Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2021 8:23:55 AM EDT
Wisconsin GOP Too Afraid To Fight?
Dear Friend,

It is my sad duty to inform you that the WI GOP is now on hiatus. They ran out the clock and played the people of Wisconsin in the process.  

While there was time to do the right thing and get the Wisconsin Self-Defense and Firearm Freedom Act (WSDFF) authored and introduced as a legislative package, they chose to drag their feet and stonewall WGO.

Here is an overview of where things stand today:

Campus Carry — Rep. Rozar (Has dropped this bill and is now refusing to author it)
   Constitutional Carry — Rep. Schraa (Too afraid to introduce the bill?)
   Stand Your Ground — Rep. Callahan (Has not responded to WGO in months)

Rep. Schraa, Callahan, and Rozar had assured WGO at the beginning of the 2021-22 legislative session that they would be working diligently on this necessary and pertinent legislative package.  

Yet, Schraa’s staffers became dismissive, then hostile after multiple attempts by WGO to inquire about the bill’s status. Rep. Callahan has not answered since the initial talks between him and WGO. Rozar could not be bothered to even give WGO a heads up about her dropping her portion of the legislative package. WGO only ascertained Rozar’s status on the bill after numerous emails and calls.

What’s going on here?  

These self-styled champions of the Second Amendment let weeks and months go by, and nothing happened. Now, the WSDFF Act will lay dormant until the legislature is back in session. I am sure they hope we forget.  

Just to put this into perspective for you, consider the multi-trillion-dollar stimulus that democrats proposed in congress. That MASSIVE legislative package was written one week and introduced the following week.  

So, what is my point?

My point is that lawmakers can move VERY QUICKLY when they want to. Wisconsin Republicans simply don’t want to fight for your gun rights.

You see, when it’s election time and they have their hands out for donations and votes, they always portray themselves as gun rights heroes.  

Yet, when the legislative session begins, so do the games and excuses.  

2A Sanctuary Betrayal

After Evers’ predictable veto, the Republican leadership refused to do everything in their power to pass 2A sanctuary. Sen. Kapenga and Rep. Vos, the legislative majority leaders of the GOP, declined to call for a special session of the legislature and ignored our attempts to contact them.  

A veto override could have very well have been possible if the “pro-2A” Republicans had had the same determination as our opposition. Instead, they opted to “go through the motions” rather than accomplish anything that would protect our rights.  

We have a problem.

Gun grabbers and anti-2A politicians are willing to go the distance to steal our rights, but the weak and ineffectual “pro-2A” Republicans are not willing to stick their necks out to defend those rights.  

They want to do as little as possible, and all they can think of now is sandy beaches and sipping a brandy old-fashioned.  

While We the People face the most severe threat to their Second Amendment rights in generations, the representatives who are supposed to fight for us are out to lunch.

Our solution?  

Double down on our pressure.  

That is why we are asking you to sign the online petition for the WSDFF Act.
Click Here to Sign the Online Petition

Thank You,

Thomas Leager
Executive Director

P.S. — Keep up the excellent work and remember that the online petition gives us the political capital to counter our opposition on both sides. Spread the word in your community, and have your friends do the same. We are keeping the pressure on and holding these public servants accountable. Republican or Democrat, we need to keep reminding them that we are not going to give up. We want our 2A rights protected. If they do not like being called out for bad behavior, they need to cease misbehaving. We are not looking to be in the good ol’ boys club, and we will continue working for the grassroots gun owners who elected these politicians on their 2A promises. We want promises kept, not promises broken.

Wisconsin Gun Owners, Inc. is a 501(c)4  non-profit organization. Donations made to Wisconsin Gun Owners, Inc. are not deductible for income tax purposes.

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:06:51 PM EDT
[#1]
This does not surprise me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 9:24:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Cowards on COVID lockdown and masks, cowards on the election fraud, cowards on 2A Sanctuary...

A theme is developing.
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Republicans will always be nothing better than the lesser of two evils.

