Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 2:11:12 PM EDT
Gunbert and I talked about going to the book signing of Wayne LaPierre at Border's at Lake Mead and Rainbow in the Best of the West Center on May 28th. I want to get the new book of his and while he's signing my book try and tell him how important the AWB not coming back to me is. Who's in for an open carry Border's party on the 28th?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:45:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:47:49 AM EDT
[#2]
What time?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Who's in for an open carry Border's party on the 28th?

Bold statement Wolf, count me in too.  But........I am sure that he travels with security,  I seriously doubt we would get in the door open carrying.  I would hate to create an embarrasing moment for him, or us.

One of my two best friends in the world had dinner at Lapierre's table last night at a fundraiser in VA.  I just sent him an email and asked him to check the situation out with his contacts at the NRA.  I am sure if they know of us there will be no problem.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
F*CK THAT TRAITOROUS MOTHER F*CKER, I WOULDNT USE THE PAGES IN HIS BOOK TO WIPE MY DOGS A*S WITH. HE'S THE MAIN REASION WE LOST SO MUCH GROUND,, AND CALIF. IN THE NINETIES.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:50:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
F*CK THAT TRAITOROUS MOTHER F*CKER, I WOULDNT USE THE PAGES IN HIS BOOK TO WIPE MY DOGS A*S WITH. HE'S THE MAIN REASION WE LOST SO MUCH GROUND,, AND CALIF. IN THE NINETIES.

Tell us how you really feel.

Got Larry down as a no I think!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 3:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Got Larry down as a no I think!

I think that would be a safe bet.......Maybe you should count your fingers Wolf.  10? Good.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:23:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I admire the whole notion of open carry at La Pierres book signing, but dont you think that would just reinforce the whole gun toting militia black helicopter conspiracy nut stereotype? Especially in Borders which stinks of pinko left wing commie faggotness? Weve been given the option of CCW why not use it? If not I guess you should put on your best cammies even though you never served, your John Deer hat and drive your old beat to shit truck thats covered with, Insured by Smith and Wesson and "I love my country, but I fear my government" bumper stickers, and those bullet hole stickers too. I guess what Im trying to say is, I think it would be a better option to go looking respectable with a concealed weapon. Disregard the above statements if my description does not apply to you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 6:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Relax Francis, it was just an idea. What about open carry makes us rednecks?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#9]

Especially in Borders which stinks of pinko left wing commie faggotness

My thoughts exactly. You might make the Birkenstok clad, hairy armpitted, mocha drinking, rugmunchers a little uncomfortable.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Im not saying if you open carry, you're a red neck, what Im saying is that one should consider perception. Im sure it would go over real big if you go to a Borders and all the coffee sippers, and the sheeple shoppers freak out when you have your shootin irons all strapped on. Far be it from me to stop you but with the way people look at guns and gun owners these days, Im not sure its a good idea. Personally I dont like open carry. I have to open carry everyday at work and I get tired of the stares, uneasiness, and the nervousness that come from the public from carrying a gun on duty. But if someone else wants to go and wear in the open, go right ahead. Just be ready for the Metro boys to come running when a nervous store clerk calls it in that theres a bunch of guys with guns in her store. She may not be as astute as you and I are about the laws. She just sees a gun. So go have at it, its just easier in my opinion to wear a light jacket or a shirt over your gun. Noone is ever the wiser when you go that route.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Defensor- Did you miss your nap or something?  Sissy.  

He has a point though.  I would rather go to a function like that well-dressed, clean cut and carring concealed to baffle the ignorant public and completly throw the stereotype of what they believe a gun owner looks like, out the door.  

We are the enlightend few gentlemen.  If we saw someone walking in a store or down the street carrying a gun, we would just be curious as to what he is carrying not go into a panic and dial 911 like others would.  I love being able to carry openly, but I am selective about where I do it.  I prefer concealed for a few reasons. To see the look on the face of some dirtbag who thought he had an easy victim. At work I have to worry about assholes grabbing my gun so I don't like having to worry about that when I am off-duty.  I also don't give a shit if my gun prints underneath a t-shirt.  Most people won't notice due to the fact that they walk around with their heads up their asses anyway.  That's why they don't carry guns in the first place.  They are ignorant about their surroundings.

Wolfpack- DefensorFortis didn't mean any disrespect.  He just meant to say the samething I did.  Sometimes we take frustrations out on people we don't mean to because we deal with dumbasses all fucking day.  He is good people and one of very few that I trust to have my back in any situation.  We've served together in the middle east and I was glad he was there.
We hope to get together with you guys on a shoot when time permits.

Sorry about the rant, carry-on.  Be carefull and watch your asses.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:31:59 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in.  Carry open if you want to, concealed if you don't.  In any case, be there to get your $.02 to sombody that can help effect change and get rid of that Piece-O-Shit AWB.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:09:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, I'm doing my best to see if I can make it.  

I'd be curious to know what his security would think of us open carrying.  

As an aside, open carry is the ONLY option for us under-21-type persons.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:16:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Anybody still going?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 1:24:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Dammit!  Of course he'd be here AFTER I go back home.  Anyone wanna pick up a copy of the book, and get it signed for me?  I'd love to have a copy, and I'd be MORE than willing to pay for time/trouble.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:27:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dammit!  Of course he'd be here AFTER I go back home.  Anyone wanna pick up a copy of the book, and get it signed for me?  I'd love to have a copy, and I'd be MORE than willing to pay for time/trouble.

-Gloftoe

I'll get ya one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Good deal, Wolfpack.  Thanks a ton!  IM me or email me with payment info
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#18]
When you guys go to see that traderous asshole, tell he "THANKS" for making us all look like shit heads on CNN the other night!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
When you guys go to see that traderous asshole, tell he "THANKS" for making us all look like shit heads on CCN the other night!!!

I'm inviting him to your place for tea and crumpets after his signing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Heheh, lots of opinions in here! ;)

Wolf, are you going open or concealed? I just want to know because I'm not going to be the only one there open-carrying.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Concealed, like Rick said we don't want an embarrassing situation for him, see I listen to reason every once in a while.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#22]
What time will he be there?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#23]
This still on??

What time?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Ryan and I were there from 6-7. We also saw Chris.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:06:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I would post my pics but I don't have webspace...yet.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I would post my pics but I don't have webspace...yet.

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Will do.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:16:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I'd avoid LarryG36 at the next DBS if I were you.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#29]
I don't regret meeting the man. I always go out and meet whatever dignitaries I can when they're in town. I'll add the experience to the time I met Bob Dole, Adrian Kronauer, G. Gordon Liddy, Dick Cheney, Jon Porter, Buzz Aldrin, etc.

I also had the chance to meet a bunch of great pro-gun people.  It was nice to be able to sit back and sip my coffee realizing that at that moment, there were more pro-gun people at a Borders than there were beatniks.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It was nice to be able to sit back and sip my coffee realizing that at that moment, there were more pro-gun people at a Borders than there were beatniks.

Beatniks??  

Watching a little too much Gidget on TV Land are we??

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top