Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2021 11:28:51 PM EDT
WTF.  You mean to tell me there aren't enough hospitals or clinics in the state to handle this?  What about National Guard Armories?  I wonder how much this is going to cost the taxpayers?  Any bets someone is getting a little payoff under the table?  Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions.  Maybe the logistics of storing the vaccine and doing the admin. part would be better handled by a separate entity.  Maybe the costs would be  
comparable.  I'd bet that anyone living in the northern half of the state will end up driving 2 hrs. to get to one, though.

Vaccination Sites
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 10:31:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Ascension Healthcare is giving vaccinations in our area. They have locations in Wausau, Merrill, Woodruff, Rhinelander, Eagle River, and others.

I'm only 4 miles from an Ascension clinic... but since my wife and I have already had covid (she tested positive, I didn't test), we don't know if we'll be getting vaccinations or not.

https://healthcare.ascension.org/

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I originally decided I wasn't going to get it, but my wife is concerned because of a heart condition and diabetes.  She goes in today and I figured what the hell, if it makes her feel better I'll go and get stuck on Thurs.  It put her mind at ease anyway.  We're getting our shots at the Publix pharmacy here in FL.    What I don't understand is they had a year to get their crap together and formulate a plan for when the vaccine became available.  So Evers sits on his thumb for that long and now it's a mad scramble for him?  Either he's a moron, the people around him are morons or a combination of the two.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]
A combination of the two would be a good bet. There are plenty of places to get the shot around around here in North Eastern WI. Bellin Health is our local provider even though the clinic in Michigan it's available to those who want it.

That turd knows not what he's doing and the sooner flushed the better.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 1:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I was reading last week that Wisconsin was severely lagging behind all other midwestern states with regard to vaccination numbers.  Evers stupid plan isn't working quickly or efficiently.  You mentioned you were in FL right now.  You're lucky.  By comparison, last week I was reading that FL is approaching vaccinations of 50,000 people a day.  Last week the reported numbers of total people vaccinated in WI was only at 260,000+/-.  That's pretty awful considering how long they've been at it.  A spokesperson for Evers said vaccine supply was the reason the vaccination rate was so slow.  They're plumb full of shit.  Their incompetency is the reason it's so slow.  They were given a half million doses, of which, they had only been able to use half of after almost a month.

They should have used those overflow hospitals they built, which are currently sitting empty, to have large scale vaccination sites to those who want the vaccine.  Sign up for a slot, go get vaccinated.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
You are making the assumption that people want the shots.   One story last week said people were not showing up at the sites.    Another story said the number of people wanting the shots have dropped from 70% to 52% in the last month and a half.
Pro Health in south eastern Wisconsin said their facilities were not going to be giving the shots.  They were going to get a central location and force hundreds of people a day through that location.
Just what I want to do,  go some place I have never been and be put in a large crowd of strangers (what could go wrong?)  to get a shot for a highly contagious disease that will have virtually no impact on 99.97% of the population.
Then the side effects of convulsions and permit brain damage.   Good idea.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I originally decided I wasn't going to get it, but my wife is concerned because of a heart condition and diabetes.  She goes in today and I figured what the hell, if it makes her feel better I'll go and get stuck on Thurs.  It put her mind at ease anyway.  We're getting our shots at the Publix pharmacy here in FL.    What I don't understand is they had a year to get their crap together and formulate a plan for when the vaccine became available.  So Evers sits on his thumb for that long and now it's a mad scramble for him?  Either he's a moron, the people around him are morons or a combination of the two.
View Quote

My sister and bro-in-law are in Naples, FL (in winter, St Germain in summer). They got theirs over a month ago.  His sister is an E.R. nurse, and his mom is down there too ..she's 93. They got vaccinated to protect his mom. No side effects.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:19:37 PM EDT
[#7]
MIL (81), had it back in December with zero issues.
She came out of  Woodruff to be with her daughter,  and thinks she's better off staying there.  
Talking to professionals here, they actually told her not to get the shot.

On a lighter note,  I'm  trying to get her to give antibody plasma...
She's a tough girl!
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 12:19:44 AM EDT
[#8]
One professional says masks help, another professional says they don't do shit, another says they do more harm than good.  One professional says don't get vaccinated, another says to get vaccinated.  What the hell - no wonder people are just throwing their hands up and saying screw them all.  I figure it's another vaccine for another flu.  It doesn't guarantee you won't get the Chinese bat fever, but maybe it will limit the severity if you do.  I'm still not wearing the frickin' masks though.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 1:50:43 AM EDT
[#9]
The cancer clinic my wife goes to said to get the first shot but wait and talk to her oncologist before getting the second shot.
We see the Dr. in March and plan on talking to him at that time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:03:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my second shot last week. I haven't grown a second dick or turned into a zombie.....yet. Will keep you posted.

