Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/1/2003 9:24:37 PM EDT
Hi Guys,
Anyone interested in doing a little night shooting this month?  Full moon this month is on the 15th.  I was thinking of doing DSRPC but 'ol Frank and Pete might get a little testy if we start shooting off tracers and blowing propane tanks so I guess Sloan it is.
Anyone? Anyone?

Here is the phase info:

Thursday
       15 May 2003           Pacific Daylight Time          

SUN
       Begin civil twilight       5:06 a.m.                
       Sunrise                    5:35 a.m.                
       Sun transit               12:37 p.m.                
       Sunset                     7:40 p.m.                
       End civil twilight         8:08 p.m.                

MOON
       Moonrise                   6:15 p.m. on preceding day
       Moon transit              11:50 p.m. on preceding day
       Moonset                    5:15 a.m.                
       Moonrise                   7:32 p.m.                
       Moonset                    5:56 a.m. on following day

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 8:41:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Um, let me think....YES!!

Count me in, I believe a night shoot is in order.

What shall I bring?

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in.  But we're all gonna have to work on Bob and convince him it's going to be done in a safe manner.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I think personal safety has been followed at night shoots but the equipment's safety is another story altogether.

I am a where the propane pyrotechnics are concerned but I trust Richard's judgment about it being safe out at Sloan. I just don't want to lose my eyebrows out there.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:33:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I think personal safety has been followed at night shoots but the equipment's safety is another story altogether.

I am a where the propane pyrotechnics are concerned but I trust Richard's judgment about it being safe out at Sloan. I just don't want to lose my eyebrows out there.

Well, unless your eyebrows are going to grow 250 yards long in the next 2 weeks....you should be ok

I have several relatives in the movie business as well as several customers who do movie cars, I have picked up lots of tips over the years on making things go boom........I have never gotten up the nads enough to try them.  

There is one that includes gasoline and hefty bags..................hmmmmmmmmmmm.  

Just kidding Bob

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#5]
If you guys need the generator for it let me know and you can come by and pick it up. I think I'll be missing this one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I spoke with two other guys who were interested in going.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:02:25 PM EDT
[#7]
GENERATORS??? FOR WHAT???? THATS WHAT YOUR NIGHT VISION GEAR IS FOR!!!

SLOAN NIGHT SHOOTS:

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]
I take it that we will have a digital camera/camcorder at this one? mwuahhahaha!  I may come, I hear Mosins have BIG muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Being that Matrix 2 opens on May 15, I might be showing up wearing full NEO gear.  You know, black sunglasses, trenchcoat, and maybe a couple of bent spoons.

Would anyone mind?  
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:12:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:29:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking more along the lines of.....

Hey Chris, you have a real HK, you can dress any way you like

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#12]
[Apu]Oh, I have been zinged and I am loving it![/Apu]

Who all is really going to this night shoot?

Has anyone heard from Richard? I'm beginning to think he fell down a well or something.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:32:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, Richard, aren't you coordinating this? Where are you? Don't you want your $75.00???? LOL!
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Has anyone heard from Richard? I'm beginning to think he fell down a well or something.

I have been busily seeking out the best deals on propane, road flares and tanker size loads of gasoline.

Setup around 6:30, see y'all next Thursday at the pit!

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:46:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn it you guys I don't get off work until 2200hrs!  How late do you stay out there?  And where is this Sloan area that I keep reading about?

Hey Larry was that your M60?  I think your barrel has been "a little warm."  Yeah I almost melted one once.  Could see the bullets going down the barrel.  Lots of fun.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Shall I bring some of those little Coleman lantern refills that they sell at Costco?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Shall I bring some of those little Coleman lantern refills that they sell at Costco?

DevilsAdvocate shot one of those this weekend in Rachel. We were unimpressed, didn't do much of anything....the Tannerite was way better.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
the Tannerite was way better.

So Wolfpack........do I detect a little "ghetto blasting" that went on in Rachel this weekend??    

Edit to fix MY grammer mistake.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
the Tannerite was way better.

So Wolfpack........do I detect a little "ghetto blasting" that went on in Rachel this weekend??    

