Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2021 11:30:42 PM EDT
I was filling out my CCW renewal online and they requested my Driver license number.  Is this new or do I  not remember it from last time?
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 11:41:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't remember on mine if it was requested, but it's used by the DNR for their on-line Go Wild account.    I believe the DL no. is required for your initial app. though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#2]
It has always been required. They use the DMV database to verify address
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has always been required. They use the DMV database to verify address
View Quote

Correct,  wife just renewed hers and received it within 8 days.
I was surprised it was so quick
Link Posted: 8/25/2021 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Correct,  wife just renewed hers and received it within 8 days.
I was surprised it was so quick
View Quote

8 days? What took so long?
I renewed mine online on a Sunday night after dinner, earlier this month. New license was issued on the next day (Monday), mailed on Tuesday, I had it in my hand on Thursday.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish I could renew online.  The DOJ's software is set up to accept as few as two letters for your first name, and my first name is an initial.  So obviously, I get an error message.  Five years ago the dweeb I talked to at DOJ assured my he'd get that fixed. Guess what, he didn't. So paper application and a check again this time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you just do J.  ?   Two spaces.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a friend that recently applied for the first time. Going on 10 days of "pending", but they also changed their drivers license address the same day (to match their current address and that used for the CCW). Guessing that induced a slight delay.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can you just do J.  ?   Two spaces.
View Quote

Nope, won't accept a period.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 4:25:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Coming up on 2 weeks since I renewed my CCW and nothing in the mail.

Update: I finally received it in the mail today. Renewed 9-18, issued 9-30, received 10-4. Must have been a bunch of procrastinators like myself who renewed around the same time or something, heh.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 7:23:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:22:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Coming up on 2 weeks since I renewed my CCW and nothing in the mail.

Update: I finally received it in the mail today. Renewed 9-18, issued 9-30, received 10-4. Must have been a bunch of procrastinators like myself who renewed around the same time or something, heh.
View Quote

I renewed mine this morning. On the online renewal form it states that "per statute, WI DOJ has 21 calender days to approve or deny any renewal application".  I expect that under Josh Kaul, WI DOJ will take the alloted time "per statute" to issue me my renewed license. Last time I renewed, back in 2017, I had my renewed license in hand 3 days after I submitted the application.
Gary
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I renewed mine this morning. On the online renewal form it states that "per statute, WI DOJ has 21 calender days to approve or deny any renewal application".  I expect that under Josh Kaul, WI DOJ will take the alloted time "per statute" to issue me my renewed license. Last time I renewed, back in 2017, I had my renewed license in hand 3 days after I submitted the application.
Gary
View Quote

I don't think there's any intentional "stalling" going on. I renewed online on a Sunday night, it was issued the very next day on monday, it was postmarked the next day on Tuesday, and it was in my mailbox on Thursday. Maybe I just got a slow period, and others hit on more of an influx of renewals. As the first permits were issued exactly 10 years ago next month, I'd expect there to be a huge amount of 2nd time renewals in September & October. It's why I renewed as soon as I was eligible to back in August... I must've beat the big rush I knew would be there.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 2:00:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#14]
My wife did her renewal today at 3 pm.  I post here when it comes.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got my renewal in about a week from doing it online. I did mine about a month early to the actual expiration date in November, so maybe I avoided the "log jam" effect others have mentioned in the thread.
View Quote

I received my renewed license today. Submitted online application on 10/13/21 and received today, 10/20/21.
Gary
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#16]
I renewed mine, last Sunday, but, haven't received new one yet
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#17]
WISCONSIN DMV ALERT!
Never apply for automobile plates for a new car on the 1st day of the month...wait until the 2nd day. Do it on the 1st day and it reverts to the month before...and your plates will expire in 11 months!!!
Freaking sleazeballs.

Think WISCONSIN does something similar with CCW permits!
Link Posted: 10/24/2021 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Wisconsin CCW expires on the date on the card not on the date you renew.  You do not loose any time by renewing early.  
This has been discussed here and on other boards in the past.
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 8:37:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
WISCONSIN DMV ALERT!
Never apply for automobile plates for a new car on the 1st day of the month...wait until the 2nd day. Do it on the 1st day and it reverts to the month before...and your plates will expire in 11 months!!!
Freaking sleazeballs.

Think WISCONSIN does something similar with CCW permits!
View Quote

When I bought my Ford E250 at the local Ford dealer, it was March 23, 2010. New plates, as I kept my prior work truck, and they expired the following February. ?
So I lost 23 days? Whatever...

Then one month later, we bought a new Malibu at the local Chevy dealer. It was April 22, 2010,  again got new plates because we still had the prior car, and those plates didn't expire until the following April. I actually gained 8 days.

WTF???

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:14:53 PM EDT
[#20]
14 days exactly for my Wife's CCW to get here.    With the same expiration date as the previous one, only in 2026.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 10:43:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I renewed, on-line, and have confirmation from 10/17, but, still haven't actually received a new card yet
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top