Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2020 6:17:15 PM EDT
Hello Folks. I live in the McHenry County are of IL. Have been looking for a hunting land parcel to use for hunting and/or as an outdoor range in the bordering WI. Not looking to spend a ton, the cheaper the better :) . Just a fellow ARFCOMer looking for something good outside of any restrictive local or municipal ordinances to enjoy our 2A rights.

Morever, WI allows rifle hunting which is a major plus. A few of friends are looking for the same as well. Any suggestions on good areas close by welcome.
Link Posted: 11/13/2020 11:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Land down here ain't much cheaper than IL.  

There were some nice 80acre+ parcels, but you're talking $800K to a million.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:25:57 AM EDT
[#2]
For hunting, you may have to look at public lands.

https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/outdoorrecreation/index.aspx just select the county you want. Also if you havent looked already, A gun deer license for out of state is $165.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:47:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For hunting, you may have to look at public lands.

https://dnr.wi.gov/topic/outdoorrecreation/index.aspx just select the county you want. Also if you havent looked already, A gun deer license for out of state is $165.
View Quote

Thanks and appreciate that but was looking for land for private use to use as fun/private shooting range etc.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks and appreciate that but was looking for land for private use to use as fun/private shooting range etc.
View Quote

If you're not looking to spend a ton, you aren't going to find much in southern Wisconsin. You're more than likely going to be driving 3+ hours before finding something. Most parcels in southern Wisconsin tend to be pretty expensive as it's all great farmland.

Source: I did the same thing about 4 years ago. Took me about 6 months of weekends driving around Wisconsin looking at perspective lots, but I finally found what I wanted up in Price County.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you're not looking to spend a ton, you aren't going to find much in southern Wisconsin. You're more than likely going to be driving 3+ hours before finding something. Most parcels in southern Wisconsin tend to be pretty expensive as it's all great farmland.

Source: I did the same thing about 4 years ago. Took me about 6 months of weekends driving around Wisconsin looking at perspective lots, but I finally found what I wanted up in Price County.
View Quote

------
Lucky you....I will keep scouting as well. Been my dream to have my own private range / land for myself and my kids.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top