Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2014 7:00:44 AM EDT

Any counter protests organised?

The event and breakfast signal the beginning of Mayor Barrett’s "Ceasefire Week.” Other events for the week are below:

• Tuesday May 13 — Community Forum on Gun Violence, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM at City Hall Rotunda, 200 E. Wells Street

• Wednesday May 14 — Milwaukee Police Spring Merit Awards, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Safety Academy, 6680 N. Teutonia Avenue

• Saturday May 17 — Ceasefire Community Walk, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM at Tabernacle Comm. Baptist Church, 2500 W. Medford Avenue to Northside YMCA

• Saturday May 17 — Gun BuyBack, 10:00 AM -2:00 PM at Tabernacle Comm. Baptist Church, 2500 W. Medford Avenue

• Sunday May 18 — 10th Annual Ceasefire Sabbath at City of Milwaukee Institutions of Faith

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#1]
The Community Forum on Gun Violence should be a good one to attend.  

Afterall, it's not the gangbangers responsible for violent crimes, it the guns.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't see how much they're offering at the buyback, anybody know?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Community Forum on Gun Violence should be a good one to attend.  

Afterall, it's not the gangbangers responsible for violent crimes, it the guns.
View Quote

Gangbaners will always be gangbangers. Take away the guns, the gangbangers will use swords. There will be news stories about drive-by beheadings. Instead of Community Forum on Gun Violence, it'll be Community Forum on Blade Violence. Then they'll demand to take away all sharp bladed instruments, and there'll be drive-by clubbings. Ban baseball bats, for the children. And so on. They will never realize that it's the criminals, not the objects used by criminals, because they'll always hear the cries of  "my baby's a good boy, he didn't do nuffin".
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:07:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Huh, I thought a mayor's job was to run the city administration, not slob shitty unwanted feelgood measures all over the citizens.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Huh, I thought a mayor's job was to run the city administration, not slob shitty unwanted feelgood measures all over the citizens.
View Quote

Wrong.  That's about all he's actually capable of doing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Notice the Pharasees and the Sadducees shoveling their brand of "Religion" out onto the streets...
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:39:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Any counter protests organised?
View Quote

The event and breakfast signal the beginning of Mayor Barrett’s "Ceasefire Week.” Other events for the week are below:

• Tuesday May 13 — Community Forum on Gun Violence, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM at City Hall Rotunda, 200 E. Wells Street

• Wednesday May 14 — Milwaukee Police Spring Merit Awards, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM at Safety Academy, 6680 N. Teutonia Avenue

• Saturday May 17 — Ceasefire Community Walk, 9:00 AM – 10:00 AM at Tabernacle Comm. Baptist Church, 2500 W. Medford Avenue to Northside YMCA

• Saturday May 17 — Gun BuyBack, 10:00 AM -2:00 PM at Tabernacle Comm. Baptist Church, 2500 W. Medford Avenue

• Sunday May 18 — 10th Annual Ceasefire Sabbath at City of Milwaukee Institutions of Faith

Counter protest?

The people on "his side" will continue shooting one another throughout the weekend.  That's a pretty good counter protest.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:18:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Strict weapon laws have been successful in Mexico...
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:03:20 AM EDT
[#9]
WCI members are organizing their own "buyback" across the street from the one being sponsored.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
WCI members are organizing their own "buyback" across the street from the one being sponsored.
View Quote

I was going to suggest this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 12:44:02 PM EDT
[#11]
A cease fire isn't needed in the ghetto......they just need more ammo, and the skills to aim better. The ammo shortage is slowing the thinning of the herd.....seems like things will never get better there. Being a non minority, there isn't much I can do.....it's a minority problem, that will have to be fixed by minorities.

Poverty doesn't cause crime.....crime causes poverty!
Link Posted: 5/12/2014 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone headed downtown to "buyback" some guns on Saturday?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://metromilwaukee.org/2014/05/turn-in-a-gun-in-honor-of-ceasefire-week-on-saturday-and-you-could-get-paid/

If you’d like to take part in the Ceasefire Community Walk (one mile), it begins at Tabernacle Community Baptist Church, 2500 W. Medford Ave. in Milwaukee starting at 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 17th.

The gun buy-back program is set for the same day (Saturday) at the same location — Tabernacle Community Baptist Church. The gun buy-back program will be held from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.

$53,000 was raised for the gun buy-back program. Here’s the breakdown of what you’ll receive for various weapons:

$50 bank card for the return of a shotgun or rifle
   $100 bank card for the return of a handgun
   $200 bank card for the return of an assault weapon

I've got a junker I'll be bringing in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:37:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any info on this?
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#15]
If they are doing a buy back and will give $100 or so, I'd love to take an airsoft pistol apart and take it to them in a ziplock bag.  Tell then it's one of those evil plastic guns developed by the Germans that can be snuck through metal detectors.  

I've always wanted to try that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:25:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:33:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't have current info on the WCI member buyback (it's not a official WCI event), but some are taking it seriously, with tables and signs.

There is also an open carry picnic planned in Oconomowoc that day, but I don't know if it's going forward since the chief announced he won't enforce it, and the city is backing off.

