Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/14/2022 9:47:08 AM EDT
I need to bring my dog in for a check up and to get her regular shots. I've brought her to Animal Hospital of Oshkosh ever since I got her mostly because it's only a few minutes from my house. It's always been fine but they went full retard since Covid. After my experience last year (that I don't feel like typing out) I really don't want to give them anymore money. Hell they just opened the lobby a few weeks ago and are still requiring masks and only one person per animal, etc. I could handle that but I'd rather not feed the Karen. Anyone got anything?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of vet retardation down this way too.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:07:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a hill really worth dying on?  Has that vet provided good care with a price you feel is reasonable?  What if you switch and the care isn't as good, or the cost is 2x what you are paying now?

Our vet is still full-on covid with almost no in-person contact with the staff.  Yeah, it sucks but the vet we used to go to wasn't providing the quality of care that they had been giving us in the past.  We moved to an awesome vet clinic about 7 years ago, but it was a roll of the dice at the same time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:08:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Vets do it cuz they can.  Many (but certainly not all) liked curbside because they did not need to deal as much with the person on the other end of the leash.  In many ways it makes the job a bit easier.  I find it less efficient and I spend just as much time, if not more, with the client but now it’s on the phone.  The funny thing is that many of the businesses - not just vets- are all about masking as social distancing, but then go out and socialize on their own time without the masks.  
I’m a vet and work at multiple practices.  One is still curbside and the others allow clients in the building, but all still require masks.  If I have a client that comes in not wearing a mask I am totally fine with it.  It would be hypocritical for me to require they mask up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it a hill really worth dying on?  Has that vet provided good care with a price you feel is reasonable?  What if you switch and the care isn't as good, or the cost is 2x what you are paying now?

Our vet is still full-on covid with almost no in-person contact with the staff.  Yeah, it sucks but the vet we used to go to wasn't providing the quality of care that they had been giving us in the past.  We moved to an awesome vet clinic about 7 years ago, but it was a roll of the dice at the same time.
View Quote

Yes it is. our vet of 20 yrs went full covid.  I noticed the last time I took him he was real skittish around the building.  The next time I needed the vet we went to a different vet that was not as stupid with covid.  
There are other vets find one you like.  spend your money there.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:01:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, fuck them. I'm not bringing my dog to a place that adheres more to a religion than "science". We tried the curbside bullshit last year. My dog was not a fan, so they wanted me to come back with her sedated. She's never had an issue when I went in with her like ya know, sane people. I finally convinced the dipshit vet to let me hold her in the parking lot, masked while they did the blood draw. The dog was fine. Fuck that place. I've heard they've actually lost a fair amount of business over their retarded policies, I'd like to pile on to that if I can.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Vets do it cuz they can.  Many (but certainly not all) liked curbside because they did not need to deal as much with the person on the other end of the leash.  In many ways it makes the job a bit easier.  I find it less efficient and I spend just as much time, if not more, with the client but now it's on the phone.  The funny thing is that many of the businesses - not just vets- are all about masking as social distancing, but then go out and socialize on their own time without the masks.  
I'm a vet and work at multiple practices.  One is still curbside and the others allow clients in the building, but all still require masks.  If I have a client that comes in not wearing a mask I am totally fine with it.  It would be hypocritical for me to require they mask up.
View Quote
I don't know of one other business besides the hospital that still requires masks, not even my dentist. The vet thing is fucking bizarre to me
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Dog Depot on the corner of South Park & Main refused to shut down when told to stay at home. They might be able to provide some pointers.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#9]
It’s weird how it seems vets and dentists are still full on doomer mode.  

My dentist makes me wear a mask to walk 30ft through their empty waiting room, then they roto-rooter in my mouth for the next hour and then force me to don the mask to walk back out.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Dog Depot on the corner of South Park & Main refused to shut down when told to stay at home. They might be able to provide some pointers.
View Quote
That was utterly terrifying when they arrested that woman less than a mile from my house for grooming dogs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:21:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's weird how it seems vets and dentists are still full on doomer mode.  

My dentist makes me wear a mask to walk 30ft through their empty waiting room, then they roto-rooter in my mouth for the next hour and then force me to don the mask to walk back out.
View Quote
It makes zero sense. I can talk to my mortgage agent for an hour only a few feet apart without a care in the world but suddenly I'm a walking harbinger of death to my dogs vet being at a similar distance apart for a fraction of the time
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:25:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Dogs can contract covid, yet no masks for dogs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top