Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2021 7:53:00 PM EDT
I'm going to a Brewers game soon and was wondering are there any bars/restaurants around the stadium?  The map I saw just looked like parking lots.
I'm staying in the area by the Harley Davidson museum. Is it better to drive to the game or is there some public transportation?

So far the plan is the game, then the next day the HD museum and the Milwaukee Art Museum. I will have a car, any other places?

I do plan on some breweries.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 11:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Well to start there was this thread here earlier this year. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Must-try-food-in-Milwaukee/21-654067/

As to get to the game, I personally drive there and try to tailgate and will be there this Saturday if that is your game. I know many others who will patronize on of large multitude of local drinking establishments and will ride there shuttle busses to and from the game. Found a link in the local bird cage liner. https://www.jsonline.com/story/entertainment/events/2021/03/23/bars-restaurants-have-brewers-game-shuttles-2021/6969275002/ If Iron Horse then Steny's or O'Lydias are nearby.

Places to visit, I got kids so my adult knowledge is scarce there though Teh Safe House is interesting for at least one visit.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I would drive. There are a lot of good restaurants in Wauwatosa / Brookfield. Then it's a few min drive to 175 and you are at the stadium. If you want cheap Italian, fancy Italian, French, German, etc... there are good places. Just expect if you drive you will spend a lot of time usually leaving the parking lot (10-20min).

ETA: mindless1 has good advice too.
ETA2: There are good restaurants in that area of Milwaukee too. I prefer near Wisconsin avenue where it runs into the lake and heads north. Just be careful some places don't open until 5pm or so.
Link Posted: 7/7/2021 7:18:11 AM EDT
[#3]
find bar with shuttle
get drank on/eat before you go
drank on bus
get dropped off and enjoy game
get free ride back
drank at bar
profit!
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#4]
sazas
close enough to the stadium and does shuttles.... or they used to
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Miller Park is located in a barren wasteland unlike most new baseball stadiums that are placed in entertainment districts.

A lot of people get trashed tailgating. There are a number of bars on Bluemound with shuttles. Here's a recent list I found https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/brewers-shuttles
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sazas
close enough to the stadium and does shuttles.... or they used to
View Quote

You probably mean Saz's.

,,,and the address is on this page.

I haven't been there in a few years but the food was always good.

ETA:  BTW, if you're staying at the Iron Horse their food is good too, as is the food at the HD museum.

Enjoy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top