Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2021 6:14:08 PM EDT
Don’t know much yet. Report that the mall is on lockdown as LEOs search for the shooter.

Authorities Asking Public to stay away from Fox River Mall
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:43:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Suspect is no surprise.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Rumor on the street is that there are two victims. One shot in the head and one in the gut.  Both were wearing orange bandanas.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Appleton slowly turning into Milwaukee 2.0?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 7:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
From the Post Crescent:

Police are looking for Dezman V. Ellis, 17, who they believe is riding a blue 2012 Dodge Avenger with the state license plate AHP7939.

Police believe the shooting was targeted and people should view Ellis as armed and dangerous.

The shooter left the mall before officers arrived at the scene, Grand Chute police public information officer Travis Waas said. No one is currently in custody for the shooting.

Anyone with information about the incident should contact the Grand Chute Police Department at 920-832-1575 or text "TIPGCPD" to 847411.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow.  What a shocker.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta' be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep.
How embarrassing to be a member of a "gang" in a small mid-western town.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Chicago connections? In many Madison shootings, the news cites connections to Chicago. The suspect was from Chicago visiting family, or fled to visit family in Chicago. The people trashing our cities with crime are usually not from families that were raised in our state (excepting Milwaukee). They were raised in Chicago or other areas, or their families were raised in Chicago.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Just in time for black history month.

Milwaukee and Chicago exporting their superior culture.  It's common to hear in the Fox Valley how the export improves local culture.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#9]
On the bright side, I'm moving to Greenleaf from Appleton next month. Been seeing more and more signs of Milwaukee and Chicago coming to Appleton lately....good time to get away.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:03:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Big Shocker - Mall shooting wasn't random.

GRAND CHUTE - Police have found the car believed to have been connected to the fatal shooting Sunday afternoon at the Fox River Mall.

At 7:30 a.m. Monday, police got a tip that the car, a blue 2012 Dodge Avenger, was parked in the 200 block of West 20th Avenue in Oshkosh, the Oshkosh Police Department said early Monday afternoon.

When officers from Grand Chute and Oshkosh arrived at the scene, four people at the residence "became physically combative" with the officers, police said. Those four people — a 15-year-old boy, a 16-year-old girl, an 18-year-old woman and a 37-year-old woman — all were arrested on suspicion of disorderly conduct and resisting police.

Police still are looking for 17-year-old Dezman V. Ellis for questioning about his involvement in the shooting. Ellis was believed to have been riding in the car, police said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I'm familiar with that house as I've seen the occupants of the home jaywalking across the busy street to Kwik Trip frequently. Doesn't surprise me they weren't willing to cooperate with the police...
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:55:43 AM EDT
[#12]
It wasn't too long ago that I heard a group of leftists in Milwaukee talking about how much they wanted to move to Appleton. I was surprised because I always thought of it as conservative. Did the universities there turn the area?
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It wasn't too long ago that I heard a group of leftists in Milwaukee talking about how much they wanted to move to Appleton. I was surprised because I always thought of it as conservative. Did the universities there turn the area?
View Quote
I've been here for 10+ years....Appleton has always been a liberal stronghold. The outlying/surrounding cities (Little Chute, Combined Locks, Kimberly, Darboy,  Kaukauna) are the conservative areas...
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 2:24:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've been here for 10+ years....Appleton has always been a liberal stronghold. The outlying/surrounding cities (Little Chute, Combined Locks, Kimberly, Darboy,  Kaukauna) are the conservative areas...
View Quote

Correct. Appleton itself is very liberal. While it has Lawrence University that contributes somewhat, they are a fairly small school. Appleton city government has become a stranglehold of folks who want to do social experiments with other people’s money. The surrounding county is conservative but that may (eventually) flip.

We are only a couple decades behind Madison.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:40:24 PM EDT
[#15]
This couldn't have happened, must be a mistake after all the mall is a GUN FREE ZONE!!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 1:15:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Correct. Appleton itself is very liberal. While it has Lawrence University that contributes somewhat, they are a fairly small school. Appleton city government has become a stranglehold of folks who want to do social experiments with other people's money. The surrounding county is conservative but that may (eventually) flip.

We are only a couple decades behind Madison.
View Quote

I think we're much closer than a couple decades, hence our move to Greenleaf. Far enough away from the valley to not have to deal with libtards, but close enough to work yet.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:16:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m from Appleton and it is getting worse and worse. It also seems that all of our more notable issues stem from larger cities, but it makes sense since 41 connects all the big cities to us and GB. Stop off here to party and off someone on your way back to Chicago from running drugs to Green Bay.

I loved growing up here, but it has steadily morphed into something I don’t really recognize anymore.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#18]
He was arrested in Des Moines IA yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
He was arrested in Des Moines IA yesterday.
View Quote

Alive? Funny, the Lefties are always bringing up how only white people get arrested alive these days. Really makes you wonder...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top