The second shot is definitely worse than the first.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Told my wife I didn't want to get the shot because I might end up with a 2nd johnson growing out of my navel.  She said  "... and the problem with that would be ....  ?".  Had the 1st one yesterday, so we'll see.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got my second shot last week. I haven't grown a second dick or turned into a zombie.....yet. Will keep you posted.

View Quote
@NAM

I'm curious about the second shot being worse than the first.  How was it worse....pain, swelling, etc.?  I just took my Dad to get his first shot a few days ago and I am wondering what to keep an eye on with the second shot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Ebers doesn't have a brain so that's out. The fart thing is obvious cause he's a big ass.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:28:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Read this thread carefully.
mRNA problems.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Untested experimental gene therapy (not a vaccine) that offers no benefit and has resulted in mass die offs of lab animals due to compromising the immune system? Yeah, I'll pass.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm not an expert in any field (It does appear, however, that the Arfcom forum is loaded with medical experts), so when I have a desire to have my questions answered, I tend to go to people who know more about things than I do.  Two of my sisters are RN's.  One is still working.  She said that all the doctors she works with have told her that they were getting vaccinated.  Granted, they don't work in some biolab somewhere, but in my opinion, they know a hell of a lot more than I do about medicine. So I'll defer to their training and expertise and leave others to make their life decisions on info from the interweb.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:33:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Do your own research, there are plenty of resource sites that the information you need.  
Do you really need a shot for a illness that will only hurt 0.03% of the population?  Come on Man.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Here is more from the cdc
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7007e1.htm

“Other studies found that knotting and tucking a medical procedure mask or placing a sleeve made of sheer nylon hosiery material around the neck and pulling it up over either a cloth or medical procedure mask (3,4) also significantly improved the wearer’s protection by fitting the mask more tightly to the wearer’s face and reducing edge gaps.”

Lets go guys walk around with panty hose over your face.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/deaths-of-elderly-who-recovered-from-covid-19-but-died-after-vaccine-raise-questions_3692259.html

Elderly diyng after the covid shot.

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@NAM

I'm curious about the second shot being worse than the first.  How was it worse....pain, swelling, etc.?  I just took my Dad to get his first shot a few days ago and I am wondering what to keep an eye on with the second shot.
View Quote

The second shot triggers an immune response. Everyone I've talked to was sick between 12-36 hours after that second one. Aches, exhaustion, fever/chills, etc. Injection site is usually tender/sore for a few days.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The second shot triggers an immune response. Everyone I've talked to was sick between 12-36 hours after that second one. Aches, exhaustion, fever/chills, etc. Injection site is usually tender/sore for a few days.
View Quote

Exact symptoms my wife and I had. Her fever was lower than 100, I didn't have one at all, but had those other symptoms for about 1 day.

But we didn't get the vaccine, we got the virus. She tested positive 7 days later, 5 days after symptoms were gone. I didn't get tested, she was the link to people at her job who had it a few days before her.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Do your own research, there are plenty of resource sites that the information you need.  
Do you really need a shot for a illness that will only hurt 0.03% of the population?  Come on Man.
View Quote

I assume InfoWars is one of your resource sites?
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I assume InfoWars is one of your resource sites?
View Quote

No I have never been to infowars.

A lot is on the CDC website, you just have to look for it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:21:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No I have never been to infowars.

A lot is on the CDC website, you just have to look for it.
View Quote
He won't look for it. Trauma-based mind control. The Soviets perfected it. If you blast someone with non-stop media lies for two months, they are likely to take on whatever you are telling them as truth and from that point on no amount of evidence can change their mind.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 11:23:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Here is a interesting news story.

CDC changes definition of death
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:56:41 AM EDT
[#25]
As I said earlier, the primary reason I decided to get the shot is to put my wifes mind at ease.  I don't believe much if any of the "info" put out by either conviction about the vaccine,and I sure don't take the CDC's word as gospel, so why would I listen to the tin hat brigade?  Some people are starting to sound like the Dems - "if you don't believe as I do, you're wrong".  This is pretty much a personal decision, so why get your undies wound around the spokes about what someone else does?
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:13:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As I said earlier, the primary reason I decided to get the shot is to put my wifes mind at ease.  I don't believe much if any of the "info" put out by either conviction about the vaccine,and I sure don't take the CDC's word as gospel, so why would I listen to the tin hat brigade?  Some people are starting to sound like the Dems - "if you don't believe as I do, you're wrong".  This is pretty much a personal decision, so why get your undies wound around the spokes about what someone else does?
View Quote

You have made a conscious informed decision which is what everyone should do.
Get informed.  Do your research.  Above all find the info you need
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Wife and I aren't get the vac.
We think we've had the china cough.

the whole thing is over blown.

