Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2003 1:59:04 AM EDT
Here is another follow up to my mini letter campaign to Nevada reps and sentaors:

[Start Letter]

Mr. Txxxxx,

Thank you for contacting me to express your opposition to reauthorizing the federal ban on semi-automatic weapons.  I appreciate hearing from you.

As you know, Congress banned the transfer, possession, or manufacture of semiautomatic assault weapons and high capacity ammuntion feeding devices for ten years.  The ban will expire on September 13, 2003 (really? ed.).  Legislation has not yet been introduced in Congress to reauthorize the ban.  I will keep your views in mind if such legislation comes before the Senate.

As a gun owner, I believe that law abiding citizens have a constitutional right to keep and bear arms and that gun control should not be our nation's course of action to prevent violent crimes.  Instead, we must vigorously enforce existing gun laws ot deter criminal activity to protect Americans and so that the rights of resposnsible gun owners will not be compromised by a few criminals.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.  For more information about my work for Nevada, my role in the United States Senate Leadership, or to subsribe to regular e-mail updates on the issues that interest you, please visit my Web site at http://reid.senate.gov.  I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

My best wishes to you.

Sincerely,

Harry Reid
United States Senator
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Everytime I see the views of the AWB expressed in writing by Democrats they always say what they wanted the AWB to do: "Ban semiautomatic weapons".

We all know thats not what the AWB did. There's plenty of post-bans to testify to that.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
For a democrat I really like him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top