Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2021 6:50:15 PM EDT
I had to go to Waukesha Memorial Hospital today.  I was told to use the east entrance and park in the east parking structure and go into the Professinal office building on the east side of the Hospital.
1. There is no east entrance on the hospital.
2.There is no east parking Structure.
3. There is no office building on the east side of the hospital.

The east entrance is on the north side of the Hospital.
The parking structure is on the north side of the building with the entrance on the west side and the exit on the south side.
The office building is part of the hospital not a separate building.  You do go east once you go in the east entrance on the northside of the building.

I have worked in Waukesha for 40 yrs.   I am still finding stupid things with that town.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:24:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate driving around Waukesha
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:43:43 AM EDT
[#2]
There is no such thing as a logical way to navigate Waukesha.  I'm glad the bypass is done.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:23:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Every time I get turned around in that town, I get slapt with a One-way sign.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Leaving the south exit of the east parking structure there is a one way sign telling you to west.  I came real close to ignoring the sign because the road I needed to be on was closer east that all the way around the block to the west.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Leaving the south exit of the east parking structure there is a one way sign telling you to west.  I came real close to ignoring the sign because the road I needed to be on was closer east that all the way around the block to the west.
View Quote

This is how that town was populated. No one could get back out.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:02:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Waukesha is certainly goofy.  Madison is stupid too.  The former mayor once said "Madison has the nation's best system of one-way streets" (or something similar) which is a polite way of saying that the whole city is screwed up.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 1:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]
My eye doctor is in Waukesha. If I didn't know better, I'd swear his building moves because half the time I go, I wind up on some one-way street I haven't seen before.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Woodman's and Discount Liquor are the only places I have any reason to travel that far east, and I try to avoid doing so as much as possible.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Only took me 33 years to get the hang of it, but still when you get in the belly of the beast it is easy to get f$%ked up
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 4:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Woodman's and Discount Liquor are the only places I have any reason to travel that far east, and I try to avoid doing so as much as possible.  
View Quote

Fletchers too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top