Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2021 8:14:48 PM EDT
So far the number is 9,793 stolen cars in 2021!!! Guess they are shooting for 10,000 before the end of the year.

If you visit Milwaukee...you might want to take the bus...HaHaHaHaHaHa!
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What do they have to lose?  Probably won't be prosecuted anyway.  It's Milwaukee!
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, KIA's were getting swiped left and right for a while that they were giving out the club to owners. And some lady had her car swiped like 3 times this year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not surprised at the typical Milwaukee cure - sue the manufacturers.  Oh, and social media is also to blame.  Silly me, here I thought the problem was the little street rats that were actually STEALING the cars.

Milwaukee car theft cure.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:42:40 AM EDT
[#5]
A large percentage stolen are Kia and Hyundai. IIRC you can break out a rear window and it won't sound the alarm. Seems to be a design issue. If you think MKE vehicle theft has been high so far, wait until people start to run/warm up their cars this winter. There's always an uptick in winter thefts. I have no doubt we'll break that 10k ceiling.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not surprised at the typical Milwaukee cure - sue the manufacturers.  Oh, and social media is also to blame.  Silly me, here I thought the problem was the little street rats that were actually STEALING the cars.

Milwaukee car theft cure.
View Quote

Typical liberal remedy. Sue the object or it's maker, not the human culprit. Kia & Hyundai are a "Public Nuisance" because hoodrats are stealing their cars? WTF...

Wanna bet that most of the perps are repeat offenders, let loose by the same D.A.s office that gave $1,000 bond to the mass murderer in Waukesha?
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#7]
What the Milw P.D. needs is some "bait" cars. Using one of the most popular models on the stolen list, disconnect all inside door handles, disable power windows and manual inside door locks, and pull the fuse for the fuel pump so it will not run. If it doesn't have an alarm, then create one by wiring a relay into the horn circuit and 4 way flashers, that starts them horn beeping and lights flashing when someone activates the starter so it attracts attention.... and locks all the doors trapping the little rats inside.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 3:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Rig a Tesla so after it locks 'em in, it starts and drives them to the nearest PD.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 4:47:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What the Milw P.D. needs is some "bait" cars. Using one of the most popular models on the stolen list, disconnect all inside door handles, disable power windows and manual inside door locks, and pull the fuse for the fuel pump so it will not run. If it doesn't have an alarm, then create one by wiring a relay into the horn circuit and 4 way flashers, that starts them horn beeping and lights flashing when someone activates the starter so it attracts attention.... and locks all the doors trapping the little rats inside.
View Quote

Earlier this year one of my neighbors had a street-parked Civic broken into and almost stolen. I heard the alarm go off early in the morning, pulled camera footage and saw the perp run away and watched the neighbor come and silence the vehicle. I burned a disc and took it to him to include with his report.

He said, "Yeah, no big deal, it was a court ordered vehicle with an ignition interlock device from a DWI/DUI sentence." The perp ripped out the interlock device in his attempt to hotwire the car and thatis how the alarm was triggered.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Catching vermin isn't the issue, it's that they are released the next day. It's a game for them. They wake up, grab a car, drive around for a couple hours smokin' dope, pick up a buddy, steal a second car, drive the first one into someone's porch or ditch, whatever, just as long as it's damaged. Repeat after lunch. Day after day. If they get caught, just speed down alleys till they crash, then scatter. If they find a nice one, someone will give them a few bucks and they'll strip it down in a vacant garage in a couple hours.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Rig a Tesla so after it locks 'em in, it starts and drives them off a pier into Lake Michigan.
View Quote
Fixed.

Madison has a big problem with 12-15yr olds stealing cars and crashing the fuck out of them. Nothing more than a catch and release from the DA's office.
Link Posted: 12/7/2021 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe someone should remind that twit of a DA that there is such a thing as juvenile detention.  Suppose he doesn't want to piss off his voter base.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#13]
It's bad north of 94 in a lot of areas.  I drive my work truck around there often and almost every time I have to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting someone running a red light.  It's also very common to see vehicles with no plates.  They blow by cars in the bike lane and smell like weed.  But those areas are pretty quiet before 2pm or so.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 6:48:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Apparently it's not just stolen cars driving like idiots.  

https://www.wisn.com/article/ambulance-with-patient-inside-mcts-bus-collide/38452086#
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 2:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's bad north of 94 in a lot of areas.  I drive my work truck around there often and almost every time I have to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting someone running a red light.  It's also very common to see vehicles with no plates.  They blow by cars in the bike lane and smell like weed.  But those areas are pretty quiet before 2pm or so.
View Quote

I could have posted the exact same thing word for word. Driving in Milwaukee is like driving in a war zone.
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#16]
If it's 12-15 year olds hold the parents responsible. Make them pay for damages and go to parenting classes on the weekend.

Run bait cars and put red dye and skunk spray as a little surprise. Pick them up later.
Link Posted: 12/11/2021 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Wouldn't have believed it If I hadn't read it myself.  From the article:

City council members are blaming the automakers for allegedly not installing anti-theft devices such as engine immobilizers in their cars. Alderman Khalif Rainey said the automakers are "directly responsible" for the uptick in crime and that "it's time to fix the problem they created." In separate letters to the U.S. divisions of both automakers, Rainey alleged that their cars "can be stolen with nothing more than a USB cable." The city "revealed it's considering suing Kia and Hyundai under public nuisance laws," according to WISN-12.

ETA: Stayed at a hotel in Manitowoc not too long ago and they actually had a sign posted saying that guns were not permitted in the rooms.  Asked the clerk about it and she said that if they enforced the policy, they would lose 90% of their business during the hunting season.  Can you imagine the rate of gun thefts from vehicles during hunting season?  Would be like painting a big red sign on your truck with the words "gun inside".
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Have the liberals filed suits against "Mother Nature" for the tornadoes yet?
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 12:05:48 PM EDT
[#19]
They actually are blaming them on Trump because he was bucking the "climate change" BS.   Apparently, they feel they can change the earths' orbit and axis tilt if they only had more money.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:06:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So far the number is 9,793 stolen cars in 2021!!! Guess they are shooting for 10,000 before the end of the year.

If you visit Milwaukee...you might want to take the bus...HaHaHaHaHaHa!
View Quote

…well, we’ve got to be #1 in something…
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Catch and release.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 12:45:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:58:28 PM EDT
[#24]
So easy to defeat them.
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 1:33:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Once we stopped pursuing cars for being stolen, the rate skyrocketed.

Cause and effect.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 1:43:40 AM EDT
[#26]
something needs to be done. my apartment bldg has had 4 cars broken into and 2 stolen. one old ass honda and one kia. you guessed it.. rear window broken in.
tenants look to me to fix it. not much i can do.
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 2:25:38 AM EDT
[#27]
When you realise how easy it is to steal kia/hyundai, it's easier than taking a 90's dodge/chrysler minivan...

In three sentences, you too could steal a kia/hyundai,
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Updated advice if visiting Milwaukee…take the bus, not your car, AND wear a bulletproof vest!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Updated advice if visiting Milwaukee…take the bus, not your car, AND wear a bulletproof vest!
View Quote

It’s not that bad. Just avoid the really high crime areas. PM and I can give free advice. #1…stay away from the Fiserv Arena after any/during any Bucks game.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:00:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Stay west of Hwy 100 or east of the Milwaukee River, and for sure watch out for cars full of teenage kids driving 100mph in 25mph zones and running stop signs!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top