Aren't wearing masks either.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@NAM

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll be keeping a close eye on him for a few days after his second vaccination.

The clinic is making him wait for 3 weeks before getting his second dose.  That seems longer than the typical 2 week wait I've been hearing about for most people.  
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll be keeping a close eye on him for a few days after his second vaccination.

The clinic is making him wait for 3 weeks before getting his second dose.  That seems longer than the typical 2 week wait I've been hearing about for most people.  
View Quote

Depending on the manufacture it is 21 or 28 days for the second dose for everyone
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 8:01:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
 This is pretty much a personal decision, so why get your undies wound around the spokes about what someone else does?
View Quote
Because you're supporting the narrative that these gene therapies are necessary and safe. Continued support of these policies will inevitably lead to forced vaccinations or the inability to work, shop, or travel without injections. The only way to any sort of return to normalcy or freedom is for everyone to refuse masks, refuse dangerous experimental gene therapies, and to force the nation to open back up.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:18:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I got both shots of the Pfizer vaccine. I've experienced no side effects besides the usual tender spot around the area that the needle pierced that only lasted a day or two both times. I've heard the Moderna vaccine seems to produce strong side effects from friends of friends but that's just hearsay on my end.

Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Because you're supporting the narrative that these gene therapies are necessary and safe. Continued support of these policies will inevitably lead to forced vaccinations or the inability to work, shop, or travel without injections. The only way to any sort of return to normalcy or freedom is for everyone to refuse masks, refuse dangerous experimental gene therapies, and to force the nation to open back up.
View Quote

Nicely said.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

The only thing I'm supporting is my right to make my own decision.  I think this whole covid thing has been blown way out of proportion and the gov't is using it for political reasons.  I don't wear a stupid mask except in businesses that require it - their right to do so.  I got a shot to make my wife feel better, otherwise I'd take my chances.  So just give it a rest for Crist's sake.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:38:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#36]
My doctor won't recommend vaccination yet, till they actually officially approve beyond the emergency use phase.  Can't find any testing done on those with over active immune systems, and ain't gonna be the test rat.  If they do decent testing and my doctor recommends, will get vaccinated.  I make personal decision to get the flu and pneumonia shots.  Taking immunity suppressants and wearing a mask.  If someone decides not to wear a mask in area that requires it while i am there and get close, they get advised to back off.  Course am just a harmless old guy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My doctor won't recommend vaccination yet, till they actually officially approve beyond the emergency use phase.  Can't find any testing done on those with over active immune systems, and ain't gonna be the test rat.  If they do decent testing and my doctor recommends, will get vaccinated.  I make personal decision to get the flu and pneumonia shots.  Taking immunity suppressants and wearing a mask.  If someone decides not to wear a mask in area that requires it while i am there and get close, they get advised to back off.  Course am just a harmless old guy.
View Quote

My wife has Lupus, and she will not get a vaccination unless her rheumatologist gives her the green light. But, she's already had the virus, tested positive last month, and it was very mild as far as symptoms. Maybe it was the 7 years of 200mg of hydroxychloroquine daily? So she has the anti-bodies already. Isn't that what a vaccine does? I didn't get tested, but had the same symptoms as her, just a day later. I have the anti-bodies too.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Paid attention to the earlier hydro studies, which were absolute garbage. Actually downloaded and read the available results.  Nothing like the media portrayed them. They basically over dosed patients already in critical condition.  The one study done there in the amazon NEVER even tested the patients for covid, they just assumed. Was taking hydro early on in lupus treatment, and would have taken it again if doctor recommended it as precautionary or treatment of early symptoms.

Am glad you/yours are doing good.  Lupus has many differing affects/symptoms and lupus/scheroderma got into my kidneys (systemic).  By time i recognized something was wrong, kidneys and heart were failing with 220/115 bp.  Took year for diagnosis, then chemo/prednisone for a year.  Some doctors are recommending vaccine in combination with stopping suppressant drugs for short while based on a "flare up" is less serious than covid.  Personally am more worried about the lupus.  Fortunately for some, my conversations are short with damaged voice box, and can not sit out in the sun or under the new style of flourecesants (whatever they are called).

