Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2021 11:15:21 AM EDT
There is a job that I interested in located in Germantown, WI.  It is getting kinda close to Milwaukee for me but it pays well and Germantown seems to be a decent suburb? Do Milwaukees problems overflow there or what else should I know to make me run away from even thinking about it.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:36:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Germantown is great. Half of it is farm fields. The southside and along the freeway are the busy areas. It has everything, restaurants, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Menards, etc. It's near a few gun ranges and gun shops.
Edited to say Germantown does not have the kind or volume of crime that Milwaukee has. Also, there is a Fleet Farm there.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I live in what is considered a "good" part of Milwaukee. I have good neighbors, little residential traffic, and yet I would move to Germantown in a heartbeat if I had the means to do so. There are very nice, quiet places you could situate yourself while still being "in Germantown." Its all relative to where you'd be coming from.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I have worked in G'town for 20 years and would not hesitate to raise a family here. Send me your contact info if you would like to know more.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
If you would like to be a bit farther away from Milwaukee proper, it is easy to work in Germantown and live in Lake Country in Waukesha County (next county over and one of the most conservative areas in the state). The Holy Hill area (just north of Lake Country and home to Cabelas) is also an easy drive to Germantown.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Germantown is a great area.  I've sold properties there and have family in the G-Town area.

However, I-41 and Appleton Avenue are easy avenues for some of the interesting problems just SE of G-Town in Milwaukee.  Straight south, I can tell you that folks I know in Menomonee Falls and Butler (including some officers) are complaining of the same issues crossing over the county lines.

Not sure of your budget.  Washington County (where Germantown is located) is getting expensive.  Waukesha County (Menomonee Falls / "The Falls," Butler, and plenty more) has never been cheap.  I'd recommend avoiding the SE corner/area of G-Town just to be farther from the trouble.  It's NOT that Germantown itself is trouble; it's what crosses over the border.  Other options include the Falls, Lannon, Sussex, Thiensville (in Ozaukee County), Lisbon, Hubertus, and Slinger.  Butler will be the cheapest.  Jackson has a pipeline burst nearly a decade ago with a lot of wells contaminated.  I think that has been fully addressed, but it carries a stigma in some circles.  If you have a better bank roll, Pewaukee, Lisbon, Mequon, Richfield, Colgate, Cedarburg, Brookfield, and Elm Grove might be options.

Where in AZ are you located?  I lived in Gold Canyon off Kings Ranch and miss it out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top