Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2022 2:38:21 AM EDT
Moved in Delavan, any locals know of any good ranges in the area?

I know I won't find 600+M ranges like I had in Racine, but saving an hour drive time would be nice.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:08:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Delavan Sportsmans Club is the only range I can think of. Membership required if I remember.

McMillar isnt too far. 300yd max. No 50bmg.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll have to go interview Delevan.  McMillers looks like a shitshow based on the the times I've rode in to lookeeloo when I'm hitting the KM trail.

On a side note, are you out in this area?  All my riding friends dropped out or moved away.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
40 min west of Delavan in Janesville.

Only riding I've done any amount of in the last few years is either my moped or on the track. My street bike has been down since 2013 and was hit on a HD in 2014 by a hit and run driver.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Delavan Sportsman or find somebody with land that would let you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Delavan Sportsman isn't bad, but they're only open 2 days a week.  It's really the only super close range. It used to be great,  they would just give you a key and you could go any time.  Now it's Sundays and 4 hours in Tuesday. Just not worth it,  imo. If they ever got their shit together,  they could become the range in the entire County.

McMiller is a fine range,  it's just one of the few public ranges in SE Wisconsin so it will be fairly busy during nice weekends.

There are not many private ranges in the immediate area that you can drive to.  If you're on the west side of Delavan,  the Rock County Rifle & Pistol Club is about 20 minutes away. Although the indoor range is pistol calibers only and their outdoor range is all the way up in Milton. That being said, it's $18/ month and you can shoot anytime you want. It's a solid deal especially for winter pistol/PCC shooting.

There's the Conservation Club of Kenosha County,  but that's all the way in Bristol.

Other than that,  there isn't much until you get to the Milwaukee or Kenosha/Racine area.

Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There are not many private ranges in the immediate area that you can drive to.  If you're on the west side of Delavan,  the Rock County Rifle & Pistol Club is about 20 minutes away. Although the indoor range is pistol calibers only and their outdoor range is all the way up in Milton. That being said, it's $18/ month and you can shoot anytime you want. It's a solid deal especially for winter pistol/PCC shooting.

View Quote
Rcrpc's outdoor milton range is only open when they can get someone to rso there. Usually its open during the week when most peopl are working. Heard they are working on a class to allow members to shoot unsupervised.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll have to stop in to rcprc and check the place out.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'll have to stop in to rcprc and check the place out.
View Quote

Rock County Rifle Pistol Club

Indoor range is open 24/7 key card access. Members guests have to watch a "safety video" and pay $10. Place is pretty easy to get to from Delavan. Head west on 11 from Delavan towards Janesville. When you get towards Janesville, turn on CTY O (aka Delavan Dr). FOllow that into town. The 1st set of stop lights is Beloit Ave. Keep going straight. Theres a huge factory called ANGI on the left (south side of road). Just after that place theres a driveway bewteen ANGI and a small auto shop. Range parking is there. Range is in the basement of a big brick building. I'm a member there so if you want to try the indoor range out some weekend let me know. I'm literally only 3 min drive from the range.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the offer!
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Rcrpc's outdoor milton range is only open when they can get someone to rso there. Usually its open during the week when most peopl are working. Heard they are working on a class to allow members to shoot unsupervised.
View Quote

I didn't realize that.  I joined about 2 months back and have only gone to the indoor range as Milton is out of the way for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top