Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2022 1:07:29 PM EDT
Hey everybody. Hope it's alright that I put this up here, I put a post in the training forum but want to make sure all the WI folks saw it.

Many of you know me or have trained with me in the past with Performance on Demand Shooting, or know me as the guy who designed/built/started the range/training facility at Vortex. We hosted an ARFCOM training day there a number of you attended a while back - which was awesome, wish we could have done more!!!

A few updates: we have closed Performance on Demand Shooting after 7 years, and I am no longer with Vortex. I am running my own independent company, Critical Impact Group, which has allowed me to move training in the direction I want to - which is emphasizing more reality-based, real-world practical application of techniques and tactics that I think is lacking in both LE training and especially in what is offered to private citizens these days. I'm finishing a couple courses based around EDC that I think you guys will really dig, diving into reality-based training, force on force, scenarios and decision making. Getting off the square range and putting it all together.

Long story short, would love to see anyone interested back here in class! Right now my training schedule is heavily LE skewed just because the demand for LE training has been insane! I'm waiting for several date confirmations for more open enrollment classes so those should be up by the end of the month. Any open enrollment with registration through my site - which right now is just a red dot pistol in April, (but more coming soon!) for WI Hometown guys you can use a discount code at checkout for 10% through the end of April - HOMETOWN10 (please don't share that outside of the hometown forum - it's designed just for you guys and my course fees are pretty low already).

A few links:
Current 2022 Calendar
Email List Sign Up to be notified of new courses
My bio
Facebook
Instagram

Thanks!!!

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
What are Mike and Pete up too now that PODs is closed?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are Mike and Pete up too now that PODs is closed?
View Quote
Mike is super busy with the Sheriff's Office. They're running their own academies now so his workload has picked up quite a bit. We've talked and there's a good chance he'll run some of those open enrollment trainings with me this year.

Pete is still with Vortex, which I can attest is a full time gig plus some.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:15:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I've taken classes with you in the past and always enjoyed them.
I've been keeping an eye on your calendar, but a lot of the classes were geared towards LE.
But I see there's a bit more on there now.
Will you be doing more advanced carbine classes in the future?
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw your email announcing the new venture; good to see you're keeping the training value alive here.

I have a small group of guys who absolutely needs a basic carbine and movement class so I will be looking for that.
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
How do I get on the email list for updates?  It’s typed out in you list of links but it’s just text
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:23:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes - I ran a much more "advanced" carbine class last fall, I am planning on offering it again later in they year. Much more movement, use of cover and barricades, a lot more pushing speed. Some kind of carbine 1 either through me or equivalent would be a pre-requisite.

I am really pushing to have a basic carbine listed by the end of the month too. Just waiting to hear back from a range I want to use. If they are a no go, I'll just set it up myself at a different spot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do I get on the email list for updates?  It's typed out in you list of links but it's just text
View Quote
Shoot me a PM and I'll add you manually!
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I've maintained my instructor credentials if you ever need a sidekick or range bitch I can see what I can do.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I would definitely take an EDC class if you offered one!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 10:42:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've maintained my instructor credentials if you ever need a sidekick or range bitch I can see what I can do.
View Quote
Appreciate that brother! Hope you're well my friend!
Quoted:
I would definitely take an EDC class if you offered one!
View Quote
Got a few things in the works. Stay tuned!
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#11]
That explains why I can't find any more classes with POD.

Thanks for the update.  Hopefully I'll get into some more courses... if you can break away from cops only.
Link Posted: 3/26/2022 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome news!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top