These new vaccines operate differently from the old ones, at least as i understand it. They will not let me take any of the  "live" vaccinations. Am going to wait for the final approval and doctors recommendation.  Likely  will have to wait for  herd immunity, which already appears to be starting.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, but like they say we are responsible for our own health decisions.  And don't like my health decisions made by others.

Had several friends get covid.  One had an extended exposure from daughter coming home for a week and him and his wife got pretty sick.  Another had some pre existing conditions and was in poor health to begin with.  He almost died.  It appears the serious of the symptoms is directly related to amount of exposure.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Paid attention to the earlier hydro studies, which were absolute garbage. Actually downloaded and read the available results.  Nothing like the media portrayed them. They basically over dosed patients already in critical condition.  The one study done there in the amazon NEVER even tested the patients for covid, they just assumed. Was taking hydro early on in lupus treatment, and would have taken it again if doctor recommended it as precautionary or treatment of early symptoms.

Am glad you/yours are doing good.  Lupus has many differing affects/symptoms and lupus/scheroderma got into my kidneys (systemic).  By time i recognized something was wrong, kidneys and heart were failing with 220/115 bp.  Took year for diagnosis, then chemo/prednisone for a year.  Some doctors are recommending vaccine in combination with stopping suppressant drugs for short while based on a "flare up" is less serious than covid.  Personally am more worried about the lupus.  Fortunately for some, my conversations are short with damaged voice box, and can not sit out in the sun or under the new style of flourecesants (whatever they are called).

These new vaccines operate differently from the old ones, at least as i understand it. They will not let me take any of the  "live" vaccinations. Am going to wait for the final approval and doctors recommendation.  Likely  will have to wait for  herd immunity, which already appears to be starting.

Sorry, didn't mean to rant, but like they say we are responsible for our own health decisions.  And don't like my health decisions made by others.

Had several friends get covid.  One had an extended exposure from daughter coming home for a week and him and his wife got pretty sick.  Another had some pre existing conditions and was in poor health to begin with.  He almost died.  It appears the serious of the symptoms is directly related to amount of exposure.
View Quote

Wife's doc said there's about 80 varieties of Lupus. Hers is of the rheumatoid type. It almost killed her. She spent 10 days in the hospital, 3 in cardiac ICU. When they started her on Hydroxy, it was a steady improvement, that accelerated with each passing day. We have no doubts it saved her life. They originally thought she had cancer. all the symptoms were there, but they couldn't find any. The last cancer specialist she saw, an oncologist/hematologist is the one who suspected Lupus, when she went for a bone marrow draw to test for leukemia. He admitted her to the hospital immediately, and called in a rheumatologist who confirmed it was lupus. She had a heart rate double normal. That's why the cardiac ICU. After they brought her heart rate back to normal levels, they waited a few days to be sure it was stabilized, they began the hydroxy treatments. Within 3-4 days, they released her. She was back at work on a part-time basis 3 weeks later. She had lost almost 40 lbs...she looked like a holocaust victim. That was 8 years ago. Full recovery.

As for the covid exposure, she shares an office with a co-worker. Wife works 3 days per week, part time job. She works Mon-Thurs-Fri. Co-worker works Tues thru Sat, full time job. They've been friends for 20+ years, previously worked together somewhere else for 10 years. Co-worker became ill on Saturday Jan 23rd. Co-workers husband started having symptoms wednesday Jan 21. My wife did not see her that weekend, nor on monday Jan 25. But my wife uses her desk on Mondays and covers her job on her day off, and that's where her computer is. On tuesday Jan 26th, wife had a low grade fever, and stuffed up sinuses, dry cough, headache. By wednesday afternoon, it was all gone. I had same on tuesday night, lasted less than a day. So we didn't think covid, was over too quickly. Wednesday evening, wife's boss calls, asks how she's feeling, tells her the co-worker was getting tested for covid, wife should stay home thursday & friday until test results come back. Co-worker's test came back positive on friday. Wife calls her doc, they set up a covid test for her on monday, Feb 1st. Test results came back positive on Feb 3rd. We quarantined until 2 days ago.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:49:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

The growth of a tail is next...  LOL

I'm not eligible yet - although during a recent visit to my GP it seemed he offered me one.  I passed, but will think about it more.  Although, I had the Covid in November.  

Strange that every virus known to man produces antibodies in perpetuity.  Except they say this one doesn't.  Think that immunity may have been engineered out of this version?    *Cough* Wuhan Lab
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top