Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2022 4:51:19 PM EDT
I think the court got it right.  Disorderly Conduct isn't always related to Domestic Violence.

WI Supreme Court ruling article
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.
I think he got revoked for not disclosing that info in his application, if there's a spot where it asks about that.

Otherwise, I've never had any issues.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 9:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
1993 is when his offense occurred. It so old it's been purged from ccaps. According to ccaps, he didn't get divorced until 2003, 10 years later. There are no other "domestic" incidents on file at ccaps, no assaults, etc. In fact, his only 3 entries involve his divorce, his child supoort, and his lawsuit for this supreme court case. So how is this man a threat to someone he divorced 19 years ago? Not only did the court get it right (unanimously), the liberal assholes are extremely overreacting to this. There already is a domestic abuse modifier to disorderly conduct ( 973.055(1) ) in the law.

And here's the kicker... his ex-wife Joan Doubek has been dead since 9-16-2013. Her probate case, with date of death, is on her ccaps record.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting.
I think he got revoked for not disclosing that info in his application, if there's a spot where it asks about that.

Otherwise, I've never had any issues.
View Quote

I'd +2 your observation.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 6:29:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Open carry, end of issue. Plus your don't need a permission slip to exercise your rights.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I think constitutional carry would trump that.  Open carry may be legal, but so is wearing your underwear over your pants.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 7:44:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Something else we missed seeing. His permit was revoked on the basis of a domestic incident disqualifying his gun ownership under federal law. However, that disqualification comes from the 'Lautenberg amendment', which was passed in 1996. His offense was in 1993. It is not an "ex post facto" law...  does not apply to offenses prior to it's adoption.
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 11:18:43 AM EDT
[#7]
If Doubek was in fact guilty of domestic violence and was charged accordingly, this wouldn't even be an issue - he'd have no permit.  If he  was guilty of disorderly conduct and so charged, this shouldn't be an issue - he'd should have his permit.  Seems like the Marxists just want to add as many offences to the list that bars CC permits as possible.  Next they'll be saying most traffic offences should bar a person from being issued a permit.  Speak up at a school board meeting - you're a threat - no permit for you.  Total crap.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think constitutional carry would trump that.  Open carry may be legal, but so is wearing your underwear over your pants.
View Quote
this, constitutional concealed carry must be the goal. Stealth is a tactical advantage
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top