 more cases of WOLF 223 and 9mm , 2000/2000

2 more cases of INDIAN 308, 2000

1 more case of SOUTH AFRICAN 223  ,  1000

SO THE TOTAL ORDER IS:

6K  WOLF 223
5K  WOLF 9
3K  INDIAN 308
2K  SOUTH AFRICAN
1K  S&B 9MM

THANKS, RICH
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Larry, have you seen the Indian .308?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:06:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi Guys,
Ok, Thanks to Larry, we are standing at 34,000 rounds.  My plan is to close out ordering tonight and process tomorrow morning with J&G.

It does not look like we are going to hit the 50,000 round mark on this buy.  The pricing mentioned above are for that quantity.  This is what I am going to do, Tomorrow morning I will send the order to J&G and get the best price I can for this quantity.  I will email all those who have ordered with the price.  At this time, if you do not want to order you can let me know and cancel your order.  The pricing on ammo is rather fluid and can change for the better quickly.  I will do my best sales job on them.  Look for the emails by mid day tomorrow and let me know.

Thanks to all who have participated.......there is still lots of time today if you want to get in!

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

We got about 7,000 rounds of it on the last buy..........I have shot close to 1000 rounds of it out of my CETME.  Goes BANG everytime!

It looks like shit because it is de-linked MG ammo.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I did.  
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Rick, was any of the Indian .308 ammo you got crushed?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:06:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Not that we know of but Larry and I still have a few cans we have not opened yet.  I guess the problem was not crushed rounds but bullets pushed into the casings.  J&G was hand sorting through it all until they realized that it affected less than 1% and they lowered the price to us by almost 10% to buy unsorted.  I said SURE!

I found a link on another board a month or so ago where the guy really did a full comparison test on it with some other brands new and surp.  It's not match ammo by any stretch but it did pretty good as I remember.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I opened up one can just to see what the stuf looks like, "looks ok to me" I've definitley seen and shot worse.

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:57:06 PM EDT
[#13]
im not buying any yet, since im still waiting on my check to buy my AR-15.  I have a tahoe, and am willing to help carry ammo.  Just would like to meet some people to shoot with.  I have a new SKS that i have had for about 5 year, never shot, and my dad just built a FN-FAL, which he wants to shoot.

Email me if you neet my truck

[email protected]

Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:02:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Email me if you neet my truck

Bigedmond Welcome!
Thanks for the offer I will definately keep it in mind and maybe take you up on it.
Hope to see you at future shoots!  Speaking of buying an AR, check your email.......

Link Posted: 6/21/2003 8:24:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Order update:
The person that I deal with at J&G was out on Friday so I did was not able to close the order.  I will close it out on Monday and email all of you.  Thanks to a couple of late additions, looks like we should come REAL close to 50k.  Thanks to everyone

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:50:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Does anyone know who Brian Miller is???

He sent me an email with a good sized order but no brands and has not responded to my email since Friday.  We really could use his order to put us close.  Anyone? Anyone?

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Bad news and Good news guys......

I closed out the ammo order today and the final count was almost 38,000 rounds.  I think 50,000 was an attainable goal but due to time limits, some guys not returning my emails and some stock outs we just did not make it.

Thats the bad news...the good news is J&G went ahead and priced our order using the 50K prices!  These are really some great folks down there and I hope everyone will try to support them if you can.  They deserve it.  I am adding things up as I speak and will try to have totals emailed to all participants by the morning.  Let me know if you don't get one.

Now I need your help.  Bigfoot has already offered to help pick up from UPS but I think we might need an extra truck or two.  This would only be for guys coming out to DBS the next day.  What I would like to do is meet up at the UPS depot Friday Afternoon and pick up the ammo.  If I picked it all up myself, I would have no room to take anything else out to Sloan on Saturday.  Besides, I will only have one of my Toyota trucks available to me.  I am thinking of meeting up between 2-4pm on Friday:

UPS Depot Address is:
740 N. Martin Luther King Blvd

If anyone else would like to help, just give me an email.  Thanks again guys!

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#18]
I SPENT ALL DAY, NO SHIT !!!! ALL FU*KING DAY, LINKING THAT INDIAN 308 SHIT. 4 cans of 640 each, i got around 2550 linked now. Out of the 4 cans i didnt use like 7 or 8 rds do to damage around the neck area on the brass, And for you guys that know me, the rd need to be realy fu*ked for me not to use it, lol

BELT GUNS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/26/2003 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#19]
since you are picking it up tomorrow, what time???  I have class at 6pm, and have to leave my house at 5 to be there on time.  So if its before then, i can be there no problem.  I am also going to DBS for sure.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
since you are picking it up tomorrow, what time???  I have class at 6pm, and have to leave my house at 5 to be there on time.  So if its before then, i can be there no problem.  I am also going to DBS for sure.  

We will just meet up out at sloan on Saturday.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I SPENT ALL DAY, NO SHIT !!!! ALL FU*KING DAY, LINKING THAT INDIAN 308 SHIT. 4 cans of 640 each, i got around 2550 linked now. Out of the 4 cans i didnt use like 7 or 8 rds do to damage around the neck area on the brass, And for you guys that know me, the rd need to be realy fu*ked for me not to use it, lol

BELT GUNS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Just wanted to make a final entry here in this latest group ammo buy..........

Thanks to all of you for making this buy so smooth.  I will be making a delivery today for the final order.  With the exception of a couple of stock outs, things could not have been better.

I am already thinking of things that can make future buys even easier and cheaper.  One thing I have done is gotten quotes from my freight forwarder that should save us up to $100 on the shipping of a similar sized order and make it easier to handle.  This would allow J&G (or anyone else we choose) to ship the order on one pallet and just have it dropped at my warehouse.  While it was a whole lotta fun going down to UPS to will call this order, I would rather they just bring it to my loading dock.

We should also give a special thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Bigfoot, vegasSMG and 50BMG for taking the time to help pick up the order at UPS.  Thanks guys!

If anyone else has any ideas or thoughts lets hear them.  

Thanks again everyone!

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#23]
If you need some help transporting in the future, I've got an F-350 long bed that is good for 2500 lbs in the bed and 13,000 lbs of trailer.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Rick, when is the next buy?

Reddobie
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Not until middle of august.  I will post an announcement.

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:17:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Rick go ahead and put me down for 1 case of Indian .308 (1000 rounds). Do I pay you before you order and pick it up later, or how does this work? (newbie)
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:17:04 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Rick go ahead and put me down for 1 case of Indian .308 (1000 rounds). Do I pay you before you order and pick it up later, or how does this work? (newbie)

Guys!  Please do not place orders now.  If everyone starts marking down orders now my head will explode.  It is very difficult to keep such a buy straight even with 2 weeks notice and I don't want to screw anyone up by forgetting an order.

The next buy will be posted and everyone will get a chance to order.  J&G runs specials (both public and just for us) all the time and I like to give them a heads up so they can check stock and see what they can do for us.

SO-COM:  Larry and I have some extra .308 Indian that we will arrange to get to you at the good price.  Give me an IM mail and let me know how to get in touch with you.  Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Rick, I'm gonna lock this to avoid any confusion, feel free to start a new thread when you ready to do another ammo buy. Bob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top