Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2014 4:38:14 PM EDT
Website doesn't say what distances the lanes are. I want to make sure I'm not shooting my 50 at a 75m berm.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I never trust what any range says the butts are, I always bring my rangefinder/
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:36:21 AM EDT
[#2]
It's been a few years since I've been there, but if I recall correctly, there are 7, 25, 50 and 100 yard berms.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:47:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe Tapperman is correct, but I have never paced it off.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:39:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Which one, there's several.

If you're talking about the range between Eagle River & Conover, off Hwy 45, I haven't been there for almost a week now. It has a 50' pistol range separated by berms from the rifle ranges. The rifle ranges are 25, 50, 100yds. That's from bench to target backstop, and my rangefinder says they're correctly marked within a yard (which is the depth of the bench).

Other ranges are north of Arbor Vitae off Hwy 51, and south of Boulder Junction on Nebish Lake Rd, off of Hwy M. I don't use either, so can't help you with those. I'm about 6 miles from the Conover range, others are 25 & 30 miles from home.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Is the range north of Phelps still open?
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is the range north of Phelps still open?
View Quote

Shhhhhh... that's a secret. FIBS haven't discovered it yet.

Yes it is.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 9:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Jesus Christ. Four hours of driving to find I forgot one of my two ammo cans. I found some local 50bmg but no 22lr to save my life.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#8]
It's a nice range.  Be sure to give some $ to the coffer.   There are a lot of FIBS there (former FIB), but earlier on the weekdays is a good time to go.  Help clean up if you can.  Plus, you can always stop off at the Tribute Brewery In ER on the way home...
Thanks to the folks who maintain that range.  My family and I use it when up in the Northwoods.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jesus Christ. Four hours of driving to find I forgot one of my two ammo cans. I found some local 50bmg but no 22lr to save my life.
View Quote

Got ya covered on the .22lr. You can't find any local cuz I neckbearded it all. I got the whole 150 rnds Shopko had in stock.
No one else in Eagle River has ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top