Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/9/2021 11:28:12 PM EDT
Former Lt. Gov. Rebecca Kleefisch made it official Thursday, Sept. 9, that she's running for governor against incumbent Democratic Gov. Tony Evers.

news story
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 12:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
heard her on a radio interview this morning.

I'm not impressed.

I'm to the point that any and all politicians need to go.

Time to flush the toilet and put some fresh turds in there.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 5:18:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I do not have anything against her or for that matter, for her.   I will watch and see what happens before I make a decision.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 7:56:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I found out a couple weeks ago, didn't know it wasn’t already public knowledge. They had her and her whole film crew in at work to film part of that video. They were there like half the day to get about 5-10 seconds of video.
Link Posted: 9/10/2021 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#4]
At this point she's probably a better choice than skeletor, but what we maybe need is the ghost of Joe McCarthy to step in.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#5]
We need Wichmann. Kleefisch doesn't have what it takes to win.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We need Wichmann. Kleefisch doesn't have what it takes to win.
View Quote

This.
Talk radio hasn’t even acknowledged him.
And when the primary race really gets going, they will attack him like they did Kevin Nicholson.

Establishment Republicans all the way.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I just heard Rebecca on the radio.   I like her tough on crime stance.  Her suzy homemaker voice is not a good voice for a politician.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:45:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Honestly I don't give a shit who the nominee is, just as long as they beat Tony the Terrible.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 8:38:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Honestly I don't give a shit who the nominee is, just as long as they beat Tony the Terrible.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The attack ads on Kleefisch have started. Today it was all scary scary not treating covid seriously.

Everything in the ad they said she was doing seemed pretty reasonable to me.  Thanks for letting me know!
Link Posted: 10/30/2021 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
At this point she's probably a better choice than skeletor, but what we maybe need is the ghost of Joe McCarthy to step in.  
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 11/18/2021 1:54:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#13]
There are a lot of suburban housewives who vote Democrat.  Rebecca should help win some of those votes back, simply for being a woman.  
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:29:43 PM EDT
[#14]
100k dem ballots magically appearing on demand in Milwaukee and/or madison......

The only way to win is cheat more than they do.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 5:21:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
100k dem ballots magically appearing on demand in Milwaukee and/or madison......

The only way to win is cheat more than they do.
View Quote

They always seem to "find" 'just enough' ballots to win, because they don't turn in their results from big blue areas until all the red area results are known. The way to beat this is for the predominantly Republican areas to withhold results until all the precincts in Milwaukee and Madison have been tabulated and accounted for, 100%. They can't cheat by "finding" 'just enough' to win, if they don't know what 'just enough' to win is.
Link Posted: 1/20/2022 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 9:59:03 PM EDT
[#18]
City of Milwaukee waits until 99% of the votes are in across the state.....    Checks to see how many they are behind....    Then, the  needed votes magically appear.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:58:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Kevin Nicolson is in for gov.
Was on radio today, pulled no punches on the GOP.

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 4:06:38 AM EDT
[#20]
WE have a new entry to the Rep governors race.
Timothy Ramthun (R- Campbellsport).

news story.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#21]
When she said she wanted to disperse government closer to where the people live, she lost me.  The only thing the government should be dispersed into is an incinerator- ESPECIALLY if you're a "conservative".  The LAST thing I want, is government any closer to me than it already is.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
When she said she wanted to disperse government closer to where the people live, she lost me.  The only thing the government should be dispersed into is an incinerator- ESPECIALLY if you're a "conservative".  The LAST thing I want, is government any closer to me than it already is.
View Quote

Maybe you misunderstood, but my take on that is let the people rule themselves. Delegate more power to local governments, versus having the entire state run by Madison.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Not a fan of either Becky or Nicholson. Hopefully a better candidate jumps in.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 11:45:20 PM EDT
[#24]
80 yo Tommy is talking with Trump about maybe making a run.
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:57:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
80 yo Tommy is talking with Trump about maybe making a run.
View Quote

I have reservations about Tommy Thompson. Granted, he is a local guy, ( he was born and raised no more than 20 miles from where I'm sitting) his record on supporting pro 2A legislation has a lot to be desired. He didn't want a concealed carry bill on his desk during his previous terms as governor and if he were elected governor again, I don't think he would sign a "constitutional carry" bill if it reached his desk.
Gary
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 12:47:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There are a lot of suburban housewives who vote Democrat.  Rebecca should help win some of those votes back, simply for being a woman.  
View Quote

This is what I was thinking.  She's not my ideal candidate, but still a massive improvement from Evers.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 12:50:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
City of Milwaukee waits until 99% of the votes are in across the state.....    Checks to see how many they are behind....    Then, the  needed votes magically appear.
View Quote