As for bringing in airsoft, one guy did that at the last one-purchased 7 $15 airsoft/BB pistols brand new, turned them in for gift cards at $50 each.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:35:04 AM EDT
[#18]
I have an expended AT-4 tube and some old broken airsoft pistols. I seriously need to hit a buyback at some point.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I have an expended AT-4 tube and some old broken airsoft pistols. I seriously need to hit a buyback at some point.
View Quote

Maybe give some of our ORD collectors a shot at that before you dump it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell yeah. But if he does turn it in, it's a guarantee that it will be in the picture that will be part of the story that that's in the newspaper & TV.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm in no rush too, but I think it'd be hilarious to see on the news and to get money for it to boot. I'd drop their sad little jaws and tell them a story about the time I used them to breach Uncle Ho's gay bathhouse in Saigon in '65. They don't make SEALs like that anymore!

It's pretty much useless at the moment (for what I wanted to do with it). It's missing the end caps and the flip up sight is busted off.

If someone wants to pony up for a beat up fiberglass tube let's see the offers roll in
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#22]
The drop-off site will be at the Tabernacle Community Baptist Church on Medford Avenue from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

People will receive a $50 bank card for turning in a shotgun or rife, a $100 bank card for the return of a handgun and a $200 bank card for an assault rife.

Rules:

--Firearms must be unloaded, transported in the trunk of vehicle or carried in a fastened gun box or securely tied package

--Magazine must be outside of firearm

--Ammunition will not be accepted

--Gun transfers to law enforcement only

--Assault weapons as defined by Wisconsin law

--Several firearms may be surrendered by an individual, compensation only for a maximum of three

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/milwaukee-leaders-announce-gun-buyback-program/25945608#ixzz31dOg8t51

Wait a minute................... I just re-read that and noticed something.  Aren't churches "gun free zones"?  
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:44:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm in no rush too, but I think it'd be hilarious to see on the news and to get money for it to boot. I'd drop their sad little jaws and tell them a story about the time I used them to breach Uncle Ho's gay bathhouse in Saigon in '65. They don't make SEALs like that anymore!

It's pretty much useless at the moment (for what I wanted to do with it). It's missing the end caps and the flip up sight is busted off.

If someone wants to pony up for a beat up fiberglass tube let's see the offers roll in
View Quote

I wonder how much they'll pay for a DD?  
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:53:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The drop-off site will be at the Tabernacle Community Baptist Church on Medford Avenue from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

People will receive a $50 bank card for turning in a shotgun or rife, a $100 bank card for the return of a handgun and a $200 bank card for an assault rife.

Rules:

--Firearms must be unloaded, transported in the trunk of vehicle or carried in a fastened gun box or securely tied package

--Magazine must be outside of firearm

--Ammunition will not be accepted

--Gun transfers to law enforcement only

--Assault weapons as defined by Wisconsin law

--Several firearms may be surrendered by an individual, compensation only for a maximum of three

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/milwaukee-leaders-announce-gun-buyback-program/25945608#ixzz31dOg8t51

Wait a minute................... I just re-read that and noticed something.  Aren't churches "gun free zones"?  
View Quote

Nope.  Only if its with a school or otherwise posted.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#25]
IS there a definition of assault weapon in WI law?

Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I was going to ask. I know the Milwaukee liberals have proposed a ban several times...

Eta: I am not aware of a definition existing, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Whichever ones are painted black and/or scare the dipshits at the church.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if I could setup a stand next to this thing saying I would throw in an extra $100.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:35:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not in current law, but there was one in a proposed bill....

From AB 222 2013

Analysis by the Legislative Reference Bureau
Generally, current law does not prohibit the possession, sale, or transfer of an
assault weapon. This bill bans the transportation, purchase, possession, or transfer
of an assault weapon and specifically defines "assault weapon" for the purpose of the
ban.
<snip>

941.285 Possession of assault weapons. (1) In this section:
AB222,3,1515 (a) "Assault weapon" means any of the following:

1. A semiautomatic, center-fire, or pump-action rifle that has the capacity to
accept a detachable magazine and has any of the following:
a. A pistol grip.
b. A folding, telescoping, or thumbhole stock.
c. A 2nd handgrip or protruding grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand.
d. A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel,
    but excluding a slide that encloses the barrel.
e. A muzzle brake or muzzle compensator.
f. A grenade launcher or a flare launcher.
g. A flash suppressor.
h. A forward pistol grip.

2. A semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

3. A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than 30
    inches.

4. A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable
     magazine and has any of the following:
 a. A threaded barrel capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip,
    or silencer.
 d. A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel,

5. A semiautomatic shotgun that has any of the following:
  a. A pistol grip, thumbhole stock, or vertical handgrip and a folding or
     telescoping stock.
  b. A fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds.
  c. An ability to accept a detachable magazine.

6. A shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

7. A conversion kit or parts from which an assault weapon can be assembled
   if all of the kit or parts are in the control of the same person.
(am) "Detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device, the
         function of which is to deliver one or more ammunition cartridges into the firing chamber, that can be                  removed   from the firearm without any tool, bullet, or ammunition cartridge.