As for the veto override not happening, it wouldn't have a chance anyway. Politicians vote the party line, ALWAYS. Although, their duty is to support what the majority of their constituents elected them to support, not what the party's partisan stance is. But... towing the party line is the way it is, and the way it always will be.... until We The People wise up, and outlaw political parties and their financial schemes (campaign fundraising) and enact "one and you're done" term limits in ALL offices. They're supposed to be the representatives of We The People... not "Them The Party". All they care about after getting in office is getting re-elected... so the gravy train can continue. That's what the "party" does for them, so they're beholding to it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 10:30:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Republicans are 95% useless, making the 5% irrelevant.  The two-party system is a sham.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

------- PRE-WRITTEN LETTER ------------

Dear ,  

Wisconsin Gun Owners, Inc. (WGO) has brought to my attention that Republican leadership has failed to do everything in its power to ensure the passage of 2A Sanctuary in Wisconsin, and several representatives in the assembly appear to be stonewalling WGO on the introduction of the Wisconsin Self-Defense and Firearm Freedom Act.  

After Evers’ veto of AB293/2A Sanctuary protections, there was an opportunity to call a special session and attempt an override vote. These protections would have provided safety and relief from the extreme federal overreach that threatens Wisconsin residents. Yet, it seems this was not important to those who proclaim themselves champions of the Second Amendment.

As a constituent, I expect you to work with WGO to restore the Second Amendment. I do not wish to hear more empty promises or excuses. Stop playing games. And get back to work on WSDFF and use ALL resources at your disposal to get 2A Sanctuary protections passed.

Lastly, please inform Thomas Leager of Wisconsin Gun Owners, Inc. on where the Wisconsin GOP plans to go from here and how WGO can work with you to help get results for gun owners in Wisconsin. WGO will keep me informed on this issue.    

Thank You.  

Sincerely,  

[Name]  
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I've called WGO, and hopefully they get back to me.

This shit has me pretty pissed, and I've called Callahan several times, with no response. Seems to be a theme with him.

So, since I know Rob Swearingen personally, as well as Mary Felzkowski, I've contacted both of them to put some pressure on Callahan. I'm not putting up with some kid from Tomahawk throwing the rest of us under the bus.

I can make a lot waves for him in Oneida and Langlade Counties, and will do so, if he tries to squirm out of this issue.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you much.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 9:41:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you much.
View Quote

@9divdoc

I spoke with my State Senator, Mary Felzkowski this morning. She was somewhat shocked and irritated to hear that Callahan seems to be dropping the ball, and agreed to contact him this morning.

I said that I understand the futility of some of the proposals, so long as Evers is in office, but I prefer that our representative's keep the promises they made to get elected. She agreed wholeheartedly.

I also said if he doesn't get his shit together, I'd mobilize whatever support I could in Oneida and Langlade Counties to oppose him.

We'll see if he calls me today or tomorrow, lol.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@9divdoc

I spoke with my State Senator, Mary Felzkowski this morning. She was somewhat shocked and irritated to hear that Callahan seems to be dropping the ball, and agreed to contact him this morning.

I said that I understand the futility of some of the proposals, so long as Evers is in office, but I prefer that our representative's keep the promises they made to get elected. She agreed wholeheartedly.

I also said if he doesn't get his shit together, I'd mobilize whatever support I could in Oneida and Langlade Counties to oppose him.

We'll see if he calls me today or tomorrow, lol.
View Quote

Hope to be back up in Oneida soon so I can vote there again...going to look at a property next week...

'again thanks for getting with your state rep...will do the same again with mine down here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#10]
@9divdoc

I got a call from Callahan this morning. He was awful apologetic, lol.

I tried to be polite, but firm. His explanation regarding the current strategy on the bill made sense to me, with the knowledge that no matter when the bill's are presented they will get vetoed.

I'm of the mind to give him the months he asked me for, and see what he does with it. If he fails to keep his word, rest assured I will hold him to his promises. I don't want to burn some bridges unless I absolutely have to.

Our current congressman has quite an intense dislike of me, so I'd prefer to avoid pissing off anyone I don't have to, lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top