Yup, but I was busy talking to the guys from the Mothership that landed a few hundred yards away. Aliens are pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:01:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yup, but I was busy talking to the guys from the Mothership that landed a few hundred yards away. Aliens are pretty cool.

I hear a bunch of them have been hanging around for months now waiting for thier form 4's to clear ATF.  Fun bunch I hear.

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Dumbass Me failed to read my lunar phase chart completely.  For your shooting pleasure, We have added a TOTAL lunar eclipse to the program.  The moon will rise this night in total eclipse and will then move out of eclipse after sunset.  Should be a great show!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:13:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Dumbass Me failed to read my lunar phase chart completely.  For your shooting pleasure, We have added a TOTAL lunar eclipse to the program.  The moon will rise this night in total eclipse and will then move out of eclipse after sunset.  Should be a great show!!!!!

Remind me if I ever get a boat not to let you navigate.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Remind me if I ever get a boat not to let you navigate.

Not to worry Wolf, I am great at sending up distress flares

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 11:01:56 PM EDT
[#24]
... Did some night shooting a couple weeks ago using AN-PV7B, was cool!

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#25]
So is it on then?  I need to know so I can get myself in order.

Roll call of those who are going to be in attendance, please.  .45calmike, are you going to be there?

Larry, you gotta bring the 18, I'm bringing my boss out there and he's all hopped up about shooting it.  I'll have plenty of ammo with me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Unfortunatley Larry will not be able to make it,  Seems that he has some visiting clients out that day and will be gone before we get there..........or maybe he can be talked into staying.........Larry?

So far I am aware of you Gunbert, ratspawn said he would make it, 45calmike, 762mm +friends? and caver from the assweb board.  I have finally talked the moderator of the CETME board (he lives here in vegas) into comimg out and shooting with us.  We will have at least 4 .308 weapons out along with at least 3 M44 mosins!  Not to mention propane, a little petrol, road flares and light sticks.  I am sure I am forgetting some people who have said they would come and I am sure there will be some that just show up.  It will be a blast, see y'all there.  Set up at 6:30ish.

ALL ARE WELCOME!!! TELL A FRIEND.

Link Posted: 5/13/2003 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Roll call of those who are going to be in attendance, please.  .45calmike, are you going to be there?

Not to be a killjoy, but how long are you guys planning to stay out?  If there is anything I love more than shooting and computers is a good nights sleep...HAHA!  I may be able to come in later since the bossman will be off on Friday...hmmm...If I do come, Gunbert, I would need a ride, again....
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 11:17:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Unfortunatley Larry will not be able to make it,  Seems that he has some visiting clients out that day and will be gone before we get there..........or maybe he can be talked into staying.........Larry?

So far I am aware of you Gunbert, ratspawn said he would make it, 45calmike, 762mm +friends? and caver from the assweb board.  I have finally talked the moderator of the CETME board (he lives here in vegas) into comimg out and shooting with us.  We will have at least 4 .308 weapons out along with at least 3 M44 mosins!  Not to mention propane, a little petrol, road flares and light sticks.  I am sure I am forgetting some people who have said they would come and I am sure there will be some that just show up.  It will be a blast, see y'all there.  Set up at 6:30ish.

ALL ARE WELCOME!!! TELL A FRIEND.

Who's going to bring the video/digital camera for the awesome explosions?  I'm not talking about just propane tanks exploding, but my short barreled M38!!!!  Oh, I've never seen a 12 ga flash, is there a such thing?  I'll bring my Moss 500 to answer that question....
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#29]
I am bringing my Sony with the nightshot.  With the full moon, it should be very bright video.

I don't think that a 12ga has much of a flash but I could be wrong.  I am bringing my blackpowder colts......now THAT will bloom out the night vision!!

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:06:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Good... I like a decent turnout.  Richard, I'm twisting Wolfpacks arm about going but he's still on the fence. Perhaps you could give him a call and add a little more leverage?  
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Hmmmmm, propane? Gasoline? Just what do you boys intend to do with these things hmmmmmm? Well, isn't that special? Only one person could enjoy such antics as those, could it be SATAN? I want you all to say 10 Hail Mary's just for thinking such awful thoughts.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:11:43 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Perhaps you could give him a call and add a little more leverage?  

