Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2021 4:01:41 PM EDT
Wisconsin has a linked repeater net, WE9COM that allows folks to communicate in a large part of the state. I was talking to @cjk this afternoon, me in Benton, and I believe he is in Watertown area. @EllisWyatt has the capabilities to hit the network for sure. The network is amazingly quiet, not much use, and since it is partially funded by the state we may as well make use of it.
There is a weather net I hear on the weekend, but really not much day to day.
Just curious how many here would be interested in getting an ARFnet started. Having regional (statewide) comms could be a handy thing to have.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice chatting with you today.
I could be free most any afternoon or early evening.
https://wecomm.org/index.php/wecommvoice
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 10:21:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but is this something you have to have a license for?
View Quote

Yes.

I'd be in if there was a repeater in my area.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pardon my lack of knowledge, but is this something you have to have a license for?
View Quote

Yes, a ham license. If you were to use hamstudy.org on your phone, and studied while you were taking a shit, you could pass after a week or so. The license is free for now, but usually a 15.00 fee from the examiners. 6 year olds have passed the technican's test, it is really easy.

This map shows the coverage from the linked repeaters, most of the state has coverage. There is another group of repeaters, the Wisc interstate network, that are connected as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Just passed my Tech exam tonight.

Now I need to get my ham shack set up so I can get on the air.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:13:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Congratulations!
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wisconsin has a linked repeater net, WE9COM that allows folks to communicate in a large part of the state. I was talking to @cjk this afternoon, me in Benton, and I believe he is in Watertown area. @EllisWyatt has the capabilities to hit the network for sure. The network is amazingly quiet, not much use, and since it is partially funded by the state we may as well make use of it.
There is a weather net I hear on the weekend, but really not much day to day.
Just curious how many here would be interested in getting an ARFnet started. Having regional (statewide) comms could be a handy thing to have.
View Quote

Badger weather net is every day between 5:45 and 7:15a. The HF band is 3.894 and they fail back to we9com if the band isn't open. (I checkin on that daily) Very friendly bunch and have certainly helped me find my voice. . The only other net I've heard on we9com is the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7p the salvation army emergency network meets. I usually have the radio tuned to We9com or Monroe at the end of the work day I'm up for an Arfcom net.
I just upgraded the dual band in the shack to an ftm-300 dr so I have much more power reaching out. I can get to the n9gmt repeater network on the Baraboo bluffs or Madison now. That system seems to be statewide as well.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I can hit Coloma with no issues, just not on all that much lately.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#10]
6:16 cst just called out on we9com
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
6:16 cst just called out on we9com
View Quote

Missed you. I was listening from 1:45 to about 4.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Congratulations!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congratulations!

Thank you.

I'm now preparing for my General license so I can open up that 20 meter band.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone on the air tonight in the we9com system?  
I will be checking in to a couple nets and listening to 2 meters tonight.
PM me with a call sign and a freq/net
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 5:00:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ll be on the we9com network for the next couple hours if any one is on air this afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry I missed you yesterday, the wife has been pretty sick the last few days, haven't been listening. I have the radio scanning today, and should hear if anyone is calling.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sorry I missed you yesterday, the wife has been pretty sick the last few days, haven't been listening. I have the radio scanning today, and should hear if anyone is calling.
View Quote

I was wondering, I called out and had a really scratchy response from someone but couldn't pull the info out. I'll keep trying.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:33:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I will be scanning again today (wed) if anyone is free. We are waiting on a covid test result, so won't be going anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:59:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Test came back negative, just the regular flu. Wish it was covid so we had the antibodies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top