Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2022 9:16:25 AM EDT
I seem to recall a few years ago an incident on public land.  Think it was maybe Jefferson county during an early season deer hunt season, maybe youth hunt.  

Anyway a father and son are hunting public land when they encountered a guy in full camo who proceeded to take a shot at them with a pistol.  The father/son dove for cover, returned fire and the guy fled.

Was that ever resolved?  I don’t recall hearing if they ever figured out who/what that was about.  

This is always my biggest concern when wilderness  canoeing/camping.  Never know if you’ll stumble into someone doing illegal activities who don’t want witnesses.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:56:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I suppose it is something to think about, but it is not at the top of my worry list. Most of the "strange" people I have met in the woods over the years have not been violent types, just "different". I feel much safer in the woods vs the city.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suppose it is something to think about, but it is not at the top of my worry list. Most of the "strange" people I have met in the woods over the years have not been violent types, just "different". I feel much safer in the woods vs the city.
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:34:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have spent a ton of time outdoors hunting, hiking, and fishing.  Generally there's less people so less problems.

I don't worry about anything when I'm in the woods
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top