Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2021 6:43:33 PM EDT
And you best not say hotdogs, hamburgers, or brats....that's not bbq, that is grilling.

Me, 14 lbs. of waygu brisket goodness:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing in the smoker, but I did do a reverse sear on some thick ribeyes for my parents tonight.

My dad bitched about how long it took (he’s more of a “turn it on high and let it rip” type) but he admitted they turned out well and that he’d try it again sometime.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing in the smoker, but I did do a reverse sear on some thick ribeyes for my parents tonight.

My dad bitched about how long it took (he's more of a "turn it on high and let it rip" type) but he admitted they turned out well and that he'd try it again sometime.
View Quote
I know a lot of people like that. My philosophy is that if I'm going to make steak, I'm making it taste the best I fucking can. I love going to a place where you grill your own like Prime Quarter in GB and watch how people grill a steak. Throw it raw on the hottest flame, smash the juices out of it while trying to make it "cook faster". Fuckers are in and out the grill in less than 5 mins ..... meanwhile I'll be there for 20-30 mins slow cooking mine and my wife's for a reverse seared drinking whiskey and eating Texas toast
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably nothing. I'm working today and the wife is on call tomorrow. I'll probably end up smoking some stuff in the middle of the week as I generally don't need an excuse to smoke some meat.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 2:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]
No smoking this weekend. Did some Boudin for breakfast, and probably will do more tomorrow morning.

I've got some bacon/cheddar smoked pork sausage for dinner tonight, and doing burgers tomorrow. Homemade onion-jam and Bacon-jam, with a little Mindoro-Blue cheese.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Fuckers are in and out the grill in less than 5 mins ..... meanwhile I'll be there for 20-30 mins slow cooking mine and my wife's for a reverse seared drinking whiskey and eating Texas toast
View Quote

And to think I thought I've been doing it wrong taking so long at Prime Quarter.

BTW Janesvilles reopens in sept.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I know a lot of people like that. My philosophy is that if I'm going to make steak, I'm making it taste the best I fucking can. I love going to a place where you grill your own like Prime Quarter in GB and watch how people grill a steak. Throw it raw on the hottest flame, smash the juices out of it while trying to make it "cook faster". Fuckers are in and out the grill in less than 5 mins ..... meanwhile I'll be there for 20-30 mins slow cooking mine and my wife's for a reverse seared drinking whiskey and eating Texas toast
View Quote

He and I were out in the driveway by the grill while he was giving me shit about how long it was taking. I told him “it’s 70 degrees, we have a fridge full of beer in the garage, and absolutely nowhere else to be.”

I was just glad when he admitted it turned out better than his do
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#7]
No BBQ, Lou down at the diggs takes care of that.
Sipping on a Potosi brewed cream ale.
Attachment Attached File

Gonna drive down to the handicap fishing and kayak launch later and watch fireworks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 8:19:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm currently about 3.5 hours into smoking two pork butts, so with a little luck we'll have pulled pork sandwiches for supper.
Link Posted: 7/6/2021 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Had slow hickory smoked hot Italian sausages
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top