True, which is why we need the vote (in the rest of the state) to be so lopsided that they can't steal enough votes in Milwaukee and Madison.  If Milwaukee County turns in twice as many votes as they have people, it's going to draw some attention.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This is what I was thinking.  She's not my ideal candidate, but still a massive improvement from Evers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Responding to yourself? Some liberal karen isn’t voting for Becky just because she’s a woman.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 5:37:13 PM EDT
[#29]
EXCLUSIVE: GOP Mega-Donor Diane Hendricks is pushing Tommy Thompson To Run For Governor
By Mark Belling, WISN-AM

In a potentially huge development, one of the most influential Republican donors in America, Beloit's Diane Hendricks, is urging Tommy Thompson to run for governor. Thompson, the outgoing acting UW System President, was elected governor a record four times but is now 80 years old. Many have found his flirtation with a run this year as curious but the support of Hendricks could mean several million dollars in his campaign coffers. Hendricks has been listed a support of presumed frontrunner Rebecca Kleefisch. If she actually prefers Thompson, the GOP race for governor is suddenly wide open. The state's giant Republican donors are split in the race. Husband and wife Dick and Liz Uihlein of Uline Corporation aren't even on the same page. Dick supports Kevin Nicholson while Liz is backing Kleefisch. In the meantime, former President Donald Trump hasn't endorsed anybody yet. Trump is a confidante of Hendricks and if the two of them back the same candidate, that one would likely be the favorite. And then there's Tim Michels. The head of the giant pipeline company that bears his family name is still thinking about running and his significant personal financial wealth would allow him to be able to self fund his campaign. The campaign that appears to be going nowhere is that of State Rep. Tim Ramthun who jumped in the race after a rift with Assembly Speaker Robin but has so far attracted little support. It is stunning that the GOP field remains influx at this late date. The August primary election is only four months away. The reason for all of the Republican interest? It is widely believed that Democrat incumbent Tony Evers can be beaten

Mark Belling
April 8
View Quote

https://www.belling.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/LAST_Tommy.pdf

I think Tim Michels would be a good candidate.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Tommy is just to old!   I kinda like Nicholson over Kleefisch.  I know nothing about Michels.

Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

She's not my ideal candidate, but still a massive improvement from Evers.
View Quote
Hell those Sasquatch cutouts popping up all over would be a better improvement for gov than evers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I have reservations about Tommy Thompson. Granted, he is a local guy, ( he was born and raised no more than 20 miles from where I'm sitting) his record on supporting pro 2A legislation has a lot to be desired. He didn't want a concealed carry bill on his desk during his previous terms as governor and if he were elected governor again, I don't think he would sign a "constitutional carry" bill if it reached his desk.
Gary
View Quote

Thompson was a Bushbot & is far too old.

We need a new AG for sure.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:56:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Tommy just needs to retire.  There's got to be a better candidate than him - just not sure who at this point.  Tommy is too moderate for me.  I think we need to go a lot farther right than him.  Someone like DeSantis would be just fine by me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tommy just needs to retire.  There's got to be a better candidate than him - just not sure who at this point.  Tommy is too moderate for me.  I think we need to go a lot farther right than him.  Someone like DeSantis would be just fine by me.
View Quote

I agree, Tommy T does need to retire. My greatest fear is the he will garner enough support from name recognition in the primary race and get it into his head to run as an independent if he doesn't win the nomination. If this happens, he could siphon off enough conservative votes in November and hand Evers another undeserved "victory".
Gary
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#36]
The government needs LESS POWER, not delegation of MORE power to ever-more localized "czars" of stupid half-wit problems.  

We need to remove the government's defacto-authority over our lives by REMOVING GOVERNMENT, not re-distributing it.

I feel like I actually hear what they ARE saying, when most people hear what they WANT them to say.

She's not going to get rid of any authoritarian self-important bureaucrats.  Our complete failure of a legislature won't permit any of that.

Republicans are the problem.  The party is run by dinosaurs who are the EXACT SAME PEOPLE who operate the Democrat party.  People use the term RINO all the time, and I think they have it backward.  Republicans and Democrats are the same; they always vote to increase government power, spending and intrusion.  The Republicans ALWAYS justify it with some ridiculous half-assed argument for conceding; "it was either this or something worse".  NO; it could have been NOTHING AT ALL which would have been BETTER almost 100% of the time.

Until we have a "political party" that ACTUALLY stands for principles, conservatives are the RINOs.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 9:34:10 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

True, which is why we need the vote (in the rest of the state) to be so lopsided that they can't steal enough votes in Milwaukee and Madison.  If Milwaukee County turns in twice as many votes as they have people, it's going to draw some attention.
View Quote

It never drew any attention before.  It happens EVERY ELECTION.  Why would that change now?
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#38]
It doesn't really matter any more. After seeing what happened in 2020, I have no faith in elections here.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It doesn't really matter any more. After seeing what happened in 2020, I have no faith in elections here.
View Quote

As much as I hate to say, I fully agree with you. The fraud was immediately known but you can’t undo the damage when it takes more than 2 years to compile evidence. I had hopes in the Az audit but that’s seems to have fizzled out as well. Add that to a complicit media and voting is mostly a waste of time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Yep, give up now and the left wins again.   Not voting gives the left a sure win.  Voting means the left can loose.
Your choice.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Does the left "cheat" in elections? Just the obvious biased reporting of the overwhelming majority of big media should be considered "cheating" ...but it's not, because who can accuse those cheaters, but the cheaters themselves? The fox guarding the henhouse.  Do the Dems commit fraud in the actual ballots or ballot tabulating? Is the sky blue? Of course they do. They always have.

