Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2021 5:54:50 AM EDT
Wife and I just bought some land on the WI River in Blue River.  Boscobel is the closest town anyone has ever heard of hence the title of the thread.  I know there are a few of you in the area.  Any tips?  We are going to build and eventually retire there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 12:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been through there several times, seems like a nice place. You will be in prime trout country, enough streams to keep you happy for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 5:54:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been through there several times, seems like a nice place. You will be in prime trout country, enough streams to keep you happy for a long time.
View Quote

I don't fish, but we fell in love with the chunk of land.  Plus it's zoned as residential with 90 yards of frontage on the river.  Don't have to worry about flooding either.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2021 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds very nice. That is a beautiful area.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you buy land in Richland county?  Most of the river ground in Grant county is subject to flooding
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Did you buy land in Richland county?  Most of the river ground in Grant county is subject to flooding
View Quote

Grant Co.  Close to Port Andrews.  This chunk has a 30ft cliff that drops down to a wooded acre.  The water line is about 3ft down from the shore.  So the house (camper for now) will be more than 30ft above the water.
Link Posted: 9/25/2021 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't get hurt.  I've worked there, the area hospital is pretty limited, and you're looking at a good 2 hours transfer time.

People seem nice, typical small town "know everyone."  And don't eat sushi from Quik Trip.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't get hurt.  I've worked there, the area hospital is pretty limited, and you're looking at a good 2 hours transfer time.

People seem nice, typical small town "know everyone."  And don't eat sushi from Quik Trip.
View Quote

There is only one thing to buy from Kwik Trip, the BBQ rib sandwich.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top