Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sick
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Barf

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:08:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't want to call shenanigans, but something was off in this game. Who slides after an interception? The touchdown and two point conversion weren't even contested.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Sad day for pack fans.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:04:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Note to Coach McCarthy... when you play not to lose in the 4th quarter instead of to win, you usually lose.... especially in a championship game when you're sure to have a quality opponent.

To Morgan Burnett.... QBs slide, safeties who intercept the ball get as much as they can to put their team as close to scoring position as they can. I know you think you iced the game with the pick, and didn't want to get a fumble-causing hit and all that, but there was nothing but green in front of you at least into field goal range, and it was the Seahawks offensive linemen & QB on the field between you and the end zone, not their hard hitting / ball stripping defense...  look at the clock before you try to slide next time. With a play-to-not-lose boss like McCarthy on the sidelines, 4-5 minutes isn't enough time for such complacancy.

To Ha Ha... nice game with two picks, but you must've fallen asleep waiting for that 2 point conversion pass that took about 10 seconds to reach the end zone. A little more hustle, you get your 3rd.... and 99 yds of clear sailing down the field.

To Brandon Bostick... nice hands.

I'm a die hard Packer fan, but this "choke" is hard to take easily.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:40:14 AM EDT
[#10]
im still depressed.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:42:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Note to Coach McCarthy... when you play not to lose in the 4th quarter instead of to win, you usually lose.... especially in a championship game when you're sure to have a quality opponent.

To Morgan Burnett.... QBs slide, safeties who intercept the ball get as much as they can to put their team as close to scoring position as they can. I know you think you iced the game with the pick, and didn't want to get a fumble-causing hit and all that, but there was nothing but green in front of you at least into field goal range...  look at the clock before you try to slide next time. With a play-to-not-lose boss on the sidelines, 4-5 minutes isn't enough time for such complacancy.

To Ha Ha... nice game with two picks, but you must've fallen asleep waiting for that 2 point conversion pass that took about 10 seconds to reach the end zone.  

To Brandon Bostick... nice hands.

I'm a die hard Packer fan, but this "choke" is hard to take easily.
View Quote

i agree with everything you say...if i would pick off a pass im thinking endzone every single time no matter what...and hell for every time i get the ball regardless of the situation im thinking endzone...none of this run the same running play 3 times and punt bullshit
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:06:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Crazy game...I saw what I thought was probably the absolute best play out of our team, and then the absolute worst play out of them as well.

They should have well known there was a good possibility of a fake field goal...I even called it before they lined up for a field goal.  He's known for calling shit like that...For a guy to end up in the end zone without anybody even close....that lost the game right there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Crazy game...I saw what I thought was probably the absolute best play out of our team, and then the absolute worst play out of them as well.

They should have well known there was a good possibility of a fake field goal...I even called it before they lined up for a field goal.  He's known for calling shit like that...For a guy to end up in the end zone without anybody even close....that lost the game right there.
View Quote

Where the downhill slide to super-chokedom began, was Capers pulling his drop 8 and rush 3 bullshit, when the Seagulls were 3rd & 19, on the fake FG drive. Only this time he rushes just TWO guys, and leaves the 3rd guy just standing there as a "spy" on Wilson. The 2 "rushers" didn't put forth much effort neither (can't blame, being triple-teamed). WTF does Capers think will happen when you give Russel Wilson an eternity to find an open guy (which he did for a 29yd gain and a first down). It was exactly the same rush-3 BS on that famous "Fail Mary" play back in 2012. The smart move on 3rd & 19 is a blitz. That fake FG should've never even happened, GB should've had the stop on 3rd & 19. That fake-FG and TD opened the door for the Seahawks, and it was all downhill from there.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm glad I went deer hunting instead of watching those GB BOZOS!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where the downhill slide to super-chokedom began, was Capers pulling his drop 8 and rush 3 bullshit, when the Seagulls were 3rd & 19, on the fake FG drive. Only this time he rushes just TWO guys, and leaves the 3rd guy just standing there as a "spy" on Wilson. The 2 "rushers" didn't put forth much effort neither (can't blame, being triple-teamed). WTF does Capers think will happen when you give Russel Wilson an eternity to find an open guy (which he did for a 29yd gain and a first down). It was exactly the same rush-3 BS on that famous "Fail Mary" play back in 2012. The smart move on 3rd & 19 is a blitz. That fake FG should've never even happened, GB should've had the stop on 3rd & 19. That fake-FG and TD opened the door for the Seahawks, and it was all downhill from there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the brutal truth...I'm seriously starting to wonder about the ability of the entire coaching staff. A multitude of fuckups on both the players and coaching staff...and it's not the first time...something has to change.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sad day for pack fans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad day for pack fans.

Not for us Seahawk fans.

Hell after the 2nd qtr I just said hell with it and took a nap. They way they were playing and GB is pretty consistant winning with that much of a lead at half I figured Seattle was done for the year. Woke up with 5 or so min left and seen it was 22 to 19 Seattle. Guess I should had stayed up.

I will root for the Packers IF its not against Seattle.

Now Seattle just needs to get their act together in 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's the brutal truth...I'm seriously starting to wonder about the ability of the entire coaching staff. A multitude of fuckups on both the players and coaching staff...and it's not the first time...something has to change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully McCarthy has learned to not play it super-safe with a lead, and Capers has learned to be more aggressive on 3rd & long after getting burned badly twice by Wilson. I don't think either will be leaving the team soon. McCarthy has a winning record that most coaches (save Belecheck) can match. He did get them to the championship game, while 28 other teams watched from home. I hope he stays for a long time... but learned a huge lesson. Capers finally had the defense humming along. They played great for 57 minutes in the biggest game of the season, and finished the season strong for the most part when it counts most (not his fault they came up one botched on-side kick short, a special teams error, and McCarthy was content to sit on a lead).  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top