Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2022 5:22:55 PM EDT
My buddy is trying to drop ship a bunch of Colonial Brown Bess and Henry Martini MK 1 parts kits assembled on mock receivers...please don't ask, long story about import laws...

I can't get a single one shipped here?

For him to have someone receive, break down, reship them and just send me the parts kits (totally legal here in WI for the alone kits without receivers) would negate the profit margin...

Why do we have this obsolete law?

V
OUT
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I think cottage grove still has a silly nongun law on the books.
Put an orange cap on them if you feel you must.
I know you can still buy a coon skin hat and a fake ass Davy Crockett  rifle in the Dells.
Rubber band  guns airsoft..soft air.. squirt guns..blue and orange training hand guns..bb guns pellet guns...dart guns.pop guns..cap guns..and just plain old TOY GUNS TOO.

I restore historic military vehicles,  run them in parades in downtown's all over Wisconsin.
Sometimes the mounted weapons  are real most times dummy guns.
Ar's.. m60's..m2hb's. Saws. 1911's grenades..launchers..Garands .. Tommy guns.. m1 carb..
1917' rifles and revolvers..1903's..
You get the picture.
But who knows.
Maybe there watching..
JP
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#2]
"941.2965  Restrictions on use of facsimile firearms.
(1)  In this section, “facsimile firearm" means any replica, toy, starter pistol or other object that bears a reasonable resemblance to or that reasonably can be perceived to be an actual firearm. “Facsimile firearm" does not include any actual firearm.
(2) No person may carry or display a facsimile firearm in a manner that could reasonably be expected to alarm, intimidate, threaten or terrify another person. Whoever violates this section is subject to a Class C forfeiture.
(3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:
(a) Any peace officer acting in the discharge of his or her official duties. Notwithstanding s. 939.22 (22), this paragraph does not apply to a commission warden.
(b) Any person engaged in military activities, sponsored by the state or federal government, acting in the discharge of his or her official duties.
(c) Any person who is on his or her own real property, in his or her own home or at his or her own fixed place of business.
(d) Any person who is on real property and acting with the consent of the owner of that property.
History: 1993 a. 191; 1993 a. 491 s. 262; Stats. 1993 s. 941.2965; 2007 a. 27.

941.297  Sale or distribution of imitation firearms.
(1)  In this section, “look-alike firearm" means any imitation of any original firearm that was manufactured, designed and produced after December 31, 1897, including and limited to toy guns, water guns, replica nonguns, and air-soft guns firing nonmetallic projectiles. “Look-alike firearm" does not include any imitation, nonfiring, collector replica of an antique firearm developed prior to 1898, or any traditional beebee, paint-ball or pellet-firing air gun that expels a projectile through the force of air pressure.
(2) Beginning November 1, 1992, no person may sell or distribute any look-alike firearm. Whoever violates this subsection is subject to a Class A forfeiture.
(3) This section does not apply to the sale or distribution of a look-alike firearm that complies with the marking or waiver requirements under 15 USC 5001 (b).
History: 1991 a. 155.
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 8:12:23 PM EDT
[#3]
After more investigation...most companies won't even give an option to ship REPLICA GUNS into WI!

IMA, Gunparts corp (Numerich) for example...

What gives WI?

V
OUT
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Stupid law. I tried buying a blank firing pistol for dog training online back in the late 90s when I got a new Lab puppy. Nobody sold them locally, and I couldn't get one shipped here online. But it was 1999, and the internet was nowhere near what it is today, I had dial-up that barely worked. There was Cabelas, Sportsman Guide, and not much else to choose from. Sportsman Guide had some 8mm semi-auto blank pistols that resembled a Beretta 92, but they wouldn't ship one to WI. Gun Dog Supply had .32 revolvers, same thing...no-ship to WI. So I just loaded up some shotshells with a primer only, used them in an old single shot 12ga that I cut down to 18.5" barrel. That became my "blank gun", a 209 is pretty loud all by itself.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:46:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stupid law. I tried buying a blank firing pistol for dog training online back in the late 90s when I got a new Lab puppy. Nobody sold them locally, and I couldn't get one shipped here online. But it was 1999, and the internet was nowhere near what it is today, I had dial-up that barely worked. There was Cabelas, Sportsman Guide, and not much else to choose from. Sportsman Guide had some 8mm semi-auto blank pistols that resembled a Beretta 92, but they wouldn't ship one to WI. Gun Dog Supply had .32 revolvers, same thing...no-ship to WI. So I just loaded up some shotshells with a primer only, used them in an old single shot 12ga that I cut down to 18.5" barrel. That became my "blank gun", a 209 is pretty loud all by itself.  
View Quote

LOL...18.5" starter pistol...Dumb laws.

V
OUT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top