Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2021 5:15:04 PM EDT
Like it says--2 days in Madison next weekend--any must do's or must eats?  
And I want a piece of damn cheesecake somewhere!!
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#1]
See if you can find somebody there who thinks they're morally superior and smarter than average.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 6:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
That would exclude no one.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't make any recommendations as I've never been there, but I hope you have a good visit in our state!
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:23:04 AM EDT
[#4]
That’s 2 days too long.

Link Posted: 6/7/2021 6:34:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Find the Great Dane good food good beer. They have a couple locations. I prefer the Fitchburg location.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 9:20:12 AM EDT
[#6]
There is a good veteran's museum. Unfortunately it looks like it is still closed.

https://wisvetsmuseum.com/
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I've only been there 3 times, and two times it was to attend legislative committee hearings on a CCW bill. The 3rd was to testify, as a witness, before a fed grand jury. So all I did was visit govt buildings and GTFO of there asap.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Kids/wife in tow?

What sort of stuff do you like, besides cheesecake?  (There is a Cheesecake Factory on the West side at the mall.)

You are going to be flying or driving?  What part of town are you staying in?
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
State St for bars and night life with college kids.  That and the Capitol is beautiful.  Other than that...   Libtards that will just piss you off.  

https://www.portabellarest.com/ has good food.  I like State Street Brats too.  
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 11:05:07 PM EDT
[#10]
El Pastor….if you don’t like the taco loco, you’re gay.  And the owners are good people.

Breweries abound, Karben 4 supports my kids private school, so I support them.  New Glarus beer is made by commie faggots, so…..

Naples 15 is good, but very spendy, so Novanta for wood fired pizza.

Thirsty Goat….not great, solid bar foodesque smokehouseish.  And the wait staff aren’t wearing masks like most.   Also Foggy Geezer on tap!

Merchant and Lucille’s if near the square is your vibe

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 1:24:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a good veteran's museum. Unfortunately it looks like it is still closed.

https://wisvetsmuseum.com/
View Quote

^^^^^^ This, if its open.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
El Pastor.if you don't like the taco loco, you're gay.  And the owners are good people.

View Quote
I used to do pest control there. Staff was always nice.

The Henry Vilas Zoo is a pretty nice place.

Warning about West Towne Mall. Lots of hood rats like to roam the lot and around the food court.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#13]
The Old Fashioned on the Capitol square is one of my favorite places. Excellent cheese curds and they have a wide variety of Old Fashioneds on the menu that reflect the various kinds found throughout the state.

Memorial Union Terrace is also an awesome place, we used to go there and get pitchers from the Rathskeller after class on Thursdays.

The UW campus itself near Memorial Union, Bascom Hill, and the Lakeshore area is really nice. Babcock Dairy Store is on campus, ice cream is made from the on-campus dairy farm.

I know everyone likes to knock it here, but I really enjoyed my time in Madison. Geography of the city is cool with the Capitol sitting on the isthmus, and the college life there was…something else. I loved it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I know it's too late at this point, but Beef Butter BBQ on Northport is a must eat.  

Maybe next time you have to visit the asshole of Wisconsin, you can try that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top