So how do we stop it? Sit home on election day and plug our ears, or throw up our arms in frustration and say "See... I told you so"? Yep, that'll help.

What will help more is getting more people to vote the way we do, not less. They're able to cheat because elections are usually relatively close, within 5-7% points or less. We can eliminate the cheating not by making them closer, but making the result more lopsided in our favor. So lopsided that fraud to overcome it would be impossible to cover up. If you have 10 people voting, and the preliminary result is 6 to 4, it's not too difficult to "cheat" that into a 4-6 result. But if it's 7-3, it becomes harder. 8-2 even harder, and 9-1 impossible. The answer is not staying home in protest, it's getting anyone you know who will vote the right way to go and vote. The "stay at homes" is what loses elections. You cannot cheat your way out of a "landslide" loss.  
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 10:50:32 AM EDT
[#42]
I find it pretty amazing that about 50% of the people don't even vote in elections but are the ones that whine the most.  If you're too lazy to take to take a few minutes out of your day to vote, you deserve the shit storm that results.  I make sure I light a fire under my kids to get their asses in and vote (for the right candidates, naturally!)  They for the most part don't need a reminder, but I feel it my civic duty to make sure.  The problem won't go away by itself - it'll just get worse.  The local elections are the ones that have a hard time getting 25% of the people to vote and they are where the problems start - school boards, DA's, Sheriffs, etc.  I just wish the Republicans started playing hardball.  There are a number of them that are just taking up space.  Time for some real conservatives and new blood.  Repub. leadership in Madison if sorrily lacking.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:32:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yep, give up now and the left wins again.   Not voting gives the left a sure win.  Voting means the left can loose.
Your choice.
View Quote
While I'm a naturally cynical person, I fully agree with this. I moved from WI to VA last year, and my biggest concern was that the Dems had complete control of the government, and seemed poised to strengthen that hold last Nov. However, the Dem candidate for Gov really put his foot in his mouth at a debate saying something along the lines of "parents need to stay out of classrooms". This really motivated people on the Right, as well as woke up a lot of people in the middle, and even some lightly left-leaning folks, to what today's Dem party is really about. The GOP candidates ended up winning the Governor, Lieutenant Gov, and Attorney General races, we took back control of the House, and cut down Dem's hold on the Senate down to 21-19, which may flip in the next election. We also got a lot of better people in school board positions. It was a huge win for conservatives in a state that seemed hopelessly lost to Dem control for the foreseeable future.

I'm positive fraud occurred in places, but people were motivated enough that the turnout was enough to overcome any fraud that may have happened. I would love to see rock solid Voter ID laws in place everywhere, from the federal election level on down to elections for local dog catcher, but in the mean time we need every conservative to get out and vote at every opportunity, and motivate those conservatives around you to vote as well!
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I find it pretty amazing that about 50% of the people don't even vote in elections but are the ones that whine the most.  If you're too lazy to take to take a few minutes out of your day to vote, you deserve the shit storm that results.  I make sure I light a fire under my kids to get their asses in and vote (for the right candidates, naturally!)  They for the most part don't need a reminder, but I feel it my civic duty to make sure.  The problem won't go away by itself - it'll just get worse.  The local elections are the ones that have a hard time getting 25% of the people to vote and they are where the problems start - school boards, DA's, Sheriffs, etc.  I just wish the Republicans started playing hardball.  There are a number of them that are just taking up space.  Time for some real conservatives and new blood.  Repub. leadership in Madison if sorrily lacking.
View Quote
The last 2 years should have woken EVERYONE up to how important school board and Sheriff elections are when it comes to ridiculous mandates and policies being pushed down from above.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Local elections are also where the candidates need to be grilled hard on exactly where they stand on issues - no more mindless babble about where they stand.  You're either FOR something or AGAINST it - please answer and explain.  No more Turd Bangstick (rfb45colt referral) tap dances.
Link Posted: 4/28/2022 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Tim Micheals is going to be on Belling today at 4:30pm.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 7:59:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Voting for the lesser of two evils is a losing proposition.....

Link Posted: 4/29/2022 8:56:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Not voting at all is a worse one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not voting at all is a worse one.
View Quote

The ability to choose one's master isn't freedom.

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." -Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." -Thomas Jefferson
View Quote

I like "Democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top