(b) "Firearms dealer" has the meaning given in s. 175.35 (1) (ar).

(c) 1. "Large-capacity magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that
            has the capacity to accept more than 7 rounds.

2. "Large-capacity magazine" does not include any of the following:
      a. A 22-caliber tube ammunition feeding device.
      b. A tubular magazine that is contained in a lever-action firearm.

(cg) "Muzzle brake" means a device that is attached to the muzzle of a weapon
         and that uses escaping gas to reduce recoil.

(cr) "Muzzle compensator" means a device that is attached to the muzzle of a
        weapon and that uses escaping gas to control muzzle movement.

(d) "Rifle" has the meaning given in s. 941.28 (1) (a).

(e) "Semiautomatic" means that the firearm is a repeating firearm that
     requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge and that uses a portion
     of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and to place
     another unfired cartridge into the chamber.

(f) "Shotgun" has the meaning given in s. 941.28 (1) (d).
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#31]

3 $27 AK receiver blanks, $81.

3 pieces of scrap pipe, scrap springs and random chunks of metal taped on, free.

Rough cut pieces of scrap 2x4 coated with left over poly, free.

$600 from libtard gun grabbers and a smile on my face?  Priceless.

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#32]
New Arfcom WIHTF contest - see if you can get your POS turn-in on the news or in the paper.  Extra points if the camera pan on the news stops on your item for a moment, and super bonus point for specific commentary on your turn in item.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

3 pieces of scrap pipe, scrap springs and random chunks of metal taped on, free.

View Quote

You forgot the black paint.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got a MIG welder that can be used to make it look somewhat more "real". I even know how to use it now (Thanks polymorpheus!). Just sayin'
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like the cut of your jib.

Gives me something to do with those bent flats

ETA: waitaminute, it's this saturday.  I need ot get cracking.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 12:02:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I've got a MIG welder that can be used to make it look somewhat more "real". I even know how to use it now (Thanks polymorpheus!). Just sayin'
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bingo.  I wonder how you might incorporate that pile of old tanks.  Oooh, rocket launchers!

Link Posted: 5/15/2014 8:55:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Bingo.  I wonder how you might incorporate that pile of old tanks.  Oooh, rocket launchers!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're evil silencers used by assassins. BIG evil silencers. Weld those to the end of the barrel, get $200. Win!
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 10:27:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

From AB 222 2013

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From AB 222 2013

Generally, current law does not prohibit the possession, sale, or transfer of an
assault weapon. This bill bans the transportation, purchase, possession, or transfer
of an assault weapon and specifically defines "assault weapon" for the purpose of the
ban.
<snip>

a. A pistol grip.
g. A flash suppressor.

2. A semiautomatic pistol, or any semiautomatic, centerfire rifle with a fixed magazine, that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

inches.

or silencer.

telescoping stock.

function of which is to deliver one or more ammunition cartridges into the firing chamber, that can be                  removed   from the firearm without any tool, bullet, or ammunition cartridge.

requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge and that uses a portion
     of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and to place

Tools. Me thinks with that definition, should it have passed, would have made a Ruger Scout an "assault rifle".

Notice where they slapped a comma. It doesn't say, "semi-automatic centerfire, or pump action rifle", it's says, "semi-automatic, centerfire, or pump action rifle". So basically by that language you include every centerfire rifle, regardless of action type.

I'm going to start remembering the names of politicians who propose this kind of crap.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Tools. Me thinks with that definition, should it have passed, would have made a Ruger Scout an "assault rifle".

Notice where they slapped a comma. It doesn't say, "semi-automatic centerfire, or pump action rifle", it's says, "semi-automatic, centerfire, or pump action rifle". So basically by that language you include every centerfire rifle, regardless of action type.

I'm going to start remembering the names of politicians who propose this kind of crap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From AB 222 2013

ban.
<snip>

a. A pistol grip.
g. A flash suppressor.

inches.

or silencer.

telescoping stock.

You're going to start?  
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was proposed by the usual anti-gun assholes. I've yet to see a gun control bill that didn't have Kessler, Sinicki, and Risser as sponsors.

AB222, May 29, 2013 - Introduced by Representatives Kessler, Barnes, Johnson, Sinicki
and C. Taylor, cosponsored by Senator Risser. Referred to Committee on
Criminal Justice.

Link Posted: 5/18/2014 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#41]
So did anyone score something cool from someone turning them in?
Link Posted: 5/18/2014 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You're going to start?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From AB 222 2013

ban.
<snip>

a. A pistol grip.
g. A flash suppressor.

inches.

or silencer.

telescoping stock.

You're going to start?  

Should I have started earlier? By default I keep politicians on an ignore list.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#43]
When is the ceasefire in Milwaukee going to start???  Are they planning one for this year?
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

When is the ceasefire in Milwaukee going to start???
View Quote
And when will the one in Beloit start? 3 murders in under a month plus shots fired every weekend and couple more times during the week.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top