Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2021 4:19:42 PM EDT
Why are you allowed to go to the dmv in person for driver license and id cards, but not for a title? I don't get it.
I attempted to get the title I paid for but didn't receive when I registered the bike here. I tried to pay again online to get it, but was denied. I have contacted them online twice now, and still waiting for a response. Every swinging dick in retail has to deal with the public, ALL the public. What makes these people special?
I have the OH title in hand, and will use it before I lose the sale. Fuckers.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 8:38:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:52:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I feel your pain I had the same issue with two vehicles I wanted to title, and they want you to trust the title to the Postal Service.

they tell you is because of Covid but They are sitting right there already open so what’s the big deal
View Quote

It's bullshit, and for some reason I cannot just get it on line. Ohio gave me a title, I still have it. I have no idea why they didn't take the OH one, and issue me one on the spot. Still waiting on an email or call.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like I will be using the OH title. I heard from the DMV, and they said just send in the OH title and we will send you a WI title for free, sorry about our mistake. This will take 4 weeks instead of driving 15 miles, handing the guy my title, and getting a shiny new one in seconds.
My brother (who is buying the bike, and is happy to transfer the OH title) has to make an appointment to have his dot physical renewal entered on his license in FL. Appointments are over a week out, instead of just dropping by.
Thanks China origin virus id-19. If you have anything you are wanting to sell or trade, better find your title or get it squared away.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 6:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I honestly don't understand why titles aren't 100% digital.  In this day and age, we should be able to log in, have some verification and immediately get a confirmation of a title transfer.  I can get all my DNR licenses online, why can't I tell the state of WI that I sold my vehicle and get an instant email acknowledgement?

(In other words, why do we need all those DMV staffers?)
Link Posted: 8/12/2021 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
My understanding: it is because vehicles (conveyances) are considered "real property" under the law, like "real estate."  For normal stuff you have title because you bought it, for real property you need a paper trail.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 9:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Eau Claire DMV is open for business. Just did my Mustang and bike title there last week.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Eau Claire DMV is open for business. Just did my Mustang and bike title there last week.
View Quote

Some DMV’s process titles.

Eau Claire is one & I believe Rice Lake does as well.

Check around your area OP. There might be one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Already in Florida, and we just used the OH title.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top