Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2022 9:18:12 AM EDT
It only happens on the WI HTF page. After reading a thread here, when I want to go back to the WIHTF page where all current/recent threads are listed, when I click on "Wisconsin" on top left or bottom left (above and below list of threeads), next to the word Hometown, I get some dumbass message about "Site maintenance...don't pop your p-mag caps"...

It's been like this for about a week. Tried signing out and signing back in, didn't go away. Same thing on my PC or my Android, so it's not on my end. I tried other states, like MI, IL, AZ...doesn't do it anywhere else that I've found so far. To go back to the list of threads, I can click on the word "Hometown" instead, then all 50 states HTF list comes up, and I can get back to the WI list by clicking on Wisconsin (that's been my "workaround"). But it's an extra step and aggravating...

Clicking on WI here ->

I get this ->

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:32:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems to work fine for me using the Chrome browser.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Thanks man. It took 4 tries, but I got it to work on PC, sorta. It now goes to the WI page when I click on it... eventually. Used to be instaneous, now takes about 15-20 seconds, almost like having dial-up again. I'll see what happens going forward. What happened to cause this? Who fucked up? If it's something I did, I want to be sure not to do it again. 20 years here, 5 different PCs (this one for past 6 years) never had it happen before.

Android? Still fucked up there. FWIW, they are synced. fixed it there too by clearing cache.

Link Posted: 5/15/2022 5:31:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Working OK for me. Lots of glitches the last year or so. I've had threads vanish with no explanation. Site staff couldn't explain it. I was also locked out for several months with no explanation ever given. Glad you were able to get it working.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 9:09:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Today was the first time In about 10 days I was able to get on the WI forum.  Kept getting that goofy msg.  Didn't have to do anything special - it just decided to start working again.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 8:49:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Today was the first time In about 10 days I was able to get on the WI forum.  Kept getting that goofy msg.  Didn't have to do anything special - it just decided to start working again.
View Quote

I went through a 2 year period where I could not send any PMs. I received them, but couldn't reply because that 6 digit code you need to enter before sending would never accept the correct code. What was worse, the entire reply I had typed out vanished forever also. So to keep trying meant re-typing everything, every time... so I just gave up and didn't even read any incoming.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 9:24:35 AM EDT
[#7]
BROWNELLED!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top