Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 9:23:58 PM EDT
Hi guys, I'll be in the Flambeau State Forest area on Saturday. Is it worth it to get a grouse license for the weekend? Any birds to speak of in that area?
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 9:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I would, but that's just me. Fall colors are at, or past, their peak right now in that area. Wind & rain are forecast for Thursday & Friday, and should knock most remaining leaves off of the trees by the weekend (except oaks, which are just starting to turn). That'll give you better shooting visibility. There's always been a lot of birds in the Park Falls area.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's always been a lot of birds in the Park Falls area.
View Quote

I have seen and heard more birds in the last 48 hours then the previous 48 days.  For the most part everyone is the same way, have seen 1 or 2 birds, maybe shot 1.  Things started to pop on Saturday afternoon.  I am going this afternoon, after work, that is if it is not too hot for the dogs.  At least the leaves dropped like you said.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#3]
As of today, still a lot of bugs, gnats and flies.  Maybe after tomorrow and temp drop bugs will be less for the weekend.  If you have a Thermacell bring it just in case or at least some bug dope.  I don't enjoy gnats in my eyes and up my nose and they have been thick this year where you are going.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I ended up with 2, saw maybe 10. Great day, really enjoyed the area. You guys have some really nice scenery and although it was a gloomy day, I had a blast. Thanks for the input!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top