Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2021 12:08:25 PM EDT
FYI.... I came across this from Minocqua Brewing on the book of faces. Just sharing the first part in screen cap.   Feel free to visit their page if you want more.

They latched their product to politics, so I guess I can let my politics determine my choice to buy or not buy.  For those of you like minded here, you may want to encourage your retailers to not support these guys.

Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The turd that owns that business was a classmate of one of my sons.  He's an ultra-lib and pretty much a douche - what would you expect from a Harvard grad.  Not much of a businessman, so I doubt if this place will be around long.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Some shitty brewery came out with a biden beer and kamala beer (spelled ", la"). The liberals were tripping over themselves to spend like $20 or 30 of a 4 pack of it. You can also add New Glarus brewery to that list. I wish people would shut up and not inject politics into everything they do.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
His name is Kirk Bangstead. Be owns Minocqua Brewery and "Biden Beer" is his.  He ran for 34th district Assembly last fall...and got his ass kicked by about 66-33%.

Back then I was still on Facebook (closed my account in January) and politely asked him his stance on the 2nd Amendment prior to election day. Over and over I asked.  A friend of mine from St Germain jumped in and did so too, backing me up. He refused to answer any of our questions.

He's a BiG anti-gunner, but tried to hide that fact in his campaign.  I kept hounding him on his campaign page and his brewery page about his anti-gun stance, which is political death in the northwoods. He blocked me from both pages...said I was "an annoyance".  I started calling him "Bangstick" instead of Bangstead.

He's probably the most hated liberal asshole in the northwoods.. after Jim Doyle. Even more so than "taxing Tony". I don't know a single local person who will set foot in his brewery or attached restaurant. All his clientele are vacationing libtards from the south.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Potosi is good to go, right? I rarely ever drink, but when I want a beer, I usually buy theirs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
His name is Kirk Bangstead. Be owns Minocqua Brewery and "Biden Beer" is his.  He ran for 34th district Assembly last fall...and got his ass kicked by about 66-33%.

Back then I was still on Facebook (closed my account in January) and politely asked him his stance on the 2nd Amendment prior to election day. Over and over I asked.  A friend of mine from St Germain jumped in and did so too, backing me up. He refused to answer any of our questions.

He's a BiG anti-gunner, but tried to hide that fact in his campaign.  I kept hounding him on his campaign page and his brewery page about his anti-gun stance, which is political death in the northwoods. He blocked me from both pages...said I was "an annoyance".  I started calling him "Bangstick" instead of Bangstead.

He's probably the most hated liberal asshole in the northwoods.. after Jim Doyle. Even more so than "taxing Tony". I don't know a single local person who will set foot in his brewery or attached restaurant. All his clientele are vacationing libtards from the south.
View Quote

Yeah, Bangstad is a tool-bag. No chance in hell he was going to beat Rob. He even managed to piss off some of the lefties in Minocqua with his COVID bullshit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 2:58:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm drawing a blank right now, but when I had Facebook/Instagram, I kept getting ads for some commie group supposedly from northern WI that used #northwoods. I wonder if this guy is part of it.

I thought the northern part of WI was pretty solid. I might have to revisit Northern Idaho as a relocation destination.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:00:32 AM EDT
[#7]
I would say most of the area is solid with the usual exceptions. Rhinelander and Minocqua both have mixed bag of voters with strong teachers union representation. Minocqua has been mostly non-resident landowners from down state and out of state dependent on the seasonal tourism. That seems to be transitioning. I got the impression that Covid drove a lot of people from the cities up this way. Lots of new homes, 4 season remodels, and school enrollments were up. I don't know that I would have ever seen Minocqua as a conservative go-to location.

Just my. 02, YMMV
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would say most of the area is solid with the usual exceptions. Rhinelander and Minocqua both have mixed bag of voters with strong teachers union representation. Minocqua has been mostly non-resident landowners from down state and out of state dependent on the seasonal tourism. That seems to be transitioning. I got the impression that Covid drove a lot of people from the cities up this way. Lots of new homes, 4 season remodels, and school enrollments were up. I don't know that I would have ever seen Minocqua as a conservative go-to location.