Gunbert, maybe I would have an easier time blackmai......uh, I mean persuading Wolfpack if you can email me those pics you have.....you know, those "special" ones you said you found on the net.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:16:00 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Hmmmmm, propane? Gasoline?

I think I actually said petrol......The British just seem to take evil things and make them sound......well.......less evil.

I guess it didn't work

"Hail Mary, Full of Grace..................."

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Yep, count me in definitely.  I told all of my gun friends about it and two said they'll try to make it out once they're off work. They know where to meet us if they can.

Let me know if I can bring anything to make the shoot more fiery or spectacular.  I plan on bringing the HK91, HK USP TACTICAL .45, Glock 17c, and Mossberg 500.

Tonight, I'll see Morpheus with his mp5k's sans the "k" grips.

The Matrix has you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:35:08 AM EDT
[#35]
762mm, and don't forget your tupperware!

Sorry dude, just had to say it.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#36]

Being that I just took my last exam of the semester and I feel like cutting loose, the "raw sugar" may not do it at this shoot.

I might have to upgrade to "flour"

Are you going to bring any 9mm ammo? If so, <cockney accent> Might ah pinch a cup of bullets from ya, Guv'nah? </cockney accent>

I think I got my English proper there so it is....less evil.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Are you going to bring any 9mm ammo?

all the wolf you can eat!!

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:57:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I have 3 friends that want to go...

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:16:18 PM EDT
[#39]
I love night shoots at SLOAN, Its safe for the uses of tracers, And stuff that burns.

SLOAN PAST NIGHT SHOOTS(DBS)

Like i said before, No night shoots for me until my MAG58 comes in.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:26:19 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I have 3 friends that want to go...

Oh yeah, and who among us would NOT want to hang out with these guys with guns around????!!!!!!!!  

WUUUUUP WUP WUP WUP WUP WUP! SMACK! POKE!!!!  SLAAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!  BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

WHYYYYYYY.......I OTTA!!!!

Look what you have done wolf.......you upset them......I heard they read the board every day.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#41]
LOL, good one Rick....

Curly wants to be in charge of the cannon, is that ok?

Soitenly!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#42]
As luck would have it.......the boys are also volunteer fire fighters!  Safety first!!!

Lets shoot!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:35:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Sorry I missed it guys... hope it was kick ass!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:22:14 AM EDT
[#44]
How did it go last night Rick????? see you tomarrow.

larry
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:20:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Well, only a few of us actually showed.  I would like to welcome Robert to the group.  Robert is a parole officer here in Vegas.  Unfortunately, the great state of Nevada does not provide much in the way of defensive armament to its parole officers so he had a good time with the semi AR's and AK's.  I think we will be seeing a lot of him at future shoots.
As for the pyrotechnics,  I think we found a real sweet spot........4 litres of 91 octane, a little propane, road flare and a solid hit with a 7.62x54R out of a M44 Mosin........I am sure you all saw it from wherever you were at the time!  WOW!

Larry, when in the hell is your MAG58 coming!?!  We gonna have a good time at night!

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:08:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Dang it, ! Maybe next time.  Hope you guys had a "blast".
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Special thanks to Richard for arranging the night shoot and providing the gas for all the explosions.

The only thing I thought was weird was that once the moon came out of eclipse, Richard got hairier and just growled the rest of the night.

THANKS RICHARD!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:00:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Rick,
Any pictues to post?  How about another movie like you did for DBS a few weeks ago?  Let's see some explosions!  I got my computer speakers turned up!!!!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Rick,
Any pictues to post?  How about another movie like you did for DBS a few weeks ago?  Let's see some explosions!  I got my computer speakers turned up!!!!

UHHHHH, the dog ate it............or did my battery die?  I forget

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

UHHHHH, the dog ate it............or did my battery die?  I forget

You sure you guys actually shot guns and didn't just sit around eating Krispy Kreme's?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top