Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2021 1:33:03 PM EDT

my parents said a person identifying as police came to the house yesterday on the 13th around 6-7pm asking if their alarm went off. Who lived there and if all were accounted for or if the neighbors have an alarm. So of of course now the possible fake cop knows who in the area has or does not have an alarm and how many people live there. My dad said it looked like a police car and thought he was in some sort of uniform. My parents are elderly and I have been trying to get them to move to my property but need an addition (frickin  country zoning guy never returns my calls but that is another story). I'm a quite a bit worried now

I called Kenosha sheriffs office (only LEO that patrols in the area by my parents) after my parents told  us and no such calls or reports from them or their deputies.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as the zoning guy goes. Pay a visit to the zoning office and talk to him personally.  Say in the office you were tired of calling and never getting a call back.

It worked for me.  I never had a call back issue after that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 8:44:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Have a few buddies that have farms in Brighton, and know a couple of deputies.
I'll make some calls today to see what's up.
Was it an actual car? Or an explorer or F-150?
Don't recall to many cars patrolling Brighton.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Have a few buddies that have farms in Brighton, and know a couple of deputies.
I'll make some calls today to see what's up.
Was it an actual car? Or an explorer or F-150?
Don't recall to many cars patrolling Brighton.
View Quote

Thanks!

My dad said a white guy in his 50’s that looked like he had a patrol car.(it was dark)  Said guy looked like he had some kind of uniform

Quoted:
As far as the zoning guy goes. Pay a visit to the zoning office and talk to him personally.  Say in the office you were tired of calling and never getting a call back.

It worked for me.  I never had a call back issue after that.
View Quote

I will have to try that

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top