Just my. 02, YMMV
View Quote

I've been here 30 years. The city of Rhinelander has always had it's share of Dems, but they were (and still are, AFAIK) a minority that wouldn't even be noticed if they didn't stick out like a snowball in a pile of coal. Until recently, politics was never much of an issue. It's loudmouths like Bangstick that are the biggest problem. In Vilas county, most local races are decided in the Republican primaries, as there's hardly ever a Dem challenger foolish enough to enter a race.  

As for people from cities being driven up north by covid, that's not the reality. it's not covid driving them. I've dealt with a bunch of them as customers over last summer and fall, until the housing market dried up totally (more on that below). Most were not fleeing the cities themselves, but the closer-in suburbs. They aren't fleeing covid, as much as they are fleeing the civil unrest and crime caused by BLM and the "defund the police" liberal idiots. They're afraid of more riots, spilling into their suburban neighborhoods. They've been for the most part, conservative leaning folks who have gotten to that final straw that broke the camel, and decided it was GTFO time. One of the first questions I've been asked by a good portion of new homeowners transplanted from down south are "are there any good gun shops around here?"...and "where do you go for ammo around here?" "Where's the nearest shooting range?"

As for the housing market... LOL, what market? I have never seen it like this in my 3 decades in Vilas County. Homes get sold the day they get listed, and for MORE than asking price. My granddaughter, who rents a house in Woodruff, wants to buy her own home. She and her husband, and 1 year old son, cannot find anything to even look at in the $150,000-200,000 range. In fact, there isn't much of anything available here now under a $500,000^ waterfront property. Plenty of vacant lots to build on, that are for sale. But most local contractors are booked up for YEARS.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like he's only interested in reaching "progressive" customers.

There's plenty of other (and better) choices out there for what he's peddling.  But yeah, if they want to tie politics with their products I'll make my choice accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Potosi is good to go, right? I rarely ever drink, but when I want a beer, I usually buy theirs.
View Quote

Yes Potosi is good to go.

They are ran by a board or something if I recall.  
Story time.

During Obama's reign, I ran into I think a board member. Had the Potosi trailer, the whole bit. I began to talk with him about how the owner of New Glarus Brewery went to the State of the Union address and sat next to Michelle. He corrected me with her exact spot. I had to chuckle. He advised they were the complete opposite.  Good enough for me. I try to buy their beer now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Story time.

During Obama's reign, I ran into I think a board member. Had the Potosi trailer, the whole bit. I began to talk with him about how the owner of New Glarus Brewery went to the State of the Union address and sat next to Michelle. He corrected me with her exact spot. I had to chuckle. He advised they were the complete opposite.  Good enough for me. I try to buy their beer now.
View Quote

Thanks! I know they give to charity, but they are quiet about politics and who they give to.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Story time.

View Quote

Good to know about Potosi. I'm not a beer drinker... I prefer Jose Cuervo or Knob Creek Smoked Maple bourbon. When I do drink beer, it's usually Leinies. But my sister & bro-in-law are big time beer drinkers. They've lived in FL for the past 15 years, and recently bought a summer home, up nort' in St Germain. When I was there the 1st time, I saw them drinking New Glarus... told them about the liberal bias of the owner. They haven't bought any since.

Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:15:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Was Bangstead the one crying about a village ordinance about the size of a political sign?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:29:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Was Bangstead the one crying about a village ordinance about the size of a political sign?
View Quote

Yup. He openly defied it. Clearly non-conforming to the long standing ordinance. He had a huge custom made Biden-Harris sign (more like a flag) covering the front of the brewery. He was fined for it, by the day, and started a fundraiser in which libtards donated to pay the fine. He finally took it down when the